Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+2
Chris
JustTheFacts
6 posters

Week 12 - The home stretch

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Week 12 - The home stretch Empty Week 12 - The home stretch

Post  JustTheFacts November 23rd 2010, 9:51 am

Death Row faces off at home tonight against Tons of Fun.

You know, we play the bottom 3 teams in our division over the next 3 weeks, so i guess our possible Super A fate could be in our own hands.

Having said that, we only won 6-5 against Tons of Fun at their place, and Guess What is a MUCH better squad than their record indicates. No Chance has some good shots as well, and I have no idea how we won 10-Joe Twisted Evil back on week 7.

The playoffs will be interesting. considering the point discrepancy in the SS-A2 division due to an E team that loses 10-1 every week being thrown in there. We could win our division, face off against a four seed, and not have choice! You also have the Bimbos, with Boehner on their squad. He's only made 2 matches so far, but he will make another, and make that team very competetive in the playoffs with the likes of John, Tammy, Sav etc.

Should be interesting. And as far as the division goes, we're going to play every game to win as we always have and let the cards fall where they may. If that puts us in Super A, so be it. There is no one on the squad that will shy away from a "wasted" season. While we all want to win, we also go out first and foremost to have a good time, and we always do..win or lose. You never know who could come on board to help out...but we certainly will be no Makin Treble.

I will say this, if we had to make the jump to Super A for a season, i do wish it was a Spring then Fall scenario such as The Assassins. I really think that will help them in the Spring. Death Row, should we move up, would have a summer layoff that would serve to negate that "experience" advantage.
    Chris

Week 12 - The home stretch Empty Re: Week 12 - The home stretch

Post  Chris November 23rd 2010, 11:13 am

Phantoms will be heading to Town Tavern to square off against Ye Olde Ladies..good times.

Matt, you guys won 10-Joe that time b/c Joe sucked..nuff said LOL. But agreed, any of those 3 teams can turn it on in a hurry. By no means do you have an easy schedule the next 3 matches.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts November 23rd 2010, 2:46 pm

Where is everyone today? Dave? you must be up by now! Laughing
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY November 23rd 2010, 2:51 pm

Home Stretch.... Laughing
    Not for Us.... Embarassed
    They gotta get rid of that Bucky character.... Twisted Evil
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY November 23rd 2010, 2:52 pm

I friggen hate missing the Playoffs.... Crying or Very sad
    14 weeks for what? No
    Pisses me off! Evil or Very Mad
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts November 23rd 2010, 3:31 pm

BUCKY wrote:I friggen hate missing the Playoffs.... Crying or Very sad
    14 weeks for what? No
    Pisses me off! Evil or Very Mad

Well, i'd say join us...but we may be in that position in Super A in the spring.....

I also hate missing the playoffs man. I haven't been in the league that long. I played about 4 sessions in 01/02, then took a while off. Been back for 5 or 6 years. I think i've missed the playoffs twice on various teams (lots of one and dones though). And it does suck.
    Chris

Post  Chris November 23rd 2010, 4:34 pm

Matt, only thing worse than missing the playoffs is making it for the first time and having to play shorthanded..Fall 01 for us on the O'Toole's team. WTF!!!

But agreed. 10 years straight and I don't think I'd need one hand to count the number of times I didn't get to the playoffs..including the first 2 seasons when my whole team was a bunch of rookies.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts November 23rd 2010, 4:37 pm

Chris wrote:Matt, only thing worse than missing the playoffs is making it for the first time and having to play shorthanded..Fall 01 for us on the O'Toole's team. WTF!!!

But agreed. 10 years straight and I don't think I'd need one hand to count the number of times I didn't get to the playoffs..including the first 2 seasons when my whole team was a bunch of rookies.

Yeah, i remember that...and we lost 6-5!

And i was a rookie when i joined too! Cool
    Chris

Post  Chris November 23rd 2010, 5:28 pm

Yup, shorthanded all the way to Hull..you and I won all our games..what a disgusting night.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts November 23rd 2010, 5:47 pm

Chris wrote:Yup, shorthanded all the way to Hull..you and I won all our games..what a disgusting night.

I think i won all my games the entire season! Laughing Laughing

Ahhhh, the joys of the H division! Twisted Evil
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 23rd 2010, 6:36 pm

I worked all day, so I was unable to participate in this wonderful discussion. Just getting home now in time to make dinner, then head back out so we can be underway for 8:15 or so. Gotta love playing at home just 5 minutes from the house. Can leave at 7:50 and still be there before half my squad. With just 3 weeks left, and a 10 point PLUS tiebreaker lead over 5th, it looks like playoffs are a given. Unfortunately, as JTF stated before, the E team in the other division has COMPLETELY fucked the points situation. Because everyone in that division pretty much gets a FREE 20 points, the divisions are totally not made equal. A-1 gets totally FUCKED because of this and A-2 will most likely get choice in at least 3 if not all 4 matches SIMPLY because the AD decided it would be better to put an E team in their division rather than the likes of the Liberty Tavern, or Strange Crew from Plymouth, or the Quincy Elks, or Sidelines from Brockton, or the Townhouse Hitmen (all of whom have played in A at some point before). In any case, it seems that points are completely irrelevant now. The A-2 division's points are all unfairly ballooned, and it seems that it's almost impossible for any of the current top 4 teams in the A1 division to miss the playoffs. So, it comes down to, does 1st place have to go to Super A, or just the AREA CHAMPION??? If the division winners are being moved up regardless, then it reallly doesn't make any sense to even TRY to win the division. I mean what's the point? Win the division, yet still DON'T get choice for playoffs vs the other division, AND you have to move up to Super A. Not a hell of a lot of motivation there. But, alas, that's what happens when E teams get put in A. We've got the Bimbos tonight, then AT No Chance (whitman), and AT Vega (brockton). The first time around was a 4-7 loss, 5-6 loss, and a 6-5 win. I would be more than happy to take three 6-5/5-6 wins or losses over the next 3 weeks, and finish 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, take our chances in the playoffs, and hopefully win a Championship knowing that if we don't win it all, we're safe from having to go up to the HELL that is Super A in the Spring.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 24th 2010, 2:25 am

Chris wrote:Matt, only thing worse than missing the playoffs is making it for the first time and having to play shorthanded..Fall 01 for us on the O'Toole's team. WTF!!!

No, the only thing worse than missing the playoffs, is MAKING the PLAYOFFS, come up JUST SHORT, then having to go to SUPER A, and get FUCKING DEMOLISHED for 14 weeks, and THEN MISS the playoffs, KNOWING that you would have TOTALLY been in contention to win it all in the division you just left. ONLY the South Shore A CHAMPION should have to move up. Division winner shouldn't matter. Points shouldn't matter. If you win the AREA, YOU MOVE UP! We moved up when we WON. It's the RIGHT thing to do. And I say AREA, because DIVISION WINNERS mean SHIT, as ANYBODY who's played the game for any good amount of time knows. The BEST teams win CHAMPIONSHIPS, NOT DIVISIONS!

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on November 24th 2010, 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 24th 2010, 2:34 am

Tonight was a VERY GOOD NIGHT in the SS-A-1 division match between the 4th place Bimbos and the 3rd place A-Team 2. Always a good time with this crew. I wouldn't mind playing them EVERY SEASON, no matter WHERE they played.

Bimbo's 5
    @
    The A-Team2 6

They beat us at their place 7-4, and I was really hoping we'd reverse that. We absolutely SHOULD have but, totally FUCKED THE DOG in BOTH 601's after having HUGE leads in both. It's a real TESTIMENT to the 601 backers (of which, I am NOT one of). 601 is TRULY an EQUALIZER. ANY TEAM CAN WIN IT.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 24th 2010, 3:24 am

And FOR THE RECORD, if we WIN the AREA (for the 2nd time), we FULLY EXPECT, and would have NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever, to be MOVED UP, as EVERYONE SHOULD when they win an Area Championship. We would do our due dilligence (as we did BEFORE), and rightfully take our spots in the Super A's for the Spring. Now the real question becomes, at what point does it matter if you win a STATE Championship. It means TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS to different people. And at WHAT LEVEL does a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP even matter. Seriously, we have STATE CHAMPION E teams. FUCKING E! You know what, I NEVER WON a fucking STATE E CHAMPIONSHIP, and neither has ANYONE I play with, but I GUARENTEE YOU, my suck ass 3rd place A team, would kick your ass, and if we DIDN'T, then JESUS, WHAT THE FUCK are you doing in E in the FIRST PLACE!!!! Point is, only TWO things COUNT. Super A and A. Wearing a STATE CHAMPION E DIVISION shirt is like saying you came in SECOND at the SPECIAL OLYMPICS! Seriously, what the fuck? But A's..................Wait a minute, NOW you're talking! Sure, it's not THE BEST. It's NOT sunny sunny farao SUPER A farao sunny sunny . But it's ABSOLUTELY, the NEXT BEST cheers But lets be SERIOUS, do you KNOW HOW HARD IT IS, to be the BEST MMDL DART TEAM in the HIGHEST DIVISION??? It's pretty much FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to do with my team. And that's no ATTACK on my team. We are what we are. And I would never trade that. THAT'S WHY I would be MORE than content with a STATE A Championship. And that my friends, is my ONLY Christmas wish, santa , to be State Champions in the A Division......and then i will REALLY, AND FOR TRUE, go to the Super A division without complaint lol!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY November 24th 2010, 9:07 am

Guess What 5
    @
    Somethintrip'd 6

I can't wait until this season is over.
    Chris

Post  Chris November 24th 2010, 10:07 am

BUCKY wrote:Guess What 5
    @
    Somethintrip'd 6

I can't wait until this season is over.

I get it, no having to choose between Bruins and darts right? Surprised

Phantoms 8-3 over Ye Ole Ladies. We needed it badly with the bye next week and made them pay for the 7-4 beatdown at our house a few weeks ago.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts November 24th 2010, 11:55 am

Death Row 6

Tons of Fun 5

I shot horribly in all of my games. Scott shot absolutely phenomenal darts in our cricket to carry us to a win. I barely got on in my 301's.

That'll teach me to knock back a 12 pack before the match!!! Embarassed
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 24th 2010, 12:22 pm

Wow, look at all those 6-5's. Sure wish we had an E team to beat up on. Razz

Week 12 Standings:

75 Death Row
    72 The A-Team 2
    69+WK12 Nemesis
    68 Bimbos
    62 Somethintripped
    60 Tons Of Fun
    58 Guess What
    53+WK12 No Chance

Forget the last two weeks of the season, they're comletely meaningless. Let's jump right into playoffs. If we start next week, we won't have to play any Thursday games. cheers
    Drtr

Post  Drtr November 29th 2010, 3:14 pm

Haven't been here in a while and it's great to see somethings never change!
    Whine whine whine!!!!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 29th 2010, 3:33 pm

I think you confuse stating pure FACTS with whining. And the fact IS that FIRST of all, an E team has no business in an A division, and secondly, there shouldn't have been a BYE in the A division for said E team to be put in to in the first place. Don't see how ANYONE can argue AGAINST that.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr November 30th 2010, 6:30 am

Eyes, You are 100% correct, but it seems like old news and nobody can chance it at week 13
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy November 30th 2010, 11:52 am

Or change it for that matter affraid
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 30th 2010, 11:58 am

#1, it was JTF that brought it up, I was just agreeing with him, and #2 it may be "old news", but it pertains directly to the playoff situation that is coming up. The A2 division has clearly been given a playoff advantage by this fuck up. No biggie, we'll just have to push through it. It's just a mistake that shouldn't have been made in the first place. But alas, we play the cards we are dealt.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 30th 2010, 12:01 pm

And when have I EVER kept my mouth shut about shit I couldn't CHANGE? No shit, we can't CHANGE it, that doesn't mean we can't discuss how shit was fucked up. That's what I do BEST, point out OTHER people's fuck up's. See, when you're perfect like ME, you can do shit like that. king
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY November 30th 2010, 12:52 pm

Hey Dave, Why did you steal my KING FRIDAY CROWN. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 4:38 am