Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

5 posters

Let's get this party STARTED!

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Let's get this party STARTED! Empty Let's get this party STARTED!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 12th 2011, 9:20 pm

The 4th seed Social Assassins (6-6) travel to the #1 seed, UNDEFEATED, BACK to BACK Champion, Double Trouble (12-0) *(42-2 in last 3 seasons)* tomorrow night to start the 1st round of the playoffs. Though they beat us 7-1 and 6-2 in our two meetings this year, STRANGE things can happen ON ANY GIVEN TUESDAY!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Let's get this party STARTED! Empty Re: Let's get this party STARTED!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 14th 2011, 12:44 am

On ANY GIVEN TUESDAY....

Tonight we handed Double Trouble more losses than they've had in one match ALL SEASON, and we've got an actual MATCH on our hands!!!

Social Assassins 4
    @
    Double Trouble 4

We took the first 3. All three matches went 3 games. It must have woken them up because they SWEPT the next 4 (two straight in each one). Came down to the FINAL match of the night and Brian took out McGlaughlin in 3.

AT HOME on THURSDAY. Hopefully the place is packed and the throwing conditions absolutely SUCK. These guys don't seem to like distraction. If you BREATHE too heavy while scoring they back off the line. If somebody moves in their periphial vision, they get flustered. They're gonna love shooting at Wendell's with a packed house and two waitresses buzzing past them every 30 seconds. Not the easiest place to shoot if you don't like a lot of shit fucking with you when you're at the line. For us, it's all par for the course. Hell, I'll be bartending AND shooting at the same time! Nothing new here.

Quick question...Does "all star" points count in playoffs? If so, Nemeskal had THREE Hat Tricks, and I had a HIGH IN of 108.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 14th 2011, 9:00 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:On ANY GIVEN TUESDAY....

Tonight we handed Double Trouble more losses than they've had in one match ALL SEASON, and we've got an actual MATCH on our hands!!!

Social Assassins 4
    @
    Double Trouble 4

We took the first 3. All three matches went 3 games. It must have woken them up because they SWEPT the next 4 (two straight in each one). Came down to the FINAL match of the night and Brian took out McGlaughlin in 3.

AT HOME on THURSDAY. Hopefully the place is packed and the throwing conditions absolutely SUCK. These guys don't seem to like distraction. If you BREATHE too heavy while scoring they back off the line. If somebody moves in their periphial vision, they get flustered. They're gonna love shooting at Wendell's with a packed house and two waitresses buzzing past them every 30 seconds. Not the easiest place to shoot if you don't like a lot of shit fucking with you when you're at the line. For us, it's all par for the course. Hell, I'll be bartending AND shooting at the same time! Nothing new here.

Quick question...Does "all star" points count in playoffs? If so, Nemeskal had THREE Hat Tricks, and I had a HIGH IN of 108.

Nice job Dave!!! Good Luck on Thursday!
    mark
    mark

Post  mark December 14th 2011, 2:20 pm

PD 4 BOP 4

Everything but high in/out count in the playoffs.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 14th 2011, 3:10 pm

mark wrote:PD 4 BOP 4

Everything but high in/out count in the playoffs.

Unless Dave had hit the hatrick...then everything but what Dave hit counts in the playoffs..... Very Happy
    mark
    mark

Post  mark December 14th 2011, 3:47 pm

We don't have Dave rules. There are a couple of playoff posts in our forum from the last couple of seasons regarding this. This has always been the rule...although it's not specified in the rules in case we need to change it (soft rule).
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 14th 2011, 5:38 pm

mark wrote:We don't have Dave rules. There are a couple of playoff posts in our forum from the last couple of seasons regarding this. This has always been the rule...although it's not specified in the rules in case we need to change it (soft rule).

Joke Mark....lighten up. Gotta be a sense of humor there somewhere......
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 15th 2011, 12:52 am

I'm pretty sure he knows it's a joke. Only the MMDL has secret rules desigined to fuck me over. Razz Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 15th 2011, 1:01 am

The crazy thing is that Nemeskal had 3 Hat Tricks (2 in team cricket, and one in singles cricket) and STILL managed to lose all 4 cricket games he participated in. Just goes to show that most times, the team that has the most hat tricks is the one that has to hit a ton of bulls cause they're down so much. It's almost as if you get rewarded because you are so far behind (and obviously have much more chances at scoring a hat trick). The guys who needs 9 or 10 bulls to come from behind has a WAY better chance of scoring a hat trick than the one who has played better and only needs 3. It's probably the most useless stat there is.
    Chris

Post  Chris December 15th 2011, 2:24 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:The crazy thing is that Nemeskal had 3 Hat Tricks (2 in team cricket, and one in singles cricket) and STILL managed to lose all 4 cricket games he participated in. Just goes to show that most times, the team that has the most hat tricks is the one that has to hit a ton of bulls cause they're down so much. It's almost as if you get rewarded because you are so far behind (and obviously have much more chances at scoring a hat trick). The guys who needs 9 or 10 bulls to come from behind has a WAY better chance of scoring a hat trick than the one who has played better and only needs 3. It's probably the most useless stat there is.

Unless your name is Ray Carver, that is haha
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 15th 2011, 1:35 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:The crazy thing is that Nemeskal had 3 Hat Tricks (2 in team cricket, and one in singles cricket) and STILL managed to lose all 4 cricket games he participated in. Just goes to show that most times, the team that has the most hat tricks is the one that has to hit a ton of bulls cause they're down so much. It's almost as if you get rewarded because you are so far behind (and obviously have much more chances at scoring a hat trick). The guys who needs 9 or 10 bulls to come from behind has a WAY better chance of scoring a hat trick than the one who has played better and only needs 3. It's probably the most useless stat there is.

Let me guess... You haven't hit one yet this season?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 15th 2011, 1:38 pm

Not FUCKING ONCE! I am, however, 10-3 in team and singles cricket. Hard to hit hat tricks when you're always ahead. Wink
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 15th 2011, 1:43 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Not FUCKING ONCE! I am, however, 10-3 in team and singles cricket. Hard to hit hat tricks when you're always ahead. Wink

Looks like a doctored 10-3 stat... I'm thinking 0-3 in singles??? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil affraid
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 15th 2011, 1:55 pm

1-1 smart ass!
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 15th 2011, 2:16 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:1-1 smart ass!

As I suspected 9 wins with Bri as a partner...just sayin king lol!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 15th 2011, 3:50 pm

The telling stat is that of Brian's 4 cricket losses, THREE of them came when he DIDN'T have ME as his partner. (Two with Nemeskal and one with Kenny). Guess I'm more important of a partner than you give me credit for. We also became only the SECOND cricket team ALL SEASON to take a game vs a Double Trouble tandem. But getting back to the hat trick stat, Nemeskal leads the team with 5 yet is barely above .500 at 11-10 and Eamon is second with 3 and he's 5-9 in cricket, which furthur proves the point that a lot of hat tricks usually means bad overall records, cause they are usually attained by players who are losing, and have to hit a ton of bulls instead of just 3.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 16th 2011, 1:19 am

Not meant to be...

Double Trouble 9
    @
    Social Assassins 5

Had our chances in a number of games, but couldn't close the deal. Ron E had a Ro9 in team cricket tonight. Brian started with 2 20's, and Ron countered with 6 20's and a trip 18. In my first 4 turns I hit 3 19's, then 3 17's, then 3 16's, then 5 15's and they STILL beat us by 5 bulls. "Three in the fat" just doesn't cut it, you need to score 5 or more EVERY time when these guys are on.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 16th 2011, 1:13 pm

Just the tip - 9

Anger management - 3

Details of the match are a bit foggy. drunken drunken pirat Shocked

Mark... any word on the others from my division?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 16th 2011, 1:37 pm

Hubie came in last night and said the other team was shorthanded. How the HELL do you go SHORTHANDED, AT HOME, in the SEMI-FINALS of the PLAYOFFS, when you're only down 3-5 in a race to 9, and you only need FOUR people to show up?!?!? I mean why play at all if you are going to go short? Shorthanded pretty much means you forfeit 3 games and START your night 3-8 in a race to 9! I'd be PISSED if I was on a team that played fourteen weeks to MAKE the playoffs, then basically FORFEITED in the first round, at a HOME game no less!
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 16th 2011, 1:39 pm

Yeah they were, One guy was in NY and the other is in Australia. They weren't happy at all.
    mark
    mark

Post  mark December 16th 2011, 7:25 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 9:28 pm