Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

What the HELL happened?!?!

EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

What the HELL happened?!?!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 1st 2010, 2:06 pm

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seadogs over FUPA 7-5

a real ugly match thanks to a couple of individuals. in 25 years of playing this game, I never have experienced what went on last night. absolute bull$hit from the start of the match (7:55) when you can pi$$ off Peter Cahill...... well, enough said!

Jesus, the Seadogs are one of the most laid back, gentlemanly teams out there. Probably the nicest of the entire Super A bunch no less. What the fuck did Maguire's team do? I've got a hunch it's got something to do with Hubie and Wando.

Chris

Re: What the HELL happened?!?!

Post  Chris on December 1st 2010, 2:12 pm

Musta been some real shit to piss off the Seadogs..not to mention for JD knowing about running leagues and I know how fair he is..for him to take offense it had to have been some issues.

kirbonics

Post  kirbonics on December 2nd 2010, 2:43 pm

Well not to cause any problems but I do know last week I had issues with Bernache and Baker and it did'nt sit too well with me or a few of my mates..I guess everyone should of been happy that Fred Baker was not at the match the other night, cause I don't think that the problem would of been resolved as easily as it was...I'm under the understanding that after the first game was won by the Seadogs that one of their players was fist pumping and whooping it up..Not that there is anything wrong with that, but evidently the way it was done pissed somebody off and it escalated from there..Just my opinion but having known a few players on the Doggies that a few will go out of their way to get under your skin if they feel it is to their advantage and cry foul if you question them about it..haha

I know because I've used that tactic in my early days of playing when we were getting our asses handed to us..A lot worse than you did "Eyes" last season...Mind you there are only a couple of guys on the Seadogs that will do that and they know who they are.. The rest are perfect gentleman and great dart players..But to blame the incident wholely on Eric and Sean just does'nt seem right if you know what I mean..I guess you can chaulk it up to growing pains for those two, who eventually will have the last laugh when all is said and done in a few years... What a Face
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 2nd 2010, 3:45 pm

Knowing both Hubie and Wando from their Wendell's SI Legends days, I can TOTALLY see them having a major issue with some excessive celebration coming from the other side. And though, personally, I also don't care for over the top celebrations coming from either team, you've got to learn to deal with it and ignore that shit. You can't let it get to you, nor can you let your opponent KNOW that it bothers you, or it will just make things worse. Just let that shit go and ignore it. Either that, or FEED off it and let it help you elivate your game. I wasn't there, and I have yet to hear the full story. All I heard was that Hubie and Wando were "feeling pretty good" before the match even started, and they have been known to have short fuses in the past, so I can totally see how things could have gotten out of hand. That being said, there is always two sides to every story, and I'm sure the doggies aren't completely innocent in this whole deal as well. Should make for a real interesting matchup if those two teams were to happen to meet in the playoffs. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Gate Keeper

Post  Gate Keeper on December 2nd 2010, 10:45 pm

I was wondering what happened. I've always hated when people do a huge Ray Bourque fist pump when they beat me. I'm waiting to shake their hand and they're shoving it in my face. I've always seen it as a sign of disrespect.

Jakesy

Post  Jakesy on December 5th 2010, 12:17 pm

I wasn't there, so I don't know the details but from my experience with both teams I could Just copy and paste Kirby's post. When we beat the Doggies 8-4 there we're a couple of angry campers throwing their darts around and even one that balked on a handshake. When they beat us 11-1, over the top celebration would be an understatement. There are some real gentlemen on the team but there are 2 or 3 I'd just as soon piss on. My experience with Hueb's when I beat him was a handshake and a man hug. Treat him with respect and you get the same in return. The only one I've ever seen over the top on Fupa is Reg. But it's Reg, and you always know it's never meant disrespectfully. He's just excitable. There's two kinds of over the top and it's not hard to differentiate between the two.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is October 23rd 2018, 3:33 pm