Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

Where's the OUTRAGE???

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Where's the OUTRAGE???

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on September 29th 2010, 12:27 pm

Well, well, well...So the Assassins showed with JUST FOUR guys last night vs Makin Treble. The Assassins who are in dead last, 0-4, and who have a TOTAL of 7 points through the first MONTH of the season. They show with JUST FOUR players ON THE ROAD vs the BEST SA team on the South Shore, and NO ONE is completely bashing them??? That's really WEIRD, cause MY team took a BOATLOAD of SHIT for doing the EXACT SAME THING last season. The only DIFFERENCE was that in OUR case, it really didn't matter cause EVERY team made the playoffs that season. I seem to recall even a few of the ASSASSINS giving us grief last Spring and saying that THEY would NEVER go SHORT in the Super A. Funny how things change when it involves different teams. The Assassins are currently THIRTY-FOUR POINTS out of 1st, and 14 points out of 4th, and it's ONLY WEEK 4!!! TEN MORE LONG GRUELING WEEKS to go. Their last 3 weeks have been 0-12, 0-12, and 2-10 (at least MY team NEVER got shut-out...They have been shut-out TWICE in the FIRST FOUR WEEKS!) As the season wears on, and the weather gets shittier and shittier, I forsee a few more shorthanded road games for the last place team that will be 100 points out of first by the halfway point. Hope you guys are enjoying your "learning experience" Wicked fun isn't it? I mean, it's not as fun as playing in the SS-A-1 division where the top 6 teams are all within a point or two of 1st place, but fun nonetheless. Look on the BRIGHT SIDE, there's LESS than THREE MONTHS left in the season, and the Spring is just 6 months away! Maybe you should add Rick C or Steve O. Sounds like they are DYING to play, or is it they just want to play DOWN in A??? I'm sure the AD would have NO PROBLEM in allowing a couple of Super A guys who WANT to play this Fall join a SUPER A team where they belong. Maybe then you won't go short.

Jakesy

Re: Where's the OUTRAGE???

Post  Jakesy on October 3rd 2010, 4:16 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Well, well, well...So the Assassins showed with JUST FOUR guys last night vs Makin Treble. The Assassins who are in dead last, 0-4, and who have a TOTAL of 7 points through the first MONTH of the season. They show with JUST FOUR players ON THE ROAD vs the BEST SA team on the South Shore, and NO ONE is completely bashing them??? That's really WEIRD, cause MY team took a BOATLOAD of SHIT for doing the EXACT SAME THING last season. The only DIFFERENCE was that in OUR case, it really didn't matter cause EVERY team made the playoffs that season. I seem to recall even a few of the ASSASSINS giving us grief last Spring and saying that THEY would NEVER go SHORT in the Super A. Funny how things change when it involves different teams. The Assassins are currently THIRTY-FOUR POINTS out of 1st, and 14 points out of 4th, and it's ONLY WEEK 4!!! TEN MORE LONG GRUELING WEEKS to go. Their last 3 weeks have been 0-12, 0-12, and 2-10 (at least MY team NEVER got shut-out...They have been shut-out TWICE in the FIRST FOUR WEEKS!) As the season wears on, and the weather gets shittier and shittier, I forsee a few more shorthanded road games for the last place team that will be 100 points out of first by the halfway point. Hope you guys are enjoying your "learning experience" Wicked fun isn't it? I mean, it's not as fun as playing in the SS-A-1 division where the top 6 teams are all within a point or two of 1st place, but fun nonetheless. Look on the BRIGHT SIDE, there's LESS than THREE MONTHS left in the season, and the Spring is just 6 months away! Maybe you should add Rick C or Steve O. Sounds like they are DYING to play, or is it they just want to play DOWN in A??? I'm sure the AD would have NO PROBLEM in allowing a couple of Super A guys who WANT to play this Fall join a SUPER A team where they belong. Maybe then you won't go short.

He he he, They're not getting any shit because your not on the team Dave. Laughing Laughing I think the only Assassin that gave you shit was me but I'm not one anymore. What i can't believe is that from the get go they chose to only carry 7 with Johnny Murrin only shooting two weeks a month. Steve-O and Rik Kelly are both on M.T.'s roster. Vindication must suck for you. I know how you hate to say I told you so. I hope they're short handed for our match in 2 weeks we'd welcome some free points but something tells me shooting against me will be cause enough for a good turn out. Laughing Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on October 4th 2010, 10:47 am

Actually, 'electroman' aka Kevin S, gave us some shit on the boards last season as well. For the record, I personally don't have a problem with them going short or carrying just 7. I just love the fact that NOBODY has said SHIT about this, when LAST season we had the fucking WORLD all over us for the EXACT SAME THING! In fact, it was the CATALYST for Screwadarts to be born. One of our shorthanded games last season led to Derek shooting his big fucking mouth off about disrespect and a bunch of bullshit which led to my telling him to go fuck himself, which led to my 'banishment' from Sewa for DARING to stand up to a 'moderator'. That's why THIS site has NO MODERATORS. I don't need a bunch of faggots thinking that they are higher than they really are (like the Sewa assholes, I mean mods). We've got ME, and that's all we really need. You start handing out stupid titles and you got the likes of ABA and Chitown thinking that they're something special, when in actuality, nobody really respects them cause of their pussy moderator duties. Maybe the Assassins don't carry more than 7 cause they KNOW that they have NO CHANCE IN HELL, and are COMPLETELY WASTING THEIR TIME this season stuck in the HELL that is called Super A. It doesn't take THAT long to figure it out. I'm SOOOO hapy to be in the COMPETITIVE A division where EVERYONE has a chance to win and the standings from top to bottom are separated by 11 points. The top 6 are separated by eight points. Teams 5-8 are ALL within 5 points OR LESS of the FINAL playoff spot. The top 3 teams are spearated by 3 points. NOW THAT is a FUN DIVISION!

Chris

Post  Chris on October 4th 2010, 4:03 pm

In fairness Dave, you caught shit for being shorthanded not because of the actual fact that it happened, but because you said something about having 5 but telling the 5th to stay home and not bother playing..and because it happened almost every time you played away if not every time.

Shorthanded sucks for both teams most of the time..guys that are on the shorthanded team pretty much have little chance to do as well as they could as a team with a full team. Those on the full team playing the shorthanded team see a drop or maybe zero playing time depending how the lineup shakes out.

Top of my head the Assassins have 8 because Jakesy left..Not sure if all 8 have played yet or not, it is possible that someone is just a last resort or fill in I have no idea.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on October 4th 2010, 5:40 pm

That happened ONCE....and I STILL think it's the right call. There is no reason in hell to play a best 2 out of 3 match with just ONE guy in the Super A division. It CAN'T be WON. If TWO SUPER A guys can't beat ONE guy, then they shouldn't be in Super A to begin with. It's a TOTAL WASTE to even play the games. Just prolongs the night. After that situation we were "informed" however, that the RULES do not apply in Super A and you could do whatever you want. Guys were allowed to play two crickets or two 501's. I couldn't believe it because that would NEVER, EVER fly in the lower divisions. That being said, if the MMDL went to a 4 man format like the PDL does, you would probably NEVER see a team go short. You'd also see the division be MUCH more competitive cause you couldn't "stack" the team as easily. No Super A guy would want to be the 6th man on the team. All the Super A teams could have at least 4 Super A guys each on EVERY team rather than 2 or 3 teams with virtually all the talent. Point is, I've got a feeling that this isn't the LAST time we see the Assassins go short this season. Who knows? Maybe they will prove me wrong, but I've seen this before. Last 6 or 7 weeks in the season, playing far away (though the Assassins have FAR LESS travel than we did), crappy weather, absolutely no chance to make the playoffs, and knowing that you'll probably lose 1-11 no matter HOW you shoot. Really hurts team morale. I don't envy them, that's for sure.

Chris

Post  Chris on October 5th 2010, 9:05 am

I dunno about the less travel part..there are teams closer to them then there were for you guys sure, but the Plymouth and Wareham trips are a haul. The Plymouth bar is 40 minutes with traffic from my house and I'm in East Bridgewater so I'm betting it's an hour for them.

Point I'm trying to make is that it was when you said that about leaving the guy home that you got jumped on..and in fairness I think people assumed that to be the case thereafter, only your team knows if that was the case all the time..not my battle to fight. By the rules you must show up with 3 players..clearly you did that each time. If I sit there and figure out every shorthanded match what the motive was for it I'll never get to do anything else, so far as I'm concerned it's done and over with.

Chris

Post  Chris on October 5th 2010, 9:08 am

I've heard the 4-6 man format for SA before and my opinion is I'll fight for whatever the teams on the South want regardless of my personal feelings..but let me throw this by you, you're actually a good example.

OK, last fall you guys won A and had to move up with a 9 man team in the fall. I know you lost guys but bear with me here..let's say sake of argument that all 9 wanted to come back then..or if this fall with your 9 man team all 9 want to come back and you win it all in A. Now you have the league saying "you are required to move up..and BTW you have to pare down to a 6 man roster". Now what? Not arguing just that this is the dilemma I see for teams moving up.

kirbonics

Post  kirbonics on October 5th 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey Dave, How ya been??? really miss the fun times with all the ragging on each other... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on October 5th 2010, 5:56 pm

Good Times Kirb...Good Times!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on October 5th 2010, 6:58 pm

ABA, who are you kidding? Nobody moves up anyway. My team was the only South Shore Area champion that has moved up in YEARS. What happened to LAST season's AREA winner AND STATE FINALIST Stealth? I'll tell you what happened, THREE people went to Super A. THAT'S IT! That's practically an ENTIRE TEAM in a 4-6 person format. What happened to the rest? Well, two got to STAY in A, two got to DROP TO C, and one got to DROP TO D!!! From a STATE A FINAL to the C and D division the next season??? Come on! You mean to tell me that Dalton, Laracy, Shephard, McGovern, and Vintzileos couldn't have moved up to Super A together? That's practically the entire Stealth team. Point is, NOBODY moves up. They "break up" to take the season off, and all the members of a STATE FINALIST team still seem to play the next season, just not in the higher level. At least Dalton, Laracy, and Shephard went UP like they SHOULD have. The others who got to STAY in A, or even move DOWN TWO, or in one case THREE levels isn't right. Especially when teams that shouldn't have to move up actually do (like We R S-faced and the Assassins). You say that the Assassins "volunteered". I say it's not volunteering if you are going to get bumped up anyways. Who ELSE was going to go? What other choice was there? I already told you BEFORE the captains meeting that we were definitely NOT going so what other choice was there? If it was 4-6 man rosters, then I'm SURE that you could find FOUR players from the Area CHAMPION who would be willing to move up.

Chris

Post  Chris on October 8th 2010, 4:05 pm

I won't post the player's history here, but the person playing D had some SERIOUS issues last season of a personal nature. That person barely played all season except maybe the first 2-3 weeks, I'd have to look to be certain...fact of the matter is they didn't play the vast majority of the season and unless I am misinformed not in any playoff matches either.

Suzy is playing C with one other guy with league experience, Tim the captain. From what I hear she had been refused on at least 1 Super A level team.

Ernie and Leo went to the remnants of a last place A team.

Dalton, Laracy, Shep are in SA.

Kenny Lincoln isn't playing.

I know we talked before the capt's meeting..remember, I told you no matter what your team as the last place team was not going to be placed there again this season. It's not even like you went and added 3-4 guys from Makin Treble or something either, you returned the same team to a man I believe.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 16th 2018, 2:46 am