Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+2
EyesOfTheWorld
JustTheFacts
6 posters

Week 8 - Time to start the 2nd half!!

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Week 8 - Time to start the 2nd half!! Empty Week 8 - Time to start the 2nd half!!

Post  JustTheFacts October 26th 2010, 11:18 am

Death Row at Nemesis tonight. Looking to avenge our only loss of the season. COME ON!!!!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Week 8 - Time to start the 2nd half!! Empty Re: Week 8 - Time to start the 2nd half!!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 26th 2010, 11:33 am

The BATTLE for SUPER A! affraid
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Week 8 - Time to start the 2nd half!! Empty Re: Week 8 - Time to start the 2nd half!!

Post  JustTheFacts October 26th 2010, 11:51 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing possibly...
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 26th 2010, 11:55 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:The BATTLE for SUPER A! affraid

in all seriousness, i think we could make that move and be somewhat competetive as we are now. there are some Super A players that could potentially come on board. would we be a makin treble...no...but there's at least one player, who shares the last name with our captain, who could come on board and help. but yeah...we'd be thrown to the wolves. and the question would be, do we add a player or 2 so we can compete for 5th, or do we stay as comprised and finish last and move back down?

time will tell. but we will do everything we can to win the division. period.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 26th 2010, 12:30 pm

Good Luck tonight Matt.
    Tell the crew I said Hi.
    Now...COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz October 26th 2010, 1:00 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:

in all seriousness, i think we could make that move and be somewhat competetive as we are now. there are some Super A players that could potentially come on board. would we be a makin treble...no...but there's at least one player, who shares the last name with our captain, who could come on board and help. but yeah...we'd be thrown to the wolves. and the question would be, do we add a player or 2 so we can compete for 5th, or do we stay as comprised and finish last and move back down?

I thought i read some were scott said he won't go to SA? I would hate to think he would break up the team.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 26th 2010, 2:07 pm

MetalRulz wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

I thought i read some were scott said he won't go to SA? I would hate to think he would break up the team.

would be shocked to see Scott having ever said that, but you never know. i know he has said he doesn't like the SA drama. but we've talked about it as a team, and i don't think anyone has a problem with it. Personally, i've never shot at that level, and would like to try a season at it.

but break up the team? don't bet on it. Death for Life baby!!!! Cool
    Chris

Post  Chris October 26th 2010, 2:56 pm

Phantoms at home vs Strange Crew. Tough team, they are leading our division but we eked out a 6-5 last time. Really need at least that with the division we are in, less than 10 points between 1st and 7th.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 26th 2010, 11:24 pm

"Personally, i've never shot at that level, and would like to try a season at it."

-Be careful what you wish for.

The A Team 2 7
    @
    Somethintripped 4

As we were walking out the door at 10:25, the Seadogs/Fupa Super A game was just on their SECOND singles match. Don't miss THAT at ALL!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 27th 2010, 7:58 am

THAT'S IT..............
    I AM DONE!
    TIME TO MOVE ON!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 8:29 am

BUCKY wrote:THAT'S IT..............
    I AM DONE!
    TIME TO MOVE ON!

What happened Bucky?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 8:39 am

Death Row 6

Nemesis 5

Back to the 6-5 battles. This was a hard fought match all night. We went into the singles matches up 3-2, and split the 301's. I was lucky to take 2 out of 3 with a cricket and 301 win and a 601 loss. Really fortunate in my 301 against Ed Lyons. Neck and Neck the whole way. I squeeked out a win in the first game, taking out a little 32 with Ed sitting on 40. Had some double trouble getting on in the second game and could not catch up to Ed averaging 60+ per turn. The 3rd game saw Ed get down to 35 left with me sitting on 69. Ed hit the S19 first dart, and wired the outside of the D8 with the next 2. I hit T45 D12 with my first 2 darts to eek out the win. Embarassed

BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 27th 2010, 9:11 am

JustTheFacts wrote:
    I AM DONE!
    TIME TO MOVE ON!

What happened Bucky?

Ya know how you join a team and you show up to do your best so that you have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. The goal each season is to have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. That is why you show up each Tuesday night and shoot 14 weeks so that you have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. That is why you pay dearly on Wednesday mornings so that you have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. Well, that is not going to happen this season. Last night was the last Tuesday night that I am going to waste. It is nothing personal. I am just not going to waste my time anymore.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 27th 2010, 9:14 am

By the way, We lost last night.
    The Bimbo's won. Great seeing them all again.
    They shot very well.
    I don't know the score because I was so pissed I really didn't care what the score was. I do know that we lost. Could have been 7-4. Not sure!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 10:06 am

BUCKY wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:
    I AM DONE!
    TIME TO MOVE ON!

What happened Bucky?

Ya know how you join a team and you show up to do your best so that you have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. The goal each season is to have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. That is why you show up each Tuesday night and shoot 14 weeks so that you have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. That is why you pay dearly on Wednesday mornings so that you have a CHANCE of making the playoffs. Well, that is not going to happen this season. Last night was the last Tuesday night that I am going to waste. It is nothing personal. I am just not going to waste my time anymore.

I understand what you're saying Bucky. I played on a team that, while some were competetive, none played darts other than Tuesday night, and all they did was whine and complain and bitch. And it was always someone elses fault when they lost. It's always about a good night out with my friends first, but i still want to play with guys who want to win. On that team, i had no fun because of the attitude, and the lack of talent.

So i moved to Death Row. We may not be world beaters, but we can beat anyone in our division on any night, and they are all stand up guys and good friends. We have a blast win or lose. Everyone takes interest in everyone elses games, and it's just a good time. And with basically 7 guys on our squad (8th lives in Canada, and 9th is an alternate who we only kept on for tru emergencies) we went short once, and still won. And that time was a scheduled miss week due to work for one of the firefighters on the squad, and another guy called out of state to work.

I hope yall can work it out Bucky. hate to not see ya in a few weeks!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 10:15 am

I saw a couple of the Bimbos last night, and i do believe it was a 7-4 win they said.

So it looks like the current standings are:

Nemesis 53
    Death Row 52
    The A-Team 2 47
    Bimbos 46
    Guess What 40
    Somethintrip'd 38
    No Chance 33 +week 8
    Tons of Fun 32 +week8

Dave, we'll be looking for you guys to pull off a big win at home against Nemesis next week!!!!

certainly not out of it Bucky, but if ur top guys aren't showin or playing to their potential, it will be tough.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 27th 2010, 10:32 am

I got 2 wins last night.
    601 and 301
    Josh and I just lost the Cricket by 1 dart.
    I beat Tami in 301 in 2 straight.
    Guess that would put me in the "TOP GUYS" Very Happy
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 27th 2010, 10:44 am

Was Nixon there?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 10:48 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Was Nixon there?

you need a bigger spoon?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 10:48 am

BUCKY wrote:I got 2 wins last night.
    601 and 301
    Josh and I just lost the Cricket by 1 dart.
    I beat Tami in 301 in 2 straight.
    Guess that would put me in the "TOP GUYS" Very Happy

you're definitely one of the Top Dogs Bucky!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 27th 2010, 10:51 am

Ladies and Gentleman, We have a winner! cheers cheers cheers
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 11:02 am

BUCKY wrote:

Ladies and Gentleman, We have a winner! cheers cheers cheers

considering this week 4 quote:

BUCKY wrote:Time to write my resignation letter.
    Again...No Jimmy on an away week.
    I really don't want to waste the next 10 Tuesday's of my life wondering if we will make the playoffs. That is why you play...To make the playoffs and atleast have a chance of winning it all.

It just might be time to retire.

It wasn't too hard of a guess right?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 27th 2010, 11:12 am

I'm going to PROTEST! He's able to show against US and go 3-0 including knocking me out in 2 straight games from the 5 hole when I THOUGHT I was supposed to be playing you, and this week he doesn't even SHOW to a HOME match against the team that is BARELY ahead of you in the standings for the FINAL playoff spot?!?!? WTF? When you are playing the 4th place team who is only 3 points ahead of you at your HOME bar, you REALLY need your BEST player to show. That sucks! He better not be there on Week 14 to make it fair for us. Mad
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY October 27th 2010, 11:19 am

It's just very frustrating when you find out 2 hours before the match that your top shooter will not be there again, and you are in a race for the playoffs.
    Every point counts in this game. I have missed the playoffs numerous times over the past 16 years because of ONE point.
    Our teams moral hit an all time low last night. It wasn't just me.
    If I just wanted to play darts and didn't care if I made the playoffs, I would just field a shitty team in put in for Super A.
    Our team is consisted of:
    A players:
    Me
    Josh
    Billy
    Jimmy
    Freddy
    George

E to A last season:
    Jose

And two guys who never played in the league before:
    Dee
    Danny

So 66% of our team is A caliber.
    So when one of our A guys is not there we now become a 50% A caliber team.

How fucking far can we go with a 50% A caliber team playing against say a 75%-100% A caliber team?

I know...We get to go Golfing after week 14. Twisted Evil

Last edited by BUCKY on October 28th 2010, 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts October 27th 2010, 11:21 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:I'm going to PROTEST! He's able to show against US and go 3-0 including knocking me out in 2 straight games from the 5 hole when I THOUGHT I was supposed to be playing you, and this week he doesn't even SHOW to a HOME match against the team that is BARELY ahead of you in the standings for the FINAL playoff spot?!?!? WTF? When you are playing the 4th place team who is only 3 points ahead of you at your HOME bar, you REALLY need your BEST player to show. That sucks! He better not be there on Week 14 to make it fair for us. Mad

Where you playin when we show up Dave? I'll make sure Scott throws me there. I know how you step up against the weaker competition! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 10:04 am