Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

2 posters

Aba's shorthanded comments...

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Aba's shorthanded comments... Empty Aba's shorthanded comments...

Post  EyesOfTheWorld March 28th 2013, 11:58 pm

So there is a post on SEWER talking about shorthanded teams, ABA chimed in with this response...

"I had this issue as a director several years ago..Caleb, you may remember reading about it here.
    The team showed up for almost every road game (if not every) with 4 people..one time the capt said he could have had 5 but told the 5th guy to stay home. That touched off the powderkeg. I get that other teams wanted to play and guys might have to sit out if they're playing a short team. From a rules perspective there isn't much of anything that could be done, as long as the team showed with at least 3 players though."

Aba, what you FAIL to mention is that during THAT particular season, EVERY single team made the playoffs, so going shorthanded had absolutely NO consequences. I didn't make that rule, you guys did. I merely used YOUR rule to MY adavantage and made it easier on my squad for that retarded season. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I can't help it if I was smart enough to figure out that going with 4 guys was actually BETTER than going with 5, because you don't get stuck playing 4 extra shorthanded games that you can't win anyway, and save yourself 45 minutes off an already too long of a night. Not to mention that you were WAY off base in saying that we went short every road game. (it was probably less than HALF the road games) You would have a better argument with the amount of times that Ro9 went shorthanded last season. It was only ONE single time less than my squad, and unlike my season, their shorthandedness severely effected who made the playoffs. So if you want to talk about a team going short effecting their division, you are looking at the wrong scenario completely.

P.S. What ever happened with the Sean Moran deal? Did he go to jail? Did it get dropped? I hate juicy stories without endings.
    Chris

Aba's shorthanded comments... Empty Re: Aba's shorthanded comments...

Post  Chris April 8th 2013, 11:40 am

Well, haven't been here in a while.

Correct, all the teams made the playoffs, so it didn't affect whether you made it or not. Could it have changed the seeding? Perhaps.

For the record, I don't hate the player or the game. I also said (as you quoted), "The team showed up for almost every road game (if not every) with 4 people". That's not EVERY game. I just didn't go back and look, but my guess is if I did it would at least be 4 of 6 times.

Perhaps all the times were by design, perhaps not. I don't profess to be a mind reader..or decide if it's good or bad to do what you did. All I ever said was that after you trumpeted leaving the 5th guy home once, then it's not a shock if you arrive shorthanded again and people assume it's the same reason.

Anyways, how's Nemeskal doing? Better I hope!

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 7:10 am