Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

So apparently FlyinMonkey hates the SSDA.

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

So apparently FlyinMonkey hates the SSDA.

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:25 am

Dan D, AKA Flyin Monkey from that crap site, AKA MMDL Treasurer/MMDL Boards MOD, has issues with asking questions about the SSDA on the MMDL boards...

EyesOfTheWorld Post subject: SSDA PLAYOFFSPosted: August 11th, 2010, 12:48 am

MMDL Player

Location: The Mecca Well, it all came down to the FINAL game of both the LoF vs McCrack's AND the Demons vs Predators. McCrakins won their final game (Wire vs Brian) to lose 5-6, and Demonators won their match 6-5 (after TRAILING 2-5). That turn of events had Land Of The Free jumping McCrackins via the tiebreaker, and Predators falling to 4th. Had either LoF OR the Predators won their final game of the night then the Predators would have taken 3rd. That puts the final standings at:

72 Demonators (Polish Club, Abington)
    55 Land Of The Free (Wendell's, Norton)
    55 McCrackin's (Eagles Club, Rockland)
    54 Predators (Tully's, Quincy)

So, it's #1 (Demonators) vs #4 (Predators) and #2 (Land OfThe Free) vs #3 (McCrackin's)

The question is, what's the DATES? Because we are only playing within our division this season, there is only 2 weeks of playoffs while all the other teams have 3. Since we have the extra week, I would think that we would NOT need to play on THURSDAY on Week 1 of the playoffs and go Tuesday/Tuesday as they do in the Super A's in the MMDL. That would make Round 1, Tuesday (8/17) & Tuesday (8/24) then the Championship Tuesday (8/31) & Thursday (9/2). That would #1 keep us on pace with all the other teams in the SSDA and #2 follow the same pattern that the top division in the MMDL has done for YEARS playing Tuesday/Tuesday. It will be INTERESTING to hear the ruling. We've ALREADY seen them CHANGE the rules THIS year by having the top division just play themselves. For TWO years, I have called for this when my team played in the 2nd highest division, yet got forced to play the highest division. Now that my team was actually IN the highest division, they decided to change the format and let the teams in the 2nd highest division off the hook now that we no longer in that division. Funny how that works. I don't see any reason why we SHOULDN'T be playing Tuesday/Tuesday in the first round. That's the way it has always been done in the past when we had the weeks to spare. We've got the time, why not use it? Everyone always says that BYE weeks SUCK. Well, if we play Tuesday/Thursday, it will give us a BYE week the week RIGHT BEFORE the MMDL season starts up. Who wants that? I want to head into the Fall hot off the Summer, not taking a week off.

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Re: So apparently FlyinMonkey hates the SSDA.

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:26 am

DanD Post subject: Re: SSDA PLAYOFFSPosted: August 11th, 2010, 10:50 am

Board Member

Location: Danvers, MA You should probably call or email the people that run that League? This is the MMDL forum....

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:27 am

EyesOfTheWorld Post subject: Re: SSDA PLAYOFFSPosted: August 11th, 2010, 12:05 pm
    First off, I already have. Secondly, almost 100% of the SSDA is MMDL members, and the SSDA doesn't have a message board, so this is the easiest way to talk to the league. The SSDA is pretty much the MMDL's "summer season" in this area even though they are not technically offiliated. The MMDL has no problem promoting them at the end of the Spring season giving MMDL'ers options for their Summer,and you even have a LINK to thier site ON this exact site, so why would you have an issue for us to post a question on your boards?

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:27 am

DanD Post subject: Re: SSDA PLAYOFFSPosted: August 12th, 2010, 2:02 am

Offiliated not a word? Affiliated they are not.... Nor is the C.D.L... The M.M.D.L. gives links to both sites but are not responsible for the running of either League. The S.S.D.A. and the C.D.L. are their own entities the M.M.D.L. has nothing to do with either.

When asked for specifics on the C.D.L. summer scheduling; a similar stance was taken. . . .

You want a S.S.D.A. forum talk to them.... They call it FREEFORUM.org for a reason. If they want help I am sure Adam and I will take our time to help them set it up. However, when I come to this site I am looking to give feedback on Minute Man Dart League matters. I know nothing and care nothing about the summer leagues throughout the League. there are too many to keep track of and it is not our responsibility. I play in my own Summer League and I don't bring it here?

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:28 am

DanD Post subject: Re: SSDA PLAYOFFSPosted: August 12th, 2010, 10:38 am

Board Member

I'll say it again!! This is not an S.S.D.A. Forum. If you want something from them call them or post on SEWA.

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:34 am

OK, yeah I fucked up the affiliated thing. And to be honest, I KNEW something was wrong when i read the thing, but was in a rush, and couldn't deal with it then. In any case, this guy starts deleting entire posts and threads that have anything to do with my asking a simple question to the MMDL players that happen to play in the SSDA. Which leads me to find this gem...
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:35 am

GreggT Post subject: South Shore Darting Association (SSDA) Summer League 2009Posted: April 30th, 2009, 1:04 pm

Board Member

Posts: 436 South Shore Darting Association --SSDA Summer Season begins: June 9

NOTE: Captain's meeting dates were updated on 04/30/09
    1st Capt's Meeting: Monday, May 11, Abington Polish Club, 55 Wales St, Abington MA; 7-9pm
    2nd Capt's Meeting: Monday, June 1, same time and place
    Gregg Tong
    Director of Marketing and Communications
    MMDL

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:36 am

So, naturally, I reply...

EyesOfTheWorld Post subject: Re: South Shore Darting Association (SSDA) Summer League 2009Posted: August 13th, 2010, 12:38 am

Am I allowed to post on this thread? Did some policy CHANGE that I wasn't aware of? If I had a question about the 2009 SSDA it would be fine, but since it's 2010, no can do? Seriously, what is the issue to ask a simple scheduling question to the league to see if anyone knows?

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:43 am

Apparently last year, nobody had a single issue with SSDA posts being put on the MMDL boards, but apparently THIS year, the Monkey DOES. Now all of a sudden the Monkey wants all SSDA info to go through that 'other site'. The site that for some reason directs you to the fbi site every once in a while, or gets 'blocked' because of a virus warning sometimes. Sorry, i just don't feel safe going there.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:55 am

And while I'm at it, i'd like to add this little diddy, BEFORE it gets deleted on the MMDL boards...

DanD Post subject: Re: How's it looking so far?Posted: August 12th, 2010, 1:40 am
    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:
    "I could care less how many players show up. As long as they have 3, like the rules clearly state, and the match is totally legal, why would I even CARE how many players the other team has. And for the record, I actually PREFER the other team to show up short. Free wins and 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 2 matches just mean that we climb higher and higher in the standings. We played 3 teams who were short this Summer season. Finished in 2nd place. Might have MISSED the playoffs had they come with full teams, so THANKS!!!"

I agree with Chris!! Something for nothing!! It's one thing to play by the rules and another to be a good sportsman? Some of us actually hold ourselves to a higher standard than others, whether we win or lose. When you are at the bottom looking up your supposed to put your best foot forward and try to upset the teams that are perceived to be better, not give up before the season even starts like a bunch of cowards..... When you are at the top looking down you should be respectful of those that strive to be where you are. It is doubtful to me that you have ever done either...

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on August 13th 2010, 1:56 am

"It's one thing to play by the rules and another to be a good sportsman?"
    -Is this a question?

"your supposed to put your best foot forward"
    -did you mean to say "you're"?

This is pretty ironic coming from a guy who likes to criticize grammar mistakes, wouldn't you say?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content