Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+6
Skiz
kirbonics
BUCKY
stew
Drtr
EyesOfTheWorld
10 posters

De Ja Nine

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

De Ja Nine Empty De Ja Nine

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 15th 2011, 2:18 am

For the second time in as many seasons, Wendell's and the Panda Palace meet in the South Shore A Semi-Finals. The 2nd place Round of Nine team has choice over the 1st place Usual Suspects team due to total points (112-110). They have chosen AT the Mecca on Tuesday and AT the Palace on Thursday. Should be one hell of a battle. Should also be a busy one with Big E's PDL team also home that night. Accomodations will be tight, no practice board will be available (due to the other team playing on it), and there could be more distraction than normal due to the 'double darts', but nothing we haven't experienced already this season. Actually looking forward to it. Glad to accept any advantage we can possibly get. (Might even instruct the waitress to 'sweep a leg or two' Wink Twisted Evil )
    Drtr

De Ja Nine Empty Re: De Ja Nine

Post  Drtr May 15th 2011, 9:36 am

Dave, Good Job Last week. See you at the Mecca on Tuesday, Great battle last year, I hope we're up for the challenge this year!
    stew

Post  stew May 17th 2011, 8:07 am

She can sweep my leg if she's cute
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 17th 2011, 11:49 pm

Round Of Nine 7
    @
    The Usual Suspects 5

We really tried to fuck ourselves tonight. Started off 1-5, and just seemed like we couldn't get our shit together. I personally fucking sucked going 0-3 after starting red hot 5-0 last week. Had a great chance to tie things up 5-5, but lost 2 straight after winning the first in the 4th 301. The good news is that we seemed to pull our heads out of our asses halfway through the match to make this one close. Really felt like it should have been 6-6 tonight. I smell OT on Thursday. Should be fun.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr May 18th 2011, 8:39 am

Funny how there are 2 sides to every match!
    We came out of the shoot winning 5 of the first 6, all 6 301 games went 3 and I feel we left some points in The Mecca last night, This one should have been 9-3 easily!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY May 19th 2011, 12:19 pm

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 19th 2011, 11:26 pm

Congrats to Round of Nine on their win. Good Luck in the Championship.

On the bright side, at least we don't have to go to Super A next season. Very Happy

On a side note, did the Eagles forfeit this week or did they just postpone? I noticed some talk on SEWA about them not going to Amesbury with a shorthanded team. Pretty sure there's no forfeits right?
    Drtr

Post  Drtr May 20th 2011, 7:00 am

Round of Nine 13
    Usual Suspects 8

Great match Dave, Thanks!
    kirbonics

Post  kirbonics May 20th 2011, 10:03 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Congrats to Round of Nine on their win. Good Luck in the Championship.

On the bright side, at least we don't have to go to Super A next season. Very Happy

On a side note, did the Eagles forfeit this week or did they just postpone? I noticed some talk on SEWA about them not going to Amesbury with a shorthanded team. Pretty sure there's no forfeits right?

Did'nt postpone anything, would only have had 4 players after recieving a call at 1:30 the day of the match that there had been a death in the family of one of our teammates, so after weighing all the scenarios I decided best to call the opposing captain and told him to "take" the match..It saved a lot of time,money,fuel and most of all aggrevation on both sides..They had players coming from all over and for them to show and not play because of the situation would of created a lot of complaining..Also I told him that no matter what we would be playing Thursday at the Eagles even if it was 12-0, was not hanging around up there to finish anything..So it made a lot of sence to do what was done...It did not affect any other teams as it would of durring the regular season with point totals and all so it was done and the proper officials notified thru the correct channels..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 20th 2011, 12:38 pm

While I personally don't have any problem with it, I would bet ANYTHING that if my team ever did something like that, I would be completely cruicified by the typical Sewa dopes. You must have some friends in high places cause nobody is even making a peep about it. If it were ME, they'd be calling for my head and demanding the banishment of my entire team from the MMDL. Must be nice. I just hope the league realizes that a precident has now been set here. Forfeits in the playoffs are now acceptable (as they should be).
    kirbonics

Post  kirbonics May 20th 2011, 12:53 pm

Really had no choice Dave...Did what I had to do without the fanfare..Wish it did'nt have to be that way but for all concerned it was the right move..Besides as long as there is notification who cares??? Been going on for years and years..key word is "playoffs"..

Last edited by kirbonics on May 20th 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY May 20th 2011, 12:56 pm

Congratulations to RO9 for a great win.
    Best of Luck the rest of the way.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 20th 2011, 1:25 pm

Hey Kirb, no problem here. If a team wants to forfeit, who cares. It only affects THEM. That's my point. The only ones who lost here is you guys so what difference does it make. With that being said, when we played in Super A, I JOKINGLY said that we would forfeit the first round if we had to play Amesebury, and I was practically castrated for it. You actually DO IT and nobody says boo. Kind of a double standard don't you think? I mean, you did have 4 right? Need 3 to play. 4 gives you a chance to play 8 FULL matches. Take 4 and you've still got a chance coming home. Take 8 and you're loving life coming back to the Eagles on Thursday. My guess is that had the match been at your place on Tuesday, or somewhere local, the match probably takes place even with you guys shorthanded. The key here is AMESEBURY. Hell, for all intents and purposes that's NEW HAMPSHIRE. You're talking and hour and a half to a two hour ride. That sucks. We just had to take an hour ride to HULL last week and a 45 minute ride to Weymouth this week. It SUCKS. If we were down big, or had no chance to win, I'd like to think that you could sacrifice the hour plus road trip and just hand it to your opponnent without facing a punishment from the league. I mean where's the harm in that. I sincerely hope the league doesn't punish you guys for it so that the rest of us have that option in the future.
    kirbonics

Post  kirbonics May 20th 2011, 1:59 pm

Being around for as long as I have, I have a lot of respect for what the Suicide 9 put into their game and where some of those guys come from, so if I had gone up there with 4 and then told them (even the guys who got screwed because I only had 4)that they were coming to Rockland period, that would of led to a lot of bad tasting comments and they would of been real testy and I would'nt of blamed them..Anyway the point of the whole matter was Derek lost a loved one and we were not in a real good frame of mind to go play friggen darts...
    Skiz

Post  Skiz May 20th 2011, 4:50 pm

Its funny because Tom said he was willing to go to the Eagles and play regardless of the score on Thursday. I completely understand the two players not playing because of a tragic event that day. But why not play with the four you had? Tom was planning on only having four on Thursday. I think you missed a huge oppurtunity Paul. And for the record the forfeit is a forfeit and will be subject to the rules of the league. There are board members calling for it and as far as im concerned setting a precedent like that is bad for the league. Driving to Amesbury sucks, Driving from Monte Christos sucks coming from and back to Gloucester with the tunnel shut down. Thats the travel situation in Super A playoffs. Good luck in Super A next season Dave. Division winners and area winners are moving up everywhere in the league this fall. Unless they go to the PDL..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 21st 2011, 1:20 am

And it looks like there is going to be a lot of room up in Super A with you guys banning Kirby and all his guys for the next season. Ouch! Glad to see you guys have decided to, once again, change the rules to accomodate my squad. Haven't moved the division winners from A up to Super A since Super A was re-instated. Weird cause it's the first time we've actually won the division since then, and now rules are changing once again. LOL. Gotta love the MMDL. lol!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 21st 2011, 1:26 am

So let me get a clarification here. The division winners and the Champion have to move up. So, if Nemesis beats Round of Nine, Nemesis moves up, the Fox moves up and WE move up, while Round of Nine, who just BEAT us 13-7, AND who had MORE points than us this season, would stay in A? Who's dick are they sucking???
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 21st 2011, 1:34 am

Just one more quick question...When we move up, I'm still allowed to manipulate the system and just show with 4 guys for away matches, to totally make a mockery of the the league while blatently spitting in their faces right? I mean if we are going to have to waste our time, I kind of want to do it on my own terms. See you all at 8:15 with my 4 guys to play only the games that we dont have to score, get our house round and be done by 10. You don't fuck with the KING king my boy. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 21st 2011, 1:56 am

I seriously can't wait to totally fuck wth the MMDL next fall. Maybe play all our home games with a full team, then bag it on the road. Then just quit 3/4 through the season and really fuck with all the standings. God, what a fucking NIGHTMARE the AD is going to have on their hands. Or maybe not. Who knows? tongue tongue tongue Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Drtr

Post  Drtr May 21st 2011, 5:54 am

Great News for Round of Nine, Win/Win situation!

If we win the Area we are A Div area Champs and have a crack at a State Title! we move to SA for a season, play with the elite player who we all respect!

If we lose we stay in A and clearly are the frt runner for next year!!
    OH BOY!!!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 21st 2011, 10:18 am

I wouldn't get TOO excited there Kev. Sounds like you'll probably be moving up regardless. I'm not too sure that the Fox or Nemesis will play if they have to go to Super A, and I can tell you right now, we're certainly not moving up, so you might be going up no matter what happens. In fact, they may be so desparate for teams that the Assassins will have to move back up as well.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr May 21st 2011, 12:22 pm

If we do have to go up, I can tell you one thing, we will NOT fuck with the rules or show up shorthanded, we will Respect the Teams and Players that we will face and expect the same from them!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 21st 2011, 3:56 pm

What do you mean IF??? I just told you, you're moving up period. My team's gone, and Kirby's team is banned. If they are moving to an 8 team Super A, you're moving up whether you like it or not. They are already down to 5 without Kirby's team. That means they need 3 more. That's you, Fox, and Nemesis (provided that Nemesis and Fox actualy move up). Not sure how many dicks in the mouth you will have to take for you not to move up but I'm sure we'll find that out if in fact you do get to STAY in A.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr May 21st 2011, 4:29 pm

well, we'll let the cards fall where they will. We can't control that, the only thing we can control is our darts when it counts, and we did that against YOU! If you chose not to play next season, then the game you LOST to Round of Nine will be YOUR last! See you later Loser/Quitter!!
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy May 21st 2011, 9:39 pm

Without giving my feeling on whether the match should have been played or not and as much as I like most members of the 841, I do unfortunately feel the rules should be enforced for the simple fact that the rules are there for a reason. However, did every member of that team have the option of going up there to play that match despite the Captains decision? If after investigation it is found that it was purely the Capt.'s decision, only the Capt. should be suspended IMHO. That being said, while I might be wrong, I'm pretty sure the Capt. of that team would've gone and played that match with 3, 4 or 5, players. So it makes me curious, were there certain members of the team that refused to go and left the Capt with no choice?
    One of the rules I live by is, If it doesn't make sense, there's more to it. This whole scenario doesn't make sense so their much be more to it.
    I think a full investigation by the BOD should be cobducted before any decisions are made. JMO

And yes Dave, if this was you.... You and your team would be decapitated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 1:36 am