Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

5 posters

Week 7 MMDL Scores

BUCKY
    BUCKY

Week 7 MMDL Scores Empty Week 7 MMDL Scores

Post  BUCKY October 18th 2010, 12:54 pm

Well it's off to the Mecca tomorrow night.
    It will be fun to play Dave's team again.
    It's been a while. Very Happy
    kirbonics

Week 7 MMDL Scores Empty Re: Week 7 MMDL Scores

Post  kirbonics October 18th 2010, 1:23 pm

Looking forward to our match with POD tommorow night at Monte Christo's..I'll have 9 guys for the first time providing everyone's heathly..Been a lot of sickness lately..This match even though there are 8 weeks left after it will put a pretty good handle on who should be who between our 2 teams..First match we came from behind to take a 7-5 victory at the P.C., so this could be a real barnburner from start to finish..
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 19th 2010, 8:20 am

At home at Shooters tonight against No Chance out of O'Tooles in Whitman. Hope to finish off the 1st half strong. These 6-5's seem to be an epidemic in SSA1 this season!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 19th 2010, 11:51 am

Matt, I couldn't agree with you more.
    Tight division.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 19th 2010, 11:02 pm

In the SS A 6-5 division....

Guess What 5
    @
    The A-Team 2 6

Did you expect anything different?
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 20th 2010, 7:58 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:In the SS A 6-5 division....

Guess What 5
    @
    The A-Team 2 6

Did you expect anything different?

UM YEAH...
    6-5 Us Very Happy
    kirbonics

Post  kirbonics October 20th 2010, 8:17 am

6-6 aganist POD..Thats 2 6-6's in back to back weeks.. Laughing Great match. Welcome back Talbo!! 3-0 ..Jakesy that was one hell of a match..Not certain but I believe any match that was 2 of 3 went the distance..At one point it was 4-4 3rd game and both shooters had the same score remaining.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Good time..
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 20th 2010, 8:43 am

Death Row 10

No Chance Joe...ummm I mean 1

I am going to steal a page from Frank and say this match was WAY closer than the score indicated. a lot of 301's that came down to both shooters having a chance in the 3rd game.

They showed up shorthanded with 5, but did have a player coming late. The played the 2nd 601 short...and frankly should have won. They got on right away, and hit a ton just about every turn. We struggled to get in, and hit lackluster numbers. We turned it on a bit at the end, and had 6 darts to take out 56 with them sitting on 40. Only needed 3 as Don took it out.

Scott and I delayed the start of the 3rd cricket so that their late shooter had some time to make it. Don squeaked out a 3rd game 301 win to give us a 5-0 lead at that point. On to the 3rd cricket since their shooter showed halfway through Don's match. Scott and I finally put a cricket game together and we took a 6-0 lead. Then myself, Scott, Brian and Chris won our 301's to make it 10-0. Joe....well...ummmm Shocked another tough match, and this one they closed out.

I wish i could say that I looked forward to going to my old home bar O'Tooles in week 14...but i really can't stand that setup. I thought the Wendells was bad! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil People walking right next to you as you shoot while they head to the bar, jukebox or bathroom. I was actually bumped at the line more than once the last time we shot there. Not my favorite place.
    Chris

Post  Chris October 20th 2010, 10:05 am

Phantoms 7-4 over SS Nightmare. I was getting my ears destroyed by Clutch and Black Label Society but I known we were up 6-2 and lost 2 of the last 3.

Matt, when we both shot at O'Toole's the board was over near the kitchen, much better spot b/c you were in your own little corner. I never could get used to the way they have it there now.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 20th 2010, 11:17 am

JustTheFacts wrote:Death Row 10

I am going to steal a page from Frank and say this match was WAY closer than the score indicated. a lot of 301's that came down to both shooters having a chance in the 3rd game.

They showed up shorthanded with 5, but did have a player coming late. The played the 2nd 601 short...and frankly should have won. They got on right away, and hit a ton just about every turn. We struggled to get in, and hit lackluster numbers. We turned it on a bit at the end, and had 6 darts to take out 56 with them sitting on 40. Only needed 3 as Don took it out.

Scott and I delayed the start of the 3rd cricket so that their late shooter had some time to make it. Don squeaked out a 3rd game 301 win to give us a 5-0 lead at that point. On to the 3rd cricket since their shooter showed halfway through Don's match. Scott and I finally put a cricket game together and we took a 6-0 lead. Then myself, Scott, Brian and Chris won our 301's to make it 10-0. Joe....well...ummmm Shocked another tough match, and this one they closed out.

I wish i could say that I looked forward to going to my old home bar O'Tooles in week 14...but i really can't stand that setup. I thought the Wendells was bad! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil People walking right next to you as you shoot while they head to the bar, jukebox or bathroom. I was actually bumped at the line more than once the last time we shot there. Not my favorite place.

10-1....UH-OH!!! Someone's going to SUPER A! affraid
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 20th 2010, 12:08 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:Death Row 10

10-1....UH-OH!!! Someone's going to SUPER A! affraid

yeah...Nemesis is going to hate doing that again. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 20th 2010, 12:34 pm

It will be interesting to see how we stack up in the playoffs. I've said for a while, if everyone on the team is firing the way they can, we are tough to beat. Almost every team we play against in this division has a player who, if both players shoot to the best of their ability, can beat our "best" player. The difference this season is depth. If you beat Joe, the next guy has Scotty, or Joe, or Chris, or Me. Really interchangeable for the most part. We had a couple of guys on the squad the last few seasons that were admittedly fill-in players. When they "retired" from darts, and then we added Don, Death Row got a boost.

Last night we weren't quite firing on all cylinders, but it was close. Kinda weird though with the Assasins out of the mix. The difference in the past was always the 8-3 or 9-2 ass woopins that The A-Team or Assasins would put on the rest of the division. That doesn't seem to be the case this year. I'd be interested to know how many weeks your top guys have missed Dave. Do you think you've been able to put your best team out there, or is that yet to come?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 20th 2010, 1:28 pm

We're just really off for some reason. EVERY week we seem to absoultely THROW AWAY at least 1 or 2 games that we have HUGE leads in. We have literally GIVEN away at least 10 points this season. Brian missed our match vs Nemesis (which we lost 5-6). If he's there, a guarentee 6-5 for us at least, if not better. Nemeskal missed 2 VERY BIG matches on the road in a row vs the Bimbos & Death Row (two 4-7 losses), then shot like shit the next game back cause he hadn't played in 3 weeks. You can't go without even picking your darts up in almost a MONTH to stepping right into an 'A' match and expect to cruise, ESPECIALLY when you arrive at 8:15. Another thing that has been killing us is our crickets. Aside from me and Brian who are 6-0 together, the other two teams seem to struggle no matter who I put together. I have tried 10 different combos, but none seem to work. The rest of the team is a combined 10-19 in cricket, and we're BLOWING huge leads. Last night Eamon & Ken were up FIVE bulls PLUS 18's AND 16's and LOST with Ken going 0-9 in his last 3 turns going for both bulls AND points. Nemeskal hit ONE SINGLE 20 in his first 10 darts thrown in his cricket. Just TERRIBLE mistakes. Ken, Eamon, Nellie, and Nemeskal are a combined 6-16 in cricket and all 4 have played with different combinations of players. It's totally not like us. The good news is that we enter the halfway point SAFELY in 4th place, KNOWING we totally SUCKED the first half. Things can only get better, and this is the time we really need to step up. Having our full squad playing in the second half should really help us. We just need to get back to our roots of crushing the lower teams and eeking out 6-5/5-6's against the top squads. Hoping for a big win next week. Maybe they will be short. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 1:41 am