Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

Mendon Twin Drive-In

JustTheFacts

Mendon Twin Drive-In

Post  JustTheFacts on June 1st 2010, 8:19 am

Just thought I'd put a plug out for the Mendon Twin. Heck, from the "Mecca" it's prob less than a 30 minute ride (less than all away matches! Evil or Very Mad )

This Drive in has been operating continuously since 1954. It was purchased by the current owners in 1987, and they opened a second screen in 1998. They have a funky little snack bar that serves everything from popcorn to taco salads (i guess the owners used to run a mexican catering business). Food is decent, but the great thing is you can just bring your own. We usually pile in the wagon with me, my two daughters, and a couple of their friends, bring a cooler full of soft drinks and snacks. Maybe even order a pizza or bring some good picnic fare.

The best part is you pay 20 bucks per car load, to see a double feature that includes two new release movies. We just went Sunday night and saw Shrek Forever After and Iron Man 2.

It's generally a late night, as the movies go on when the sun is gone, around 8:30 - 8:45. We got out @ 1:00 am with about an hour ride home. It never bothers us, as we're night owls, and the kids can always nap during the second feature, or on the way home. And, of course, no rule that you hav to stay for both movies.

You gotta get there early during the nice weather days on the weekends, say about 6:30 or 7, but they open every night as soon as school lets out. We love to get there at 6 or 6:30 and bring a soft football / frisbee etc and just hang out before the show.

Oh...and bring mosquito repellant.

visit the web site @ www.mendondrivein.com
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Re: Mendon Twin Drive-In

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 1st 2010, 11:42 am

The Mendon drive in is great. Gotta love the drive in deal. Been there many times. There's also one in North Smithfield, RI on Rt. 146. "The Rustic" it's called. Same deal. $20 for the car, two movies. The Rustic has 3 screens as opposed to just 2. Both Mendon and North Smithfield are within 35-40 minutes. Shorter than virtually all our away dart matches. Wink

Current date/time is July 17th 2018, 7:30 pm