Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+2
JustTheFacts
BUCKY
6 posters

WEEK CINCO

BUCKY
    BUCKY

WEEK CINCO Empty WEEK CINCO

Post  BUCKY October 6th 2010, 7:24 am

Guess What 6
    vs
    Somethintrip'd 5

Last edited by BUCKY on October 11th 2010, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

WEEK CINCO Empty Re: WEEK CINCO

Post  JustTheFacts October 6th 2010, 10:16 am

Death Row 6

Whatever that team out of the hole in the wall in Abington know as the Clownhouse or some shit calls themselves 5

not sure what to say about this one. it was a decent night, ok darts. We split the 601's, and then lost 2 outa 3 in cricket. so taking 4 out of in 301 was not a bad end result, but i really think we screwed the pooch a little in the cricket games.
    Chris

Post  Chris October 6th 2010, 11:24 am

Phantoms 4
    Ye Ole Ladies 7

Terrible start, got dominated losing the first 6 games..really only had a chance in 1 of them. Thank God for 301.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 6th 2010, 11:54 am

Back to back road games means back to back no Nemeskal which translates to back to back 4-7 losses. Good news is that we are home next week, and he says he's in for that one. Tim is SUPPOSED to be our ALT and he's played 4 out of 5 weeks so far as well as ALL the AWAY games. Thankfully, he's kept us from going short, unfortuantely his 5-7 record overall doesn't quite live up to Nemeskal's 8-1. In just 5 weeks, I have 7 guys that have missed a combined 13 matches. Only me and Nellie have made them all. Thank god I have a 9-man roster this fall. We've played with just 6 for 4 out of 5 matches.

The A-Team 2 4
    @
    Bimbo's 7

SS-A1 Standings thru week 5:

28+WK5 Nemesis
    31 Death Row
    29 The A-Team 2
    28 Bimbos
    27 Guess What
    22+WK5 No Chance
    23 Tons Of Fun
    21 Somethintripped

At least we don't have to worry about going to Super A next season. tongue
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 6th 2010, 12:31 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:At least we don't have to worry about going to Super A next season. tongue

as long as you don't make states again Dave.... Shocked
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 October 6th 2010, 12:40 pm

[b]OK Dave, here's your chance to jump all over a real S.A. team. I figure what's fair is fair. We traveled to Manomet last night, with only 5 players. Thaaaaaat's right, Makin Treble played short handed last night. Didn't like it one bit, but nothing I could do about it. We did have people who couldn't show up with legitimate reasons, with Finnegan on his honeymoon, and Rick Kelley out due to a death in the family. As for the other 2, I heard it was due to working late.
    But, after all was said and done, we still emerged with a 9-3 victory, so not a bad night after all. Kirby's team is a very good team, but just couldn't hit the big darts when needed, while it seemed as though we couldn't miss. Great time last night though.

Note to self: never try to lean on a chair that has wheels. Trust me, it just doesn't work. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 6th 2010, 12:46 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:
    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:At least we don't have to worry about going to Super A next season. tongue

as long as you don't make states again Dave.... Shocked

The way we've been shooting, we'll be LUCKY to make PLAYOFFS, nevemind STATES! We've got to get our heads out of our ass, and get the whole team on board and start focusing. It's been a real bad couple of weeks. Hopefully some home cooking next week will turn us around.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 6th 2010, 12:49 pm

Chitown599 wrote:[b]OK Dave, here's your chance to jump all over a real S.A. team. I figure what's fair is fair. We traveled to Manomet last night, with only 5 players. Thaaaaaat's right, Makin Treble played short handed last night. Didn't like it one bit, but nothing I could do about it. We did have people who couldn't show up with legitimate reasons, with Finnegan on his honeymoon, and Rick Kelley out due to a death in the family. As for the other 2, I heard it was due to working late.
    But, after all was said and done, we still emerged with a 9-3 victory, so not a bad night after all. Kirby's team is a very good team, but just couldn't hit the big darts when needed, while it seemed as though we couldn't miss. Great time last night though.

Note to self: never try to lean on a chair that has wheels. Trust me, it just doesn't work. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd LOVE to go SHORTHANDED and win 9 games! You guys should do that every week! Smile
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 October 6th 2010, 1:00 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:[b]OK Dave, here's your chance to jump all over a real S.A. team. I figure what's fair is fair. We traveled to Manomet last night, with only 5 players. Thaaaaaat's right, Makin Treble played short handed last night. Didn't like it one bit, but nothing I could do about it. We did have people who couldn't show up with legitimate reasons, with Finnegan on his honeymoon, and Rick Kelley out due to a death in the family. As for the other 2, I heard it was due to working late.

I'd LOVE to go SHORTHANDED and win 9 games! You guys should do that every week! Smile

No, it's no fun playing shorthanded for either team. I'm glad we won, but not glad we played short handed.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 6th 2010, 1:14 pm

It's fun for US when the opposing team is short. It's way better to get a win via a forfeit or a 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 2 than to take a loss. I'd rather take a forfeit and NOT PLAY than play and lose. I also seem to play AWESOME when playing a shorthanded team. For some reason, my darts really get elevated when I'm playing someone 2 vs 1. Maybe it's because there's tons of pressure taken off cause you know you have 6 darts to their 3, maybe it's because a guy playing by himself vs 2 people tends to quit, either way, for some odd reason, I shoot my best darts against either a short team or vs a much weaker player. I'm not one of those guys who plays down to the competition. In fact, I'm just the OPPOSITE, I play WAY better against a player who is crappy. I don't know why.
    Chris

Post  Chris October 6th 2010, 1:41 pm

A win is a win and it's always better than a loss, but I'd much rather play someone at full strength for it. That said it's up to my team to show up with enough players, not to worry about or feel sorry for the other team if they cannot do the same.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 October 6th 2010, 2:07 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:It's fun for US when the opposing team is short. It's way better to get a win via a forfeit or a 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 2 than to take a loss. I'd rather take a forfeit and NOT PLAY than play and lose. I also seem to play AWESOME when playing a shorthanded team. For some reason, my darts really get elevated when I'm playing someone 2 vs 1. Maybe it's because there's tons of pressure taken off cause you know you have 6 darts to their 3, maybe it's because a guy playing by himself vs 2 people tends to quit, either way, for some odd reason, I shoot my best darts against either a short team or vs a much weaker player. I'm not one of those guys who plays down to the competition. In fact, I'm just the OPPOSITE, I play WAY better against a player who is crappy. I don't know why.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that I don't quit when playing against 2 players, and I have a 7-0 record to prove it. I give it my best no matter what the circumstances are.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 October 6th 2010, 2:07 pm

Chris wrote:A win is a win and it's always better than a loss, but I'd much rather play someone at full strength for it. That said it's up to my team to show up with enough players, not to worry about or feel sorry for the other team if they cannot do the same.

Agreed 100%.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 6th 2010, 2:14 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:It's fun for US when the opposing team is short. It's way better to get a win via a forfeit or a 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 2 than to take a loss. I'd rather take a forfeit and NOT PLAY than play and lose. I also seem to play AWESOME when playing a shorthanded team. For some reason, my darts really get elevated when I'm playing someone 2 vs 1. Maybe it's because there's tons of pressure taken off cause you know you have 6 darts to their 3, maybe it's because a guy playing by himself vs 2 people tends to quit, either way, for some odd reason, I shoot my best darts against either a short team or vs a much weaker player. I'm not one of those guys who plays down to the competition. In fact, I'm just the OPPOSITE, I play WAY better against a player who is crappy. I don't know why.

This is some of the funniest shit i've ever read.

Dave, you are an asshole, but you are funny man. sadly, i don't think you're trying to be.

"I play WAY better against a player who is crappy". can't wait to tell B-RoD this later. Shocked Throw yourself against me next time we play...i'll be watching you shoot, and when you hit a T20 i'm throwing my darts down and walking out. since it will also be the first time you've hit a T20 this will clearly mean that i am the crappiest. I wouldn't want to hang around to see the T60 finish that proves i am the worst of all time. Twisted Evil
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 6th 2010, 2:26 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:

Dave, you are an asshole, but you are funny man. sadly, i don't think you're trying to be.

"I play WAY better against a player who is crappy". can't wait to tell B-RoD this later. Shocked Throw yourself against me next time we play...i'll be watching you shoot, and when you hit a T20 i'm throwing my darts down and walking out. since it will also be the first time you've hit a T20 this will clearly mean that i am the crappiest. I wouldn't want to hang around to see the T60 finish that proves i am the worst of all time. Twisted Evil

You're too good to play against me. I'm not trying to be an asshole, just stating a fact. I actually DO tend to shoot better vs a weaker opponent as opposed to a stronger opponent. Gotta be a confidence thing. I LOVE when my opponent takes 4 or 5 rounds to get in, then hits 26's all the way down. I prefer to be up 150+ so that I can have 10 or 12 chances at the out. I almost ALWAYS win in that situation. And I swear, when we play a 2 vs 1 cricket, my darts are lights out. That's why we are putting in for D league next year. Laughing
    Drtr

Post  Drtr October 6th 2010, 2:29 pm

Round of Nine 7

Smokin Barrells 4

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 6th 2010, 2:35 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

You're too good to play against me. I'm not trying to be an asshole, just stating a fact. I actually DO tend to shoot better vs a weaker opponent as opposed to a stronger opponent. Gotta be a confidence thing. I LOVE when my opponent takes 4 or 5 rounds to get in, then hits 26's all the way down. I prefer to be up 150+ so that I can have 10 or 12 chances at the out. I almost ALWAYS win in that situation. And I swear, when we play a 2 vs 1 cricket, my darts are lights out. That's why we are putting in for D league next year. Laughing

you need to fucking stop...i'm going to get fired if i keep rolling on the fucking floor!!! Laughing Laughing "I almost ALWAYS win in that situation" that is priceless. OMG i think i hurt something Shocked
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 6th 2010, 2:38 pm

What? I said ALMOST.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 6th 2010, 3:03 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:What? I said ALMOST.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Stop Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing please stop Laughing Laughing

too much Dave.

But seriously..you do make a good point about confidence. That is the key at every level i am convinced.

Why can we throw a 9 dart game with the pressure off, either practice...or against someone you know to be a weaker opponent? Pressure. But, then there is the "playing up to your competition". We will do this on occasion as well. Having said that...I'm not "playing up" to Frank Smith or Fred Conley or Finnegan on dart night... maybe for one game, but not consistently. So i think you still need to at least be in the ballpark talent wise.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 18th 2024, 11:56 pm