Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+2
Chris
EyesOfTheWorld
6 posters

Apparently this Randy Laroche guy is pretty good

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Apparently this Randy Laroche guy is pretty good Empty Apparently this Randy Laroche guy is pretty good

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 6th 2011, 11:35 am

Laroche's team has won the Super Elite Dart Master Champions division Championship FOUR seasons IN A ROW. (Two with Double Trouble, and two with Right There). His personal overall record is 144-23 which means he wins 86% of the time or roughly 6 of every 7 games he plays. His current team stands UNDEFEATED atop the S.E.D.M.C. division at 11-0. Of those 11 wins, a WHOPPING SIX of them (over HALF) were 7-1 BLOWOUTS. They are 21-1 in team cricket, and 34-10 in singles matches. That's pretty impressive. Even MORE impressive is that in those FOUR seasons, his team has only lost FOUR times EVER. They are 58-4 during that span (including playoffs). That's a staggering 94% winning percentage. His current Double Trouble team has only lost ONE SINGLE time EVER(26-1)!!! NO WONDER no teams EVER want to move up to this division! Even when teams WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP in the next level down they just plain REFUSE to move up. They know it is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to win the Championship in the upper division unless you are on Laroche's team. I would LOVE to see how these guys would do against the MMDL'rs who think they're so high and mighty. Forget the South Shore, these guys could probably give Suicide 9 a run for their money! Now, what's the chances that we beat them two weeks IN A ROW to get to the Championship? We may just have to move DOWN next year to have a chance at one of those big ass trophies! Wink
    Chris

Apparently this Randy Laroche guy is pretty good Empty Re: Apparently this Randy Laroche guy is pretty good

Post  Chris December 6th 2011, 6:53 pm

Who else is on that team? Betting it's part of the old Bad Boys team..Eric Wichierski (sp), Ed McGettigan, I forget the other names..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Apparently this Randy Laroche guy is pretty good Empty Re: Apparently this Randy Laroche guy is pretty good

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 6th 2011, 7:35 pm

• Ron Estelle
    *23-2 all time in PDL (92%). Is 9-0 in both team cricket and singles matches this season.
    >Tonight's stats: 3-0 (501/Team Cricket/301)

• Randy Laroche (C)
    *144-23 all time in PDL (86%). Is 8-0 in team cricket and 8-1 in singles this season.
    > Tonight's stats: DNP

• Jeff McLaughlin
    *115-24 all time in PDL (83%). Is 11-0 in team cricket and 9-2 in singles this season.
    >Tonight's stats: 3-0 (501/Team Cricket/301)

• Aaron Parker
    *70-33 all time (68%). Is 9-1 in team cricket.
    >Tonight's stats: (W)501/(W)Team Cricket/(L)singles cricket

• Eric Wicherski
    *53-28 all time (65%). Is 5-1 in team cricket.
    >Tonight's stats: (W)501/(W)Team Cricket/(L)Singles Cricket

As a team, they are 23-1 in team cricket. We are the ONLY team to beat them in cricket all season.

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on December 7th 2011, 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris

Post  Chris December 7th 2011, 12:59 am

Yup, Jeff and Eric I know were on the Bad Boys. Not sure about the other 2.
    kirbonics

Post  kirbonics December 8th 2011, 10:47 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Laroche's team has won the Super Elite Dart Master Champions division Championship FOUR seasons IN A ROW. (Two with Double Trouble, and two with Right There). His personal overall record is 144-23 which means he wins 86% of the time or roughly 6 of every 7 games he plays. His current team stands UNDEFEATED atop the S.E.D.M.C. division at 11-0. Of those 11 wins, a WHOPPING SIX of them (over HALF) were 7-1 BLOWOUTS. They are 21-1 in team cricket, and 34-10 in singles matches. That's pretty impressive. Even MORE impressive is that in those FOUR seasons, his team has only lost FOUR times EVER. They are 58-4 during that span (including playoffs). That's a staggering 94% winning percentage. His current Double Trouble team has only lost ONE SINGLE time EVER(26-1)!!! NO WONDER no teams EVER want to move up to this division! Even when teams WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP in the next level down they just plain REFUSE to move up. They know it is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to win the Championship in the upper division unless you are on Laroche's team. I would LOVE to see how these guys would do against the MMDL'rs who think they're so high and mighty. Forget the South Shore, these guys could probably give Suicide 9 a run for their money! Now, what's the chances that we beat them two weeks IN A ROW to get to the Championship? We may just have to move DOWN next year to have a chance at one of those big ass trophies! Wink

Ha Ha, stop all this talk will ya?? Randy and everyone on his team played MMDL for years. He is a good shot, but he had even better teams when he played MMDL..They played out of Mr. G'S for years, then the Riverside Cafe in Somerset and never won a Super A Title, never even won the Division
    ..They got to Semi-Finals once..They also has Dennis Roy who is a better shot than Randy..They had Bob Elliot who at the time was better and won the Seacoast singles title...So you guys beat them huh?? Well does the world revole around the Mucca??? I don't think so... Razz They would definatley be a playoff contender and maybe one of the top 10 teams in the state if thats what you're looking for.. I love you Cripes Dave if you really gave a crap about darts and the travel thats involved, paid a couple good shooters you could have anything you want... santa
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2011, 12:35 pm

No we didn't beat them! That's the point, NOBODY beats them. Nobody even comes close. They've only lost ONE time in two seasons. Went 12-0 this season, and in HALF of those matches, they won 7-1. Teams 2-5 are EXTREMELY close though. Matches could go either way on any given night. Somehow, I've got to figure a way to convince those guys to go BACK to the MMDL to open up this division. Wink Smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 8th 2011, 2:16 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:No we didn't beat them! That's the point, NOBODY beats them. Nobody even comes close. They've only lost ONE time in two seasons. Went 12-0 this season, and in HALF of those matches, they won 7-1. Teams 2-5 are EXTREMELY close though. Matches could go either way on any given night. Somehow, I've got to figure a way to convince those guys to go BACK to the MMDL to open up this division. Wink Smile

I have a hard time believing that a 4 man team of some of the best of the MMDL SS doesn't hand these guys their lunch. Any combination of Fred C, Bucky M, John F, Tom B, Dave W, Sean M...the list could go on and on and never include me, as i'd be lucky to beat a certain retired fossil (Thaaaaaat's right) Laughing
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2011, 2:18 pm

Maybe some of the 2-5 teams should form a super team and go after those guys..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2011, 2:28 pm

They are only 4 man teams. To form a "super" team, you'd basically need to take the best guy from teams 2-5. #1, that WOULDN'T be me, and #2, all that would do is make TWO awesome teams and make the rest of the division complete shit. Giving away my best guy doesn't solve anything. In fact, it would make things much worse. What we need to do is get RID of the one "super" team and have a division that is completely open for ANY team to win it. They used to have a rule that if you won the Championship 2 years in a row, you had to break up your team, but they got rid of that this season after Double Trouble won it's 2nd Championship in a row last Spring. Apparently the rule was changed on 8/9/11 at the Captains meeting. Was a captain's vote. Not sure how close it was, as I wasn't there due to summer darts. I guess the rest of the teams are fine with the DT dominance. Oh well. Wonder if the captains that voted to change the rule will have second thoughts if D.T. takes their THIRD Championship in a row. Including playoffs, they are 42-2 in the past 3 seasons.

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on December 8th 2011, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2011, 2:31 pm

That's just it, works good for the guys on the formed team but weakens the other teams and further divides the gap between the 2 teams and everyone else.

Under the old rule of breaking up, what was the cap on guys that could stay together..and for how long was the breakup?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2011, 2:46 pm

I don't know that answer as we are new to the league. However, I would think that with a 4 man set-up, you would only allow 2 of the 4 (or 5 guys) to stay together, and I would think that ONE season would be fine.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2011, 2:59 pm

The problem that you face by having ONE team win it over and over is that NO ONE wants to move UP from the lower division, and the teams in the higher division either want to move down or quit leaving BYES. It's the exact same problem that the MMDL faces. No one ever seems to want to move UP to Super A, and the team that comes in last can't drop down FAST enough. Since Super A has come back, I don't believe that ANY team that got forced up to Super A has stayed more than their ONE required season. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat this Double Trouble team, but it's only happened twice EVER, and NEVER in the playoffs. I just think that making a team break up for one single season after winning two in a row isn't THAT unreasonable, and it makes it more intersting for the other teams in the division knowing they have a chance every 3rd season.
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2011, 4:12 pm

Or maybe you get what I had this season..move up or move on..with a certain team that shall remain nameless.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2011, 4:29 pm

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens next Spring. If Just The Tip wins the Championship (for the second time in a row) they will HAVE to move up to Division 1 (by league rule). However, if they do not, and say the Guzzlers win (1st place in division Fall 2011 AND Spring 2011)then there is nothing that says they HAVE to move up. And why would they, considering Just The Tip didn't move up when they won the Championship last season, and All Bull didn't move up when they won the Championship in the Spring of 2010. (All Bull DID move up in the Spring of 2011 after winning their 2nd Championship in a row in the Fall of 2010 - but that was because of the league rule). We are already short a team in division 1, and I wouldn't blame Close The Fives OR the Bar Nuts for wanting to move down after only winning 3 games COMBINED all season long (and TWO of those wins came against each other). Just The Tip has also been very vocal in saying that they will NOT move up unless they win their 2nd Championship in a row and are FORCED to do so. I forsee one of two things happening. Either a) they have to bring back the 'break-up' rule to get D.T. out of the division and make the division more desirable for the lower teams, or b) they are going to have to start forcing the Champions up even if they have not won the Championship twice in a row. Otherwise, we're going to be left with a 5 or 6 team top division (in which the SAME team wins year after year).

Other than Double Trouble, this division was tight as hell this season. #2 Projectile Dysfunction split with #4 Social Assassins. #4 Social Assassins split with #5 Madmen. #3 Bulls On Parade had TWO OT matches go to the final game with #4 Social Assassins. #3 Bulls On Parade won an OT match vs #5 Madmen, and lost an OT match vs #2 Projectile Dysfunction. Any one of these teams could beat each other on any given night. The one common thread is that #1 Double Trouble smoked them all. While going undefeated on the season, they beat #2 Projectile Dysfunction 7-1 TWICE, #3 Bulls on Parade 6-2 & 5-3, and #4 Social Assassins 7-1 & 6-2. Without Double Trouble, OR with DT SPLITTING into TWO squads, this division becomes WIDE OPEN.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2011, 4:39 pm

Chris wrote:Or maybe you get what I had this season..move up or move on..with a certain team that shall remain nameless.

From what I can see, the A CHAMPION Nemesis pretty much DID move up. Though not "named" Nemesis, Dalton, Kelly, Martin, Smith, and Ernie V all moved up to Super A with Nice Splash. (Who finished in DEAD LAST, 72 points out of 1st and FORTY points out of the final playoff spot). No surprise there as that is what has happened to EVERY OTHER TEAM who ever got forced up to Super A from the A division. So, are they going to stay in Super A next season?
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2011, 5:33 pm

Not them..I refer to a foxy team out of Quincy with my comment Smile

As for the Splashers, I have not a clue. Way too much to go through before I can think in terms of that, playoffs being the biggest single thing.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 9th 2011, 12:31 am

The Fox never won a Championship. I don't blame them for not wanting to go up. Winning a division doesn't mean shit. Only the A Champion should have to move to Super A. For all the other divisions it's different. B-E are all the same. They ALL suck. Twisted Evil
    Chris

Post  Chris December 9th 2011, 12:42 am

They DOMINATED the A division back to back seasons. Spring 2011 they went 14-0-0, one win of 7-5 and the rest were 8-4 or better. They won the division by 11 points over 2nd place and 25 over 3rd.

Regardless of what anyone's opinion is of whether they should have moved up, it's laughable that the captain specifically said they want A "or lower, preferably lower..we're not that good in A".
    mark
    mark

Post  mark December 10th 2011, 10:31 am

Yeah, that experiment with division 1 didn't work well enough for the league, so it won't be back. There were no dissenting votes, by the way. Adding another 10-0 (singles) shooter was too much.

The break up rule remains in the rulebook (11.1.1.1.2). If the same team wins the playoffs in either of the two top divisions in consecutive seasons they are broken up with no more than two members able to play on the same team in the ensuing season.
    mark
    mark

Post  mark December 10th 2011, 10:42 am

I suspect DT will simply not play. That's one of the problems with a team league such as it is. I'd like to keep the caliber of player, but not at the expense of the remaining players.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 12th 2011, 12:39 pm

All they would have to do is split the team and add 3 more guys and we'd solve our BYE problem as well. Either way, whether they split, or quit, it will be good for the other 6 teams in the division. Who knows, maybe we have the match of our lifetime and beat the unstoppable juggernaut this week.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 12th 2011, 1:55 pm

mark wrote:Yeah, that experiment with division 1 didn't work well enough for the league, so it won't be back. There were no dissenting votes, by the way. Adding another 10-0 (singles) shooter was too much.

The break up rule remains in the rulebook (11.1.1.1.2). If the same team wins the playoffs in either of the two top divisions in consecutive seasons they are broken up with no more than two members able to play on the same team in the ensuing season.

My team would just be forced up not broken up right? Shocked
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 12th 2011, 2:06 pm

You have to move up, AND you lose Hubie.
    mark
    mark

Post  mark December 12th 2011, 4:35 pm

MetalRulz wrote:My team would just be forced up not broken up right? Shocked
    No team is forced up or down. The team would need to voluntarily move up or be involuntarily broken up.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 15th 2011, 1:39 pm

mark wrote:
    MetalRulz wrote:My team would just be forced up not broken up right? Shocked
    No team is forced up or down. The team would need to voluntarily move up or be involuntarily broken up.

Yeah... Sorry Mark I didn't mean that in a bad way. I would rather be told to move up than to break up is all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:24 pm