Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+2
BUCKY
JustTheFacts
6 posters

PLAYOFFS!! Week 1

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

PLAYOFFS!! Week 1 Empty PLAYOFFS!! Week 1

Post  JustTheFacts December 14th 2010, 8:46 am

Death Row travels to Tully's in Quincy tonight. We're looking to avenge last springs early exit at the hands of these guys. We went into their place down 5-6 and proceeded to lose 6 straight. Shocked

Well, we're certainly a different team this season, and it will be interesting to see how those changes play out tonight! This is what we played the last 14 weeks for!

COME ON!!!!!!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

PLAYOFFS!! Week 1 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS!! Week 1

Post  BUCKY December 14th 2010, 9:40 am

Good Luck Death Row
    Now COME ON
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 15th 2010, 1:07 am

The season of the 6-5 continues....

Ro9 5
    @
    The A-Team 2 6

GREAT MATCH. Just like a PRIZEFIGHT. We take first 3, they take the next 4, we take next 3, they take last, on the THIRD game, with BOTH teams having at least 2 chances at the out! Should be a great match on Thursday. I TOTALLY smell OVERTIME brewing here.

We saw some spectacular darts on both sides tonight. T50 out I believe by Adam C, and a T+ out by Brian F. A FUCKING INCREDIBLE game by Stew in his cricket (with some help from Drtr as well i have to say). And ALWAYS, Sean M played like an ANIMAL. That guy just plain out KNOWS HOW TO WIN. He TOTALLY plays with that focused "super A mentality". He knows WHAT to shoot EVERY time, and HITS it MOST of the time. I admire that shit. At one point during his match with Nellie, I think Nellie had 67 left. Nellie shoots at 19 to make it even, and at best hit 57 for an out. Either way, he doesn't get ANYTHING he actually WANTED. At that point, Moran even says to me, "you need to talk to him (Nellie), I have an OUT, he SHOULD have gone 17, double BULL." Now, he's TOTALLY RIGHT. That's TOTALLY the ATTITIDE that everyone SHOULD have, but let's face it, that's not the mentality that MOST have. Most go with the SAFE route of trying to set up on "their number" for the out and just HOPE/bank on the thought that their opponnent will MISS the shot, and YOU get to shoot at the number you want. But THAT'S the DIFFERENCE between A and sunny farao SUPER A farao sunny ! The sunny farao SUPER A farao sunny player HAS to play with THAT ATTITUDE, or they HAVE NO CHANCE. I I love you LOVE I love you that, but OUR team just IS NOT THAT which is why I LOVE the A division so much! And though we LOST THAT particular match, we GRINDED out a 6-5 WIN at home, which is pretty much our MO this year, a grinding, 6-5 each week, 3rd place team. It was really fun tonight, and those guys were really cool, so I expect nothing less than an extremely close and exciting match on Thursday!
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 15th 2010, 8:29 am

Eyes, Thanks for a great night of darts, your right it was a prize fight, you have a solid squad as well.
    and the comments about Sean are one of the reasons why we love having him around, he has a winners mentality and is teaching it to us. I hope Thursday is as much fun, and I hope We have all of our guys on Thurs, we were missing one, and thats why I played all 3 last night. It does smell like overtime, unless we just rip off the first 7 on ya! LOL
    See you Thurs Dave and thanks for a great night!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 16th 2010, 8:43 am

Death Row 5

Predators 6

We just couldn't put it together Tuesday night, dropping both of the 601's, and that was the difference. Tully impressed me in our singles match. I had some double trouble in the 3rd game that led to an insurmountable lead, but in those first two games, we both were on with T plus both times. Hard fought battle, hopefully with a different result tonight.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 16th 2010, 12:42 pm

Our lowly third place team from "cowtown" heads to the bright lights and HUGE CITY of Weymouth. We probably have no chance, but I already took the night off, and it's costing me about $300, so we might as well go. Maybe we'll get done early and go see a broadway show or something. They must have that sort of thing in a BIG TIME CITY like Weymouth right?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 16th 2010, 12:47 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Our lowly third place team from "cowtown" heads to the bright lights and HUGE CITY of Weymouth. We probably have no chance, but I already took the night off, and it's costing me about $300, so we might as well go. Maybe we'll get done early and go see a broadway show or something. They must have that sort of thing in a BIG TIME CITY like Weymouth right?

depending what happens in our match, i may make the trip over Dave. but you got a long drive home, so i'm sure you folks will be gone.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 16th 2010, 1:34 pm

Dave, Good Post, LMAO!!!!

see you tonight at "THE PALACE"!!!
    Chris

Post  Chris December 16th 2010, 1:36 pm

Well, you will see bright lights from the marquee around the corner from the Palace..but don't make a mess in your pants, it's really just the Cameo, an old 2 screen theater

Fun rabbit
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 16th 2010, 3:20 pm

Well, we are home but away tonight.

Turns out that Shooters had a Christmas party scheduled for tonight, and would either not be able to host us, or have extremely tight quarters.

Luckily, i remembered that the pub across the street was looking for teams. Called the owner, and he is thrilled to host tonight to help us out. Even to provide food and a couple pitchers of beer to each team.

So i will let everyone know how Slap Shotz in Avon is for a venue, but they are certainly helping us out tonight.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 16th 2010, 6:51 pm

How does THAT happen??? You guys had CHOICE right? Nobody talked to the bar? That SUCKS. It's like playing 2 AWAY games!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 17th 2010, 1:17 am

A HOME game AWAY. Who are you, the Minnesota Vikings? I'm getting told that you guys are out. Say it ain't so???
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 17th 2010, 1:31 am

Well, if anyone cares, the PRIZEFIGHT CONTINUED TONIGHT between Round of Nine and The A-Team 2....

AT Round of Nine (The Palace).....

The Mecca leads 6-5...

601: Palace 6-6
    601: Palace 7-6 (Palace UP)
    CR: Palace 8-6 (Palace UP)
    CR: Mecca 8-7 (Palace UP)
    CR: Mecca 8-8 TIED
    301: Mecca 9-8 (Mecca UP)
    301: Palace 9-9 TIED
    301: Mecca 10-9 (Mecca UP)
    301: Palace 10-10 TIED
    301: Palace 11-10 (Palace UP)
    301: Mecca 11-11 TIED *OVERTIME*
    601: Mecca 12-11 (Mecca UP)
    CR: Mecca 12-11 (Mecca WINS)

The A Team 2 advances over Round of Nine 13-10 in overtime!

All I can say is HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WHAT A FUCKING INCREDIBLE MATCH!!! This thing was SICK! Back and forth, BIG shots, TERRIBLE shots, and EXPENSIVE shots ($39 for 6 Dr. McGillicudy's....and people say WENDELL'S is expensive, sheesh! affraid ). But seriously, VERY GOOD match tonight, and hats off to Ro9. It was ANYONE'S game tonight. Great battles, and CHEERS cheers to a FINE and WORTHY opponent. See you guys in the Spring, unless of course, we win it all and have to move up. And if THAT'S the case, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before we saw you guys up there too. Good games guys.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY December 17th 2010, 8:32 am

WTF Dave, You text me 14 times last night to give me updates and you don't text me to let me know that you won. cheers
    Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You owe Kenny a beer. king
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 17th 2010, 8:36 am

well said Dave, a great battle indeed, I wish you and your team the best of luck in the next round. I'm glad we got a chance to face off on the board. too bad someone had to lose last night, I just wish it was you guys!, Mery Christmas and see you next year!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY December 17th 2010, 9:14 am

Hey Kev, Great job by you guys last night. I was in touch with Dave all night and he said it was unbelievable. That does not surprise me at all. You guys have a great squad. Say high to Sammy for me and Merry Christmas to you and the boy's. santa
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 17th 2010, 9:24 am

Thanks Bucky!!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 17th 2010, 10:22 am

Well, we ended up being able to play at our bar last night, but that is the only good news i have to report.

Death Row loses 10-12 to the Predators. A hard fought match, but we just did not get it done. we were tied 8-8 going into 301. Joe started us off with a W to make it 9-8 us, but then the wheels fell off starting with me. Took it to 3 games, but the T20 on and my missing my first shot at an on was a back breaker.

Started well in 601 with Joe, Brian and me. We were behind the whole match, but they missed 6 darts at an out. We had 83 left. I hit T17 first dart and all i could hear was Donny behind me say to Scott "Did he just hit the triple?" lol. S16, D8 for the win.....and unfortunately that was the only highlight of my night.

Good luck Dave!!! take it all baby!!!!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY December 17th 2010, 11:19 am

Tough break Matt.
    Enjoy your time off and I will see you next season. Merry Christmas. santa
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts December 17th 2010, 11:21 am

BUCKY wrote:Tough break Matt.

yeah? you're not retiring? joing the Mecca? Death Row Very Happy
    metalrul

Post  metalrul December 17th 2010, 2:20 pm

Anyone know how my buddies on the FUPA team did?
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 17th 2010, 2:22 pm

metalrul wrote:Anyone know how my buddies on the FUPA team did?

Not sure what happened on this post???? Shocked
    Chris

Post  Chris December 17th 2010, 2:27 pm

FUPA is in Super A, the SA playoffs don't begin until next week E. How'd you guys finish up this season in PDL or is it still going..
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz December 17th 2010, 4:34 pm

Chris wrote:FUPA is in Super A, the SA playoffs don't begin until next week E. How'd you guys finish up this season in PDL or is it still going..

Let's just say we'll be in a lower div. next season! Shocked Shocked Sad
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY December 18th 2010, 9:27 am

JustTheFacts wrote:
    BUCKY wrote:Tough break Matt.

yeah? you're not retiring? joing the Mecca? Death Row Very Happy

Cool

Sponsored content