Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

3 posters

Playoffs!!!

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Playoffs!!! Empty Playoffs!!!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 11th 2010, 12:46 am

Well, it all came down to the FINAL game of both the LoF vs McCrack's AND the Demons vs Predators. McCrakins won their final game (Wire vs Brian) to lose 5-6, and Demonators won their match 6-5 (after TRAILING 2-5). That turn of events had Land Of The Free jumping McCrackins via the tiebreaker, and Predators falling to 4th. Had either LoF OR the Predators won their final game of the night then the Predators would have taken 3rd. That puts the final standings at:

72 Demonators (Polish Club, Abington)
    55 Land Of The Free (Wendell's, Norton)
    55 McCrackin's (Eagles Club, Rockland)
    54 Predators (Tully's, Quincy)

So, it's #1 (Demonators) vs #4 (Predators) and #2 (Land OfThe Free) vs #3 (McCrackin's)

The question is, what's the DATES? Because we are only playing within our division this season, there is only 2 weeks of playoffs while all the other teams have 3. Since we have the extra week, I would think that we would NOT need to play on THURSDAY on Week 1 of the playoffs and go Tuesday/Tuesday as they do in the Super A's in the MMDL. That would make Round 1, Tuesday (8/17) & Tuesday (8/24) then the Championship Tuesday (8/31) & Thursday (9/2). That would #1 keep us on pace with all the other teams in the SSDA and #2 follow the same pattern that the top division in the MMDL has done for YEARS playing Tuesday/Tuesday. It will be INTERESTING to hear the ruling. We've ALREADY seen them CHANGE the rules THIS year by having the top division just play themselves. For TWO years, I have called for this when my team played in the 2nd highest division, yet got forced to play the highest division. Now that my team was actually IN the highest division, they decided to change the format and let the teams in the 2nd highest division off the hook now that we no longer in that division. Funny how that works. I don't see any reason why we SHOULDN'T be playing Tuesday/Tuesday in the first round. That's the way it has always been done in the past when we had the weeks to spare. We've got the time, why not use it? Everyone always says that BYE weeks SUCK. Well, if we play Tuesday/Thursday, it will give us a BYE week the week RIGHT BEFORE the MMDL season starts up. Who wants that? I want to head into the Fall hot off the Summer, not taking a week off.
    Jakesy

Playoffs!!! Empty Re: Playoffs!!!

Post  Jakesy August 11th 2010, 12:08 pm

Dave I was told last night it will be Tues / Tues., Tues / Thurs.

By the way, J.D. posted on SEWA that McCrakins had 2nd via tie breaker, you should check that out.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 11th 2010, 12:22 pm

Yeah I saw that. Believe me, I've already shot emails off to both JD and ABA immediately after I woke up this morning at 10:30. Cool I have received an email from JD that he was looking into it. I am assuming that we are going by the same rules that we have ALWAYS used in both the MMDL and the SSDA, which states that the FIRST tie-breaker is OVERALL division record. McCrackins went 4-6 and we finished at 6-4. That SHOULD give us the tiebreaker. However, if they decide to CHANGE the RULES, which seems to happen ALOT when my team is involved, and go with Head to Head as the first tiebreaker, then McCrackins would take 2nd. Not sure WHY the rule would mysteriously change though. I am going to hope that this was just an accidental oversite and that it is working on being corrected.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz August 11th 2010, 1:39 pm

I want to know how it is possible we are playing inter division for the playoffs? Every year we got FUCKED playing SA squads in the playoffs getting knocked off quick. Now this year we start the season in the division and we don't get to play out of it in playoffs. That's just BS. I can't wait for the PDL this season. Razz Razz
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 11th 2010, 2:05 pm

This was copied and pasted DIRECTLY from last Spring's MMDL playoff sheet. It has always been the same policy in the SSDA.

To break a tie:
    1. Win & Loss record within division.
    2. Win & Loss record against each other (total points).
    3. Add the points of the games won only.
    4. Playoff.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 11th 2010, 2:27 pm

Metal, did you expect anything LESS? For TWO SEASONS I said that the Super A's should play themselves. Not only that, but I said it in WEEK ONE of the season EVERY YEAR. And EVERY YEAR I was ignored and our team got FUCKED OVER by having to play the Super A division in the playoffs. THIS year they put us IN the Super A division, and CHANGE the RULE, so that everyone else get's let off the hook, but we get FUCKED AGAIN. Same old shit from ABA. He's a fucking puppet. Now he's trying to FUCK us out of 2nd place. Says he needs to "check the rule". Well there is NO posted rule in the SSDA captain's kits. We have always used the MMDL's playoff rule which is clearly posted on their website. So any rule that aba SAYS he's checking was never handed out to the teams. If we don't get second place it will be the MOST BLATENT FUCKING OVER that we have received to date.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 12th 2010, 10:11 am

Jakesy wrote:Dave I was told last night it will be Tues / Tues., Tues / Thurs.

By the way, J.D. posted on SEWA that McCrakins had 2nd via tie breaker, you should check that out.

All is well and everything has been corrected. LoF has 2nd and McCrackins is third. Jakesey, is the above schedule correct? I have emailed the league and no one is getting back to me. I have tried to post on the MMDL boards to get the question out there to ANYONE in the league who might know, since they are all MMDL members, but Dan D keeps locking the topics cause he says it's not MMDL business (when in reality, I think it's just because he's being a complete prick). In any case, if you hear anything definite, please let me know. Until then, I'm going to assume that we are going Tuesday / Tuesday in the first round.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 2:02 am