Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

Summer 2010

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Summer 2010

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on May 31st 2010, 3:29 pm

Looks like the schedule is out. Pretty much same old same old. Personally, I think it would have made much more sense to put NORTON in the Dempsey division with the 3 Brocktons, Stoughton, and Halifax, instead of the Marciano division with 2 Rocklands, 2 Abingtons, and Quincy. Wouldn't it have made sense to swap the Norton team from Marciano with the Rockalnd team from Dempsey? That would keep the 3 Rockland teams in the same division as well as put the Norton team in the division that's closest to them. To be expected I guess. God forbid you give Wendell's some road matches that AREN'T 40 minutes away. At least we have a 10 man roster. Maybe I'll be able to find 5 or 6 that want to take the long roadies.
    Sandy Baggins

Re: Summer 2010

Post  Sandy Baggins on June 3rd 2010, 9:41 am

Good post, I can see where you are coming from. The difficult thing is though that Norton is a bit out of the way of the rest of the league. I agree with ya that the other division would suit you guys a lot better travel-wise but not sure on the skill-wise part. I think to most people the skill-wise part is a lot more important than the travel part. They DO put a lot of emphasis on travel when they make up the scheduele but they also have to take a lot more into consideration especially in the summer with so much mix matching going on. It would be a lot easier to put together a good division for you guys in Norton if we actually had more teams from that area for ya to play. Hopefully the league will continue to grow and in time it will be much easier to facilitate bars/clubs all over Mass. Just remember, it could have been a lot worse travel wise and it HAS been for other teams even just last season. I recall a lone team outta E. Wareham that a whole division of E teams had to travel down to and that's not to menton that team had to travel far EVERY away game. The other teams only had to go down there once. We have to put up with tough travels like this sometimes and even moreso when we're from bars that are off the beaten path a little bit but hopefully it won't always be this way and the league will expand.
    Cry Baby Soup

Post  Cry Baby Soup on June 3rd 2010, 10:26 am

Some things never change!
    whine whine whine
    How bout a big bowl of Cry Baby Soup??
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 3rd 2010, 11:18 am

How bout just giving me what I want? All problems solved.
    Cry Baby Soup

Post  Cry Baby Soup on June 3rd 2010, 11:21 am

It's all about you man!!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 3rd 2010, 11:51 am

Let me take a wild guess here. For the past two summer seasons, we have not been in the "super a" division in the Summer, but were unfairly forced to play them in the playoffs, only to have our asses ceremoniously handed to us once we hit the playoffs. Now that we're actually IN the "super a" division, the playoff format will CHANGE and the Super A's will only face each other in the playoffs. Am I correct? Also, how is the talent level in the Dempsey division THAT much BELOW us? We've played Sidelines, Vega Club, SS Nightmare, AND Sons of Italy all in the past while in the MMDL. Half our team is from a LAST place Super A team who clearly didn't belong in Super A, the rest of the team is from Big E's team who didn't even MAKE the playoffs in A and a guy who's never even played before. How is this team TOO GOOD to play against A and B teams that are HALF the distance away as opposed to the teams that we are curently set up to play? I could see your argument against putting us in the BEST division travel wise for us (Walcott - filled with Norwood, Dedham, and Quincy), even though THAT was the division we used to play in the summer in SSDA's past seasons (before the current regime). Obviously that would be our #1 choice, but those are typically C and below players, so I understand that, but come on, there's no way we're that much unbelievablely better than the A and B squads in Ali & Dempsey.
    Sandy Baggins

Post  Sandy Baggins on June 3rd 2010, 12:00 pm

New Screwa name... Call The Waaahmbulance. Sad

Sorry dude but that's what you get for playing out of a bar in Cowtown, USA.

Last edited by Sandy Baggins on June 3rd 2010, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cry Baby Soup

Post  Cry Baby Soup on June 3rd 2010, 12:00 pm

"Obviously that would be our #1 choice"

Since when did any dart league allow the team captains to choose??
    It's the Directors decsision and you need to STFU and play where your team was seeded and if you don't like it, go play somewhere else
    Sandy Baggins

Post  Sandy Baggins on June 3rd 2010, 12:18 pm

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 3rd 2010, 12:37 pm

"Sorry dude but that's what you get for playing out of a bar in Cowtown, USA."

That's the entire POINT! There are PLENTY of places around here for us to play...Norwood, Brockton, Stoughton, Halifax, even Dedham isn't too bad. So it's not a question of not having any teams in the area for us to play, it's that somehow we are PERCIEVED to be TOO GOOD. Are the local teams really THAT AFRAID to play us? Do we really strike THAT MUCH FEAR into the hearts and souls of our opponents? I mean, granted, we're GOOD, but not unbeatably good. If we are going to have to play in the HIGHEST division that the league has to offer REGARDLESS of the league we play in, we might as well just play in the league that we don't have to travel :40 minutes plus each week. Mark Clifford's Patriot league in the Fall is looking more and more tempting. Virtually EVERY away match 5 or 10 minutes away. At least if we're in the highest division in that league we won't have very far to travel each week, hell, we may never have to leave this GLORIOUS MECCA!!! Heaven on Earth!!!
    Sandy Baggins

Post  Sandy Baggins on June 3rd 2010, 12:38 pm

"Yeehaw yall! Ready to play some darts at the Mecca?"
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 3rd 2010, 12:41 pm

If the Mecca is good enough for the TPC Boston and The New England Patriots, it's good enough for me.
    Shleppy

Post  Shleppy on June 3rd 2010, 10:04 pm

That's right bitches. I finally gave this board my valuable time...only took about 5 min. to get through all the posts. Not exactly Google, is it Eyes.

For the record, I'll be the first to tell you that Eyes is a sandbagger. In fact, nobody has told him that more than me. He knows it. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it. Why do you think he surrounds himself with better players? Ohhhhhhh!!

How is this issue not clear cut? Summer darts = stay local. The team isn't even the same guys who just got beat up in the fall. A 20 year sponsor is unhappy. Who wins with their placement in the other league? Nobody. As someone pointed out, all the other teams have to drive to "Cowtown" as well, so they don't even benefit from this situation. How does that make sense? Maybe they realized that pissing him off gives the league a little bit of help. After all, Eyes is like TNT...he knows drama.

To shift topics. I'm sorry, "Call The Waaahmbulance" is about the lamest rank I've seen. Sad actually. Just about on par with "Cowtown", which isn't saying much.

And where is Metal boy in all this? It's not a good message string without him "agreeing with Eyes on this one" as if had disagreed with him on any other point. Love it.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 4th 2010, 12:41 am

Shleppy, we haven't sandbagged since YOU were on the team in the D division! Ok, so MAYBE a little bit in C division, and just a TAD in the B division when we were playing the Ex-Patriots and Foxboro Fish and Game....Ahhh the good ole days when you could win a match totally shitfaced, playing left handed with just one eye. It's not like that anymore! These higher teams practice and shit and play like 3 or 4 times a week in torneys and luck of the draws. It totally sucks. I want to be able to pick up my darts after 5 weeks of not playing and automatically be able to beat whoever walks through the door. Can't do that in Super A. It's wicked lame. Crying or Very sad Not only that, but they make you travel to FAR AWAY places that you've never even heard of, or would ever have to go in real life like Rockland. (YES, that's a REAL PLACE!) Maybe if we put you back on the squad they will let us move down.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 4th 2010, 1:08 am

And by the way Sandy, why do you have the exact same IP address as Cry Baby? That's really weird. Rolling Eyes Are you just trying to increase my membership list here on Screwa with multiple screen names? It says you are from New Hampshire. Is that true? The only reason I ask, is why would someone from New Hampshire give a FUCK about a southern Massachusetts dart league? New Hampshire may as well be Canada as far as we're concerned here in the Mecca. It's a place to get illegal fireworks and shit. It used to be cool when Massachusetts didn't allow you to but booze on Sundays, but now you don't even have that. Face it, you guys are really just Maine wannabe's. Isn't there any Vermont dart teams that you can bitch about?
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts on June 4th 2010, 10:13 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:And by the way Sandy, why do you have the exact same IP address as Cry Baby? That's really weird. Rolling Eyes Are you just trying to increase my membership list here on Screwa with multiple screen names? It says you are from New Hampshire. Is that true? The only reason I ask, is why would someone from New Hampshire give a FUCK about a southern Massachusetts dart league? New Hampshire may as well be Canada as far as we're concerned here in the Mecca. It's a place to get illegal fireworks and shit. It used to be cool when Massachusetts didn't allow you to but booze on Sundays, but now you don't even have that. Face it, you guys are really just Maine wannabe's. Isn't there any Vermont dart teams that you can bitch about?

COME ON!!! You know it's Chris... LMAO!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Sandy Baggins

Post  Sandy Baggins on June 4th 2010, 11:29 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:And by the way Sandy, why do you have the exact same IP address as Cry Baby? That's really weird. Rolling Eyes Are you just trying to increase my membership list here on Screwa with multiple screen names? It says you are from New Hampshire. Is that true? The only reason I ask, is why would someone from New Hampshire give a FUCK about a southern Massachusetts dart league? New Hampshire may as well be Canada as far as we're concerned here in the Mecca. It's a place to get illegal fireworks and shit. It used to be cool when Massachusetts didn't allow you to but booze on Sundays, but now you don't even have that. Face it, you guys are really just Maine wannabe's. Isn't there any Vermont dart teams that you can bitch about?

That's cool you dissed New Hampshire cause we're actually from the South Shore. Ever think there might be two different computers connected to the same network dipshit?

By the way to the Schleppy dude, Summer darts DOES NOT equal stay local. It eqauls TRAVEL. Less teams = More travel.
    Cry Baby Soup

Post  Cry Baby Soup on June 4th 2010, 11:39 am

Sandy, those guys in cowtown need it told to them real slowly so they understand.

And no Eyes we are NOT from NH and yes there are more than 2 computors on this network!
    and we are NOT the same person, and it is not Chris!
    You are pathetic, playing in A or SA is NOT supposed to be easy you Moron, it is supposed to require practice you idiot, why don't you practice a little more and stop whinning
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts on June 4th 2010, 12:15 pm

Cry Baby Soup wrote:Sandy, those guys in cowtown need it told to them real slowly so they understand.

And no Eyes we are NOT from NH and yes there are more than 2 computors on this network!
    and we are NOT the same person, and it is not Chris!
    You are pathetic, playing in A or SA is NOT supposed to be easy you Moron, it is supposed to require practice you idiot, why don't you practice a little more and stop whinning

Oh well...I was hoping it was Chris. That would be funny. I don't think Derek would be caught dead here, as much as Dave thinks he "just can't stay away".

keep it coming. good stuff. Cowtown indeed. I used to think Whitman was dead, but these guys roll up the sidewalks man!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 4th 2010, 12:16 pm

In the past, the Summer always meant less travel. Teams were divided by area rather than talent because so many teams combined squads with all different players from all different levels, so it was harder to classify a team as A, B, C, etc. since so many teams had multiple players on it. Also, it was meant to be more of a "fun" league playing with friends against local teams as opposed to the more structured and serious MMDL.
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts on June 4th 2010, 12:23 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:In the past, the Summer always meant less travel. Teams were divided by area rather than talent because so many teams combined squads with all different players from all different levels, so it was harder to classify a team as A, B, C, etc. since so many teams had multiple players on it. Also, it was meant to be more of a "fun" league playing with friends against local teams as opposed to the more structured and serious MMDL.

You gotta try to keep it somewhat even though man. We can't all have the guy who runs it on our team!!!

I need a bigger spoon for this pot..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 4th 2010, 12:33 pm

"playing in A or SA is NOT supposed to be easy you Moron, it is supposed to require practice you idiot, why don't you practice a little more and stop whinning"

I have to disagree. Compared to Super A, playing in A is wicked easy. And PRACTICE? PRACTICE???? We're talking about PRACTICE??? Who's got time to deal with practice? We're not the practicing type. That's why we really don't fit the Super A mold. We're much more of a who gives a shit, where are my darts, it's Tuesday night squad. There's no real desire to be the best of the best. We're totally content being the best of the average. To each their own. I don't condemn those who want to compete seriously at the Super A level, we just don't want to be a part of that. We've got no problem competing to be ther best of the JV squad. Not sure why teams seem so hell bent on wanting to play us at the elite level? We obvisously pose no challenge to them and I have NEVER heard a team in the A level say that they were afraid to play us.
    Cry Baby Soup

Post  Cry Baby Soup on June 4th 2010, 12:34 pm

With less teams, I think 55 or 56? it definately means more travel, you could play more local but you have to figure in talet levell to some degree, Hey its summer and that means FUN league!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 4th 2010, 12:40 pm

"You gotta try to keep it somewhat even though man. We can't all have the guy who runs it on our team!!! "

No shit. Didn't you guys win the whole thing last Summer? Why is it you get to stay in the A's and we've got the Super's? Chris looking for ANOTHER Summer Championship to add to his "signature"? Hell, there's ALREADY two Polish Club's in the Marciano division, why not add a third and make the travel easier for EVERY single team in the division? Oh, right, cause then Chris wouldn't get to compete for a championship. I get it. tongue
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts on June 4th 2010, 1:11 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:"You gotta try to keep it somewhat even though man. We can't all have the guy who runs it on our team!!! "

No shit. Didn't you guys win the whole thing last Summer? Why is it you get to stay in the A's and we've got the Super's? Chris looking for ANOTHER Summer Championship to add to his "signature"? Hell, there's ALREADY two Polish Club's in the Marciano division, why not add a third and make the travel easier for EVERY single team in the division? Oh, right, cause then Chris wouldn't get to compete for a championship. I get it. tongue

Yeah, we won it all, and beat the CDL too, but in overtime. We were probably a division low, but there was no real way to know that. Every single player on that team, with me being the only exception, was playing in C heading into Summer. We won a LOT of games that we could've / should've lost. 5 bulls pulled out of the Ass here, a big out or miss by the other team there. But the top 5 shooters were ALL 80% winners on our team, and that is unheard of.

We're right where we belong I'd say this year (having added Brian and Joe D from Death Row). Having said that...our team could compete against a few of the teams up top in Summer (not knowing who's on who's roster yet).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is June 21st 2018, 9:49 am