Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

5 posters

Show me the MONEY!!!

Chris

Show me the MONEY!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Show me the MONEY!!!

Post  Chris August 19th 2011, 2:17 am

Remember too that these are estimates. I'm sure I took longer to do this stuff the first time around than I do now. For instance, the site was a beta prior to me coming aboard so I had to start from scratch with most of the players. That takes time.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 19th 2011, 8:01 am

Dave, years ago you may have had a point about where the money was going, but not today. Everything the BOD does is an open book. They deny no one who asks to look at the books, or anything else.
    As for what they do, is not a job, well yes it is. You go to any free facilities for the handicap, or any other organization, the staff members will tell you what they do is a job, volunteering or not.
    What Adam and the rest of the BOD, as well as the AD's do are jobs as well. I am sure that Adams hobby is to be on the phone countless hours, listening to people whining about where they were placed in a division, or defusing problems. Those don't sound like hobbies to me. And since they do get paid, it is a job. They do a lot of thankless things behind the scenes that nobody seems to realize. It's not easy running a league of any size, let alone the size of the MMDL. So on this subject, I do back the MMDL. Maybe you should try going to a BOD meeting and see how it is first hand. While there ask to see the books. I am sure you would be surprised. Just a thought.
    Skiz

Post  Skiz August 19th 2011, 9:34 am

believe me, id rather just darts than be bothered by what is usually drunk people acting stupid with darts. I only got involved because i saw a good thing be00ing ruined by two old board members who were abusing the league with a my mentality. I wanted the MMDL to be great again, so i decided to get involved to try to help it get there. The money makes the sacrifice of time, sting a little less. I work 60+ hrs a week, teach 2 nights a week, darts one night a week, mix in OT and i have very little time at home. With three little ones, the MMDL crap seems not worth it alot of the time. So making a little off of it is a small reward considering i make double the amount most weeks just working my day job.

BTW the transparency can be found on the website too. Here is a link to the 990 for the league. http://www.mmdl.org/view/filings
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh August 19th 2011, 11:17 am

Why do you guys fall for Dave's bullshit? Enjoy the PDL dAVE,YOU KNOW,THE LEAGUE YOU BLASTED THE LAST TIME YOU WORE OUT YOUR WELCOME.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 19th 2011, 12:18 pm

Different league. That old one was dismantled. Clifford fixed it, restructerd it, and brought integrity back to it. It's an entirely different entity than the one we left in 2003. The people who handled the books back then are no longer involved, nor is their bar. EVERY team in the new league is closer to us by about :40 minutes, the sponsor fee is cheaper, the awards are better and more numerous, AND you get to play more darts. They also let me choose the division that I want to play in. They couldn't be MORE accomodating. The MMDL could learn a lot about how to handle such an important team as mine. Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 19th 2011, 12:32 pm

And just beacuse something is "transparent" doesn't mean you have to agree with it. The government can tell me where they spend all their money too, it doesn't mean they're spending it right. $30,000 for Salaries? Overpaid. $80,000 in "other expenses"? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Where can i find the link detailing exactly where every penny goes so that I can pick that apart too? Have you SEEN the awards that Doublecork gives out? It's ridiculous. Our other team just won the Division 1A Championship last season. Their trophy is almost as big as the Stanley Cup, and they only had to win two rounds of playoffs to get it. Not only that, but they got to STAY in that division again this season to hopefully get ANOTHER ONE, instead of getting moved up. Pretty sweet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 1:40 am