Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+3
Chris
BUCKY
EyesOfTheWorld
7 posters

PLAYOFFS!!

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

PLAYOFFS!! Empty PLAYOFFS!!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2010, 12:29 pm

Barring a 10-1 victory by the Bimbo's, or score sheet violations, I believe playoffs look like this:

87 Nemesis
    86 Death Row
    85 The A-Team 2
    76+WK14 Bimbos

97 The Fox
    88 Round of 9
    89 Predators
    83 Zen Archers

87 Nemesis #1 choice over 83 Zen Archers #4
    86 Death Row #2 vs 86 Predators #3 (tiebreaker Death Row?)
    88 Round of 9 #2 choice over 85 The A-Team 2 #3
    97 Fox #1 choice over Bimbos #4

Where are we PLAYING??? Team is heading to Chi-town early Friday morning and won't be home till late Monday afternoon. Would like to know before we leave.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

PLAYOFFS!! Empty Re: PLAYOFFS!!

Post  BUCKY December 8th 2010, 1:22 pm

I'll call ABA and he can e-mail it to Chicago and have them put the location on the Jumbotron at the game. Razz
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2010, 1:55 pm

I highly doubt I'll have it finalized before Friday AM, among other reasons the potential for scoresheet screwups is just too high.

Dave, are you going to Chicago or staying home? Guessing you are going..I will know Friday night/Saturday morning what's what. I believe I have your cell# on the schedule, if I don't pls advise of a good number to reach you if you are going.[b]
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2010, 1:56 pm

Nice! Or he could just have it hand delivered to us in section 215 in the Club Level. Very Happy
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2010, 2:01 pm

My flight leaves at 6:30AM out of Providence. Plan is to work Thursday night, get home around 12:30AM, drink until 4:30AM, then have Timmy drive us to the airport. Smile I will have my cell on me all weekend, and that is the # that is listed on the schedule. I'm pretty confident that the sheets will be fine and we will be playing Ro9. Just need to know where they want to play first.
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2010, 2:15 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Nice! Or he could just have it hand delivered to us in section 215 in the Club Level. Very Happy

Or you could pay my way there and buy me a ticket so I can give you the phone when I call your opponent haha!

But seriously, my usual MO is to write the brackets Friday night. If you dont mind getting a call or text somewhat late (around 10ish) I would be happy to do so, if not before. Try to do it as soon as I know where you are not in the area etc..
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2010, 2:34 pm

Bimbos lose 6-5 to Somethintripd.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 8th 2010, 2:58 pm

'Unofficial A division seedings'

#1 The Fox (Sly Fox, Quincy) 97 (10-4)
    #2 Round of Nine (Panda Palace, Weymouth) 88 (9-5)
    #3 Nemesis (Polish Club, Abington) 87 (10-4)
    #4 Death Row (Shooters, Avon) 86 (11-3)
    #5 Predators (Tully's, Quincy) 86 (9-5)
    #6 The A-Team 2 (Wendell's, Norton) 85 (9-5)
    #7 Zen Archers (VFW, Hull) 83 (10-4)
    #8 Bimbos (Polish Club, Abington) 81 (7-7)

That E team in the A2 REALLY made a difference. Here's how the top 4 teams did against them:
    The Fox 21-1
    Round of Nine 20-2
    Predators 18-4
    Zen Archers 18-4

Without that E team, A1 might have had a legit shot at the top 4 seeds. Can't believe that Death Row is a #4 seed. I consider them the best in the division. All I know is that with our 3rd place divisional spot, and our 6th seed, there is no way in hell we're going to have to move up to sunny farao Super A farao sunny unless we win the Area again.
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2010, 2:59 pm

Interesting theory on the E team. I wonder what the seeds look like with a little math..hold on..
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2010, 3:21 pm

OK here's what it COULD have looked like:

#1 The Fox (Sly Fox, Quincy) 89(8-4)
    #2 Nemesis (Polish Club, Abington) 87 (10-4)
    #3 Death Row (Shooters, Avon) 86 (11-3)
    #4 The A-Team 2 (Wendell's, Norton) 85 (9-5)
    #5 Bimbos (Polish Club, Abington) 81 (7-7)
    #6 Round of Nine (Panda Palace, Weymouth) 79 (7-5)
    #7 Predators (Tully's, Quincy) 79 (7-5)
    #8 Zen Archers (VFW, Hull) 76 (8-4)

This is with a bye instead of the E team. I didn't bother to break the RO9/Predators tie..hey you get fast or thorough when it's an S and G thing affraid

Keep in mind, some of the A2 teams bitched about the bye and said they'd rather play ANYBODY instead of a bye..then bitched about the E team. Can't win..

My thoughts? Learning experience. If I had it to do over again? I know what I think right now that's for sure.

Suffice to say I'm glad it's over. That situation was a nightmare for me..in my 10 years of playing darts I've never had ANYONE talk to me the way a member of that team did...and when more than 1 or 2 people tell me afterwards they would have yelled louder at the person than they yelled at me (mind you I remained polite and calm all along), I think I'm pretty confident in saying I did nothing wrong by how I conducted myself. End.

Last edited by Chris on December 9th 2010, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 8th 2010, 4:38 pm

You conducted yourself fine. But you obviously see in hind sight how it effects the other divisions, and would probably not make the same choice.

I could care less. home or away tuesday or Thursday never really mattered to me. Git R Done and that's it.

Be interesting to see how we fare against a Tully's squad that schooled us when last we faced.

I don't know if I'd put us at the top of the food chain Dave...I hope we end up there and take a State Title......but there are some great teams in our division. I do think that we'd agree that our team has a different dynamic with some new faces.
    Chris

Post  Chris December 8th 2010, 7:34 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:You conducted yourself fine. But you obviously see in hind sight how it effects the other divisions, and would probably not make the same choice.

I could care less. home or away tuesday or Thursday never really mattered to me. Git R Done and that's it.

Be interesting to see how we fare against a Tully's squad that schooled us when last we faced.

I don't know if I'd put us at the top of the food chain Dave...I hope we end up there and take a State Title......but there are some great teams in our division. I do think that we'd agree that our team has a different dynamic with some new faces.

That's my point, Matt. If I had it to do over again, E to A is just too much. Even if we had 1 A division, it would still matter when state playoffs come. I know you didn't shoot with us then but you remember the F division when we made state's and had to play a B team b/c 7-8 "late" teams in Boston got thrown in the same division and called F.

That said..I must say my hat is off to the Gamblers. Unlike some teams that have played quite a bit up and struggled in the past, they did not quit midseason. Not only have they completed the regular season, that I know of they have not played shorthanded so the whole team is showing up and shooting. Props to them..and hopefully they've gained some experience that will benefit them in future seasons, I hope to get them back in Spring.

Drtr

Post  Drtr December 8th 2010, 7:37 pm

Eyes, we are coming to your place Tuesday!
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy December 9th 2010, 9:25 am

I was very proud to hear the Bimbos and B-na decided that he would not shoot in the playoffs
    What are you doing with your S.A. player Kev? Just curious
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 9th 2010, 3:45 pm

Jakesy wrote:I was very proud to hear the Bimbos and B-na decided that he would not shoot in the playoffs

Leave him alone Jakesy. One Super A player does not make a Super A team. Sean was allowed on the roster, and if he met the requirements to compete in the playoffs, then that is his right.

Take your spoon and concentrate on stirring the Super A pot. Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here. Very Happy
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 9th 2010, 3:48 pm

Jakesy wrote:I was very proud to hear the Bimbos and B-na decided that he would not shoot in the playoffs

Jakesy,
    If he played all season why wouldn't he play in the playoffs?
    Chris

Post  Chris December 9th 2010, 4:38 pm

Wonder why they decided not to play Tommy..after all he's a legal member of the team. Long as he shot 3 matches inseason the team has every right to play him..1 player is not a whole team. I wonder if all of the Bimbos know about this?
    Chris

Post  Chris December 9th 2010, 5:09 pm

Hope this isn't because people are saying Tommy's too good to play A.

People have said that Super A players should mentor A teams..Tommy joined a basement A team..Sean a B team moving up to A. Isn't that what they did?

Sometimes people know what's best till it happens in their yard maybe..
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy December 10th 2010, 12:19 am

MetalRulz wrote:

Jakesy,
    Because he asked to be put on the roster for the expressed purpose of making himself eligible for the MMDL qualifiers. He knew , they new it and that's why their both O.K. with it.

And Matt, shut the fuck up ya big douche bag affraid This is fucking Screwa. created for the express purpose of saying whatever the fuck you want without being censored like SEWA. So even though it wasn't my intention, I'll stir any mother fucking pot i want jackass lol! lol! lol! lol!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 10th 2010, 12:25 am

Yeah, lay off Drtr! After all, if it wasn't for Moran and AN E TEAM that they crushed 20-2, they wouldn't even be IN the playoffs, now they're a #2 SEED!!! Shocked They've GOT to play him! Smile
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 10th 2010, 12:29 am

And you're right Jakesey, this is SCREWA, AKA FUCKING AMERICA, not like that dickless commie rag out on the Left Coast! Say what you want, it's your GOD GIVEN RIGHT as an AMERICAN!!! Is it true that the Commandant is the guy who runs WikiLeaks? affraid
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 10th 2010, 7:48 am

Sean will be playing!!, he is part of our team this season, and has commited to next season as well, we are enjoying having him on the team. and until he decides otherwise, he will continue to be a member of Round of Nine, his new team, see you Tuesday Eyes, enjoy the Pats game
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 10th 2010, 8:47 am

Jakesy wrote:
    MetalRulz wrote:

Jakesy,
    Because he asked to be put on the roster for the expressed purpose of making himself eligible for the MMDL qualifiers. He knew , they new it and that's why their both O.K. with it.

And Matt, shut the fuck up ya big douche bag affraid This is fucking Screwa. created for the express purpose of saying whatever the fuck you want without being censored like SEWA. So even though it wasn't my intention, I'll stir any mother fucking pot i want jackass lol! lol! lol! lol!

You're right...it's Screwa...say whatever the fuck you want....just don't think that your opinion counts for shit asshole Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Oh I'm so proud of a team that isn't in my division not playing someone who might give them a chance to win. They're my heroes!!!

ahhhhahahahaha. I'd say they screwed the 5th place team out of a spot but....COME ON!!! Laughing Laughing
    I think Tom should play if he can, and give the team a chance at a title.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY December 10th 2010, 2:09 pm

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!! Cool
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 10th 2010, 2:41 pm

BUCKY wrote:COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Least you didn't put me on time out!!! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 18th 2024, 10:59 pm