Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+4
BUCKY
MetalRulz
JustTheFacts
dwalsh
8 posters

Herald Review

dwalsh

Herald Review Empty Herald Review

Post  dwalsh October 3rd 2011, 4:05 pm

Dave..congrats on a great review of your wings in the Sunday Herald.I have been critical of them in the past...heatwise...not hot enough for me.That being said,your hottest wings still maintain great flavour...which most "suicidal" wings do not.The heat overwhelms the taste.Congrats.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Herald Review Empty Re: Herald Review

Post  JustTheFacts October 3rd 2011, 4:29 pm

dwalsh wrote:Dave..congrats on a great review of your wings in the Sunday Herald.I have been critical of them in the past...heatwise...not hot enough for me.That being said,your hottest wings still maintain great flavour...which most "suicidal" wings do not.The heat overwhelms the taste.Congrats.

Cool! Dave, you have fewer or less sensitive buds than i my friend. i took a taste of the sauce on one of those suicides, and i had a near death experience!

Congrats Dave.....Link?
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz October 4th 2011, 12:19 pm

BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 5th 2011, 9:57 am

Without a doubt. CONGRATS DAVE
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 5th 2011, 12:23 pm

Thanks. Big weekend. We were also on Phantom Gormet again on Saturday.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 6th 2011, 11:55 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Thanks. Big weekend. We were also on Phantom Gormet again on Saturday.

When are they going to air the episode?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 6th 2011, 12:08 pm

We were on Saturday's show. Not a new one, footage from an old episode.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 October 6th 2011, 4:26 pm

Congrats on the story Dave. You do make good wings. Some day we will have to get together so you can try mine. I make my own sauce, and have also been told they are very good. Of course I never had a story about them though. Great job.
    Skiz

Post  Skiz December 22nd 2011, 11:44 am

I'm a big fan of wings and hot stuff. The hotter the better. I recently had a service call near Wendells so I decided to test out the wings. After asking for the double dares the bartender asked me if I was sure. Always a good sign. I must say the sauce was incredibly hot. I managed just 4 wings before I tapped out. I know I entertained a couple of regulars that day. I think I surprised them.. Great menu too. My only wish was thqt the wings had a little more meat on them. Still very good. I see why they are always at the top of alot of lists.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 22nd 2011, 12:08 pm

Thanks. As far as the wing size goes, it varies greatly. We get wings delivered daily. Usually 7 cases a day (40lbs. to a case), Monday-Friday, then another 3-7 cases on Saturday (with an occasional "emergency" Sunday delivery). Though we get the wings from the same distributor every time, he gets them from a variety of suppliers, and we can get 4 or 5 different brands. It is those brands that determine the actual size. So, sometimes the wings are bigger (like 8 wings to a pound) and sometimes they're smaller (up to 11 or 12 in a pound). Personally, I feel that the wings that run about 10 to a pound are the perfect size. If they are TOO big, it's tough to get them nice and crispy/well done which is a KEY component to getting them to taste so good. In any case, glad you enjoyed them.
    Chris

Post  Chris December 22nd 2011, 12:56 pm

I still laugh when I think of Bucky having the double dares and not being able to go to work the next day.

Years ago I was at Wendell's for the summer playoffs vs Crazy Train. Bucky gave my wife and I a DD wing. I touched a piece of breading to my tongue and shotgunned a whole glass of soda. My poor wife ate half the wing and was trying to wipe it off her tongue with paper towels..Brian F saw what happened and like a good guy ran to the bar and brought us back 2 big ice waters, thank goodness because she needed them!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 3:40 pm