Dart Forum

Well if Jakesy said it, it MUST be true

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Well if Jakesy said it, it MUST be true

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 15th 2010, 3:01 pm

Rolling Eyes
    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:
    Guys on both teams are getting increasingly tired of 45 minute road games, especially when there's a league with most of the teams 5 minutes away. We've got no issues with Mark Clifford. The OLD Patriot league that we left 7 years ago is long gone. Mark turned it completely around, personally restructured the entire league, and it is much different from what we left. I'm not saying that we are definitely leaving, but I know that there are a bunch of guys who would MUCH rather play 5 minutes away than almost an hour. It's getting a little unreasonable season after season.

Jakesy:
    I'm sure there are even more people in this league that would like to see you play only 5 mins away too. Besides i hear your team is falling apart anyway. You'll need the travel excuse for leaving the league so you don't come back to A and finish out of the playoffs. We'd have to put you on a suicide watch.
    Karma's a biaatch isn't it.

So Jakesy says our squad is "falling apart" and won't even MAKE the playoffs in A division next season. Apparently his alzheimers is kicking in cause we've gone 50-11 with 3 DIVISION TITLES, TWO Championship Appearences, ONE AREA CHAMPIONSHIP, and a STATE FINALS appearance in the last 4 seasons. I was trying to go back as far as I could, but does ANYONE remember the last time we MISSED the playoffs? I seriously can't see the last time we missed the playoffs outright. (Barring Fall 2007 and Fall 2004 when we were stuck in the top division...and even Fall 2007 shouldn't count cause if you recall we forfeited our playoff spot to the Assassins cause we purposely didn't play the "make up" game giving them 4th place and us taking 5th) We are 70-17 (.805) in the PAST TEN SEASONS in the MMDL's second highest division, have NEVER finished LESS than SECOND PLACE, and have 4 division titles, 3 championship appearances, and 1 AREA CHAMPIONSHIP in that time, and now Jakesy says we won't even MAKE the playoffs this season.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Re: Well if Jakesy said it, it MUST be true

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 15th 2010, 4:13 pm

And I'm real interested in how you heard ANYTHING about my squad. We don't play in those stupid tourneys or qualifiers, or go watch matches that we are not playing in. Most of our guys hadn't even picked UP a dart until last week's first summer match, and half my team doesn't even PLAY in the Summer, so it's weird that you would "hear" that we are falling apart. Especially since Nemeskal tells me you don't even work with him anymore. In any case, a bunch of us will be at the W tonight shooting around and hopefully watching Banner 18. We were SUPPOSED to be playing tonight, but apparently the Demonators are in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP tonight so we had to postpone the game. Not that it makes a difference, since we've got NO CHANCE at beating a bunch of Super A guys anyway. Might as well just give the Demonators their THIRD straight summer championship.
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts on June 16th 2010, 8:15 am

Well Dave, if you walk away I might just have to leave Death Row. What's the point of coming back if not for the chance to beat your team!?!?!? Twisted Evil
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on June 16th 2010, 12:27 pm

We would greatly miss playing your squad. That match is always a battle. Think it's been 6-5 the last 5 or 6 times we've played. Always close and always enjoyable. We shall see in the Fall. I know there is A LOT of talk on Big E's Legends team about wanting to stay local and play in the Patriot league. My team is very much undecided at this point.
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts on June 16th 2010, 12:33 pm

It's alot of travel and, frankly, if I had to do it I probably wouldn't play. 45 minutes is a hike after a few adult beverages, and the logistics of coordinating a designated driver and everyone meeting up at the same times etc is next to impossible. I give you credit for playing in our division without complaint (even fighting to stay). Even then you're looking at a 30 minute hike most nights. If I have to go outside 15 minutes I start getting pissy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 16th 2018, 2:49 am