Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

4 posters

WEEK ONE!!!

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

WEEK ONE!!! Empty WEEK ONE!!!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 1st 2011, 1:22 pm

So tonight is the start of SPRING DARTS. Yeah right, SPRING darts with 50 inches of snow. We've got guys dropping like flies. One with a WAKE, TWO plowing, and one headed to a Linkin Park concert. Right now, we've got four. The good news is that if we lose two more, the match won't be legal. Laughing Not the way we wanted to START the season.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

WEEK ONE!!! Empty Re: WEEK ONE!!!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 1st 2011, 1:59 pm

Tried to get a postponment to no avail. Kevin says storm will be completely over by 4PM, and that he's been out all day and the roads are totally fine. Personally, I think they are SALAVATING over playing a SHORTHANDED Wendell's squad missing 3 of their top 4 shooters, at THEIR place no less. He did say he would "wait" for us, which is a SMALL consellation since we make people "wait" for us even in GOOD weather. No shit you'll "wait". EVERYONE waits for the KING! king Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY February 1st 2011, 2:08 pm

I am the King.
    KING FRIDAY king

So we go to Avon and throw our darts and hope for a win shorthanded.
    I'm good with that!

I've seen stranger shit happen. Very Happy
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 1st 2011, 2:20 pm

So they'll be waiting on a PAIR of KINGS and a Joker (if Nemeskal ever shows). Shocked
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY February 1st 2011, 2:24 pm

So as it stands right now it is:

You
    Me
    Eamon
    Kenny
    Nemeskal?
    Tim?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 1st 2011, 2:57 pm

Brian - OUT (girlfriend's grandmother's wake)
    Nemeskal - OUT (Plowing)
    Nellie - OUT (Plowing)
    Dolan - OUT (Linkin Park Concert)
    Dave - IN
    Bucky - IN
    Ken - IN
    Eamon - Probable (have not heard officially)
    Tim - Questionable (has not returned my texts, and I haven't seen him at the bar in WEEKS) - also wasn't SUPPOSED to be playing since he's our ALT, and as of last week we had a full team. I didn't even tell him WHERE we were playing or that the season was even STARTING until TODAY. Usually a reliable alt though.

IF the storm ends at 4PM, like Sawlit says, we MAY have a good chance at getting ONE or even BOTH of the Plow guys to show, but who knows. At this point, we SHOULD have 4. That's 8 games and 4 FORFEITS, PLUS we miss 3 of our top 4 shooters. Cross your fingers and PRAY this FUCKING SNOW STOPS!!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 1st 2011, 4:00 pm

Well, at least it'll be an early night! Twisted Evil

Death Row heads to Abington Clown House tonight.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 1st 2011, 4:45 pm

We've got our 4. If we can get 6, great, otherwise I'll just tell my 5th to stay home, cause THAT'S THE FUCKING WAY WE ROLL!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Don't want to postpone, oh well, guess I have to manipulate the system again! Razz Razz Razz Why make the 5th come and play 2 shorthanded games? Just fucking stupid. I know everyone on MY team will get at least 3 games. Could give a shit about my opponent. Evil or Very Mad
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 1st 2011, 5:05 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:We've got our 4. If we can get 6, great, otherwise I'll just tell my 5th to stay home, cause THAT'S THE FUCKING WAY WE ROLL!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Don't want to postpone, oh well, guess I have to manipulate the system again! Razz Razz Razz Why make the 5th come and play 2 shorthanded games? Just fucking stupid. I know everyone on MY team will get at least 3 games. Could give a shit about my opponent. Evil or Very Mad

IDK, i think the 501 shorthanded is much more do-able, and a hot hand in cricket can get you that one as well sunny farao SUPER A farao sunny or not.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 1st 2011, 5:11 pm

I've NEVER seen someone win cricket shorthanded in the 20 years I have played darts. It is possible that it COULD happen in the lower divisions, but if you can't beat a guy with 6 darts to his 3, you don't belong at this level. 501 is possible, but you'd have to either play spectacular or have the other team shoot like shit. No worries. I expect 6 tonight. Just stirring shit, and making sure everyone knows who's BOSS!!! Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 2nd 2011, 1:44 am

A LONG night, but with positive results...

The Usual Suspects 7
    @
    Assassins 5

We went with 5, and Nemeskal came through for the 6th.

Official team was Dave, Nemeskal, Bucky, Nellie, Ken, & Tim.

Took FOREVER though. BOTH teams were missing players at the START (which was to be totally EXPECTED) so we had a bit of a slow start. To make matters worse, neither team was playing particularly well leading to some very long games. Bottom line is that we finished at 11:19PM (which is about an hour and nineteen minutes LONGER than any match we've had over the past 2 seasons, fall and summer). We should have just forfeited our final 301. Timmy was wasted, and Kevin couldn't hit the side of a barn. The thing went 3 games and took OVER 20 minutes. Was BRUTAL...for ME & BUCKY that is... the rest of the team was home an hour earlier enjoying texting updates. Was a total pain in the ass to get this one done, but in the end, TOTALLY WORTH IT. A ROAD WIN, WITHOUT our BEST shooter, and now we don't have to deal with the dreaded "make-up" game. Will take that all day.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 2nd 2011, 2:10 am

Just looked back at my texts to see final match. It started at 10:49 and finished at 11:19. A THIRTY MINUTE LOSS! That SUCKS! Kevin couldn't get IN for shit in game one, and even though it took Timmy SIX ROUNDS (NOT DARTS...ROUNDS) at his out, he FINALLY took out X3 for game 1. In game 2, KEVIN missed close to TEN ROUNDS at his out which allowed Timmy to get all the way back to SIX (AGAIN...WTF?!?!), then Kevin FINALLY won game 2. Then, to CAP IT OFF...Timmy should have been SKUNKED in game 3. Kevin had FIVE ROUNDS (again ROUNDS...as in 15 darts) at an out BEFORE Tim could even get ON! THEN, Kevin STILL couldn't take it out as Timmy blasted away with 21's, 28's, and 9's!!! He's aiming at the 20's but hitting 5's, 9's and off the boards. FINALLY Kevin EASED our PAIN and let us go home. Next time, we're forfeiting the lousy point!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 2nd 2011, 10:45 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:I've NEVER seen someone win cricket shorthanded in the 20 years I have played darts. It is possible that it COULD happen in the lower divisions, but if you can't beat a guy with 6 darts to his 3, you don't belong at this level. 501 is possible, but you'd have to either play spectacular or have the other team shoot like shit. No worries. I expect 6 tonight. Just stirring shit, and making sure everyone knows who's BOSS!!! Laughing

I've seen it in Super A. It only takes one hot hand hitting a big on and consitent tons to steal one. It is extremely rare, but it happens at every level. Probably more in Super A because the mentality is different. Many teams at that level will put their strongest shot up in that shorthanded spot, and the Round of Nine potential is huge (little nod to Kevin there)

Death Row - 6

Town House - 6

I shot like a blind man in 501 and 301.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr February 2nd 2011, 12:01 pm

Thanks Matt!! I caught it!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY February 2nd 2011, 12:16 pm

I don't know how Timmy even hit the board.
    Lot of swaying going on and one eye closed. Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 2nd 2011, 12:22 pm

And that is precisely why I hate sunny farao SUPER A farao sunny Fuck that shit. There's no way I want to go up againt that shit. I like situations like last night where me and my partner hit one single number per round, then come back from a 6-3 bull defeceit to win the game. Maybe the worst cricket WIN I have ever experienced. I don't think we hit a single triple, or even more than 2 of a number all game long. Not only that, but BOTH teams threw MULTIPLE rounds of ZERO. It was great. Felt like I was in the E league.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 2nd 2011, 12:25 pm

BUCKY wrote:I don't know how Timmy even hit the board.
    Lot of swaying going on and one eye closed. Laughing

Then he would stagger back, and really had to focus and steady his hand so that he could GRAB HIS BEER. How the hell he took game one is BEYOND me! Seriously, if we had just gone with 5, and forfeitted all 3 of Timmy's games we would have only lost ONE POINT, and we would have been done almost TWO HOURS earlier!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 2nd 2011, 12:37 pm

So this is how Kevin Sawlitt (Assassins Captain) viewed the night...

ELECTROMAN
    Dart Sergeant

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:22 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendells 7

ASSASSINS 5

It used to be fun playing these guys BUT there seemed to be a deffining silence in the room last night.

The only two on wendells team that seemed to be having any sort of personality was Nemskel and Bucky.

Not that anyone on their team had a bad additude but they wern't very " talkative" if that is even a word.

Hopefully this is not a sign of what to expect the rest of the season for who ever plays them will be looking at a lame night.

We lost a lot of games last season but had a great repore with all we played againt.

Maybe it was just the weather or some other unknown problem but this is going to be a long season if this is gona be the additude that is brought to the match week after week.

I am looking forward to next weeks match against The Bimbos.
    I am sure that we won't see the same from them.

Queen Mel and her Bimbos i believe wrote the book on how to have fun and still be compettitive.

Can't say i ever had a bad experience playing them.
    22Yrs. MMDL.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 2nd 2011, 12:53 pm

So apparently we aren't talkative enough for the assassins, and Nemeskal and Bucky are the only one's with personalities. That's great. Seriously, I LOVE it. That's Nemeskal's job. He's irritating AND socially loveable all at the same time. Keep the other team distracted while we just take care of business and win games. What the FUCK do you want to talk about? The fact that none of us wanted to be there in the first place, or that we were all completely sick of the weather? We're not there to fucking TALK to you guys, hell we barely talk with each other. And after the first 3 301's and HALF the team leaves (including our ambassador Nemeskal), you were left an angry and pissy Dave, a fucking completely wasted and SLEEPING Timmy, and good ole Bucky. At least you had him! For the record, I personally didn't feel the night was "lame". I was disappointed, as I felt that we should have taken 8 or 9 even WITH our WATERED DOWN team. I was not happy to be playing in that weather, ESPECIALLY on the road. I was not happy with the seemingly ENDLESS delays we encountered (the Assassins seemed like they had NO desire to move the night along and that they were content to stay there forever.) And I was not particularly happy with the way I shot (even though I DID go 2-1, losing just the 501). But in the end, I WAS happy with the result of a 7-5 road win without our best team. Sorry that we could not make your night more enjoyable, but like I said, it's not our job to make our opponnents night "enjoyable", it's our job to win fucking matches and get BACK to the fucking STATE A CHAMPIONSHIP!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 2nd 2011, 3:12 pm

For the record, I consider a "perfect night" an 8PM start, a 9:30PM finish, with 7 wins or more ( and me going 3-0 ),preferrably within 15 minutes of my house, with the only "talk" centering around fantasy sports. Wink Very Happy
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY February 3rd 2011, 3:25 pm

The worst thing about last night,it was so FUCKING COLD in there at 7:30.
    I couldn't get my hands warm.
    Kenny will attest to that. He was just as cold. Shocked
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 3rd 2011, 3:32 pm

No, the WORST thing was losing our 501 match! Evil or Very Mad
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY February 3rd 2011, 3:46 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:No, the WORST thing was losing our 501 match! Evil or Very Mad

Alright,I'll give you that one!
    That did SUCK.
    I wasn't to happy about losing Cricket either. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 5:45 am