Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

5 posters

SSDA CHAMPIONSHIP

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

SSDA CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SSDA CHAMPIONSHIP

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 24th 2010, 2:42 am

So it's #2 Land Of The Free vs #1 Demonators for the SSDA SHAMPIONSHIP. And YES, it's the SSDA CHAMPIONSHIP. As far as I'm concerned, THIS is THE Championship of the SSDA. Everything else is meaningless. So Jakesy, who the hell is ON your team? We've got no internet rosters, and we've seen different players this season. Maguire said even he didn't recognize a couple of guys last night and he played in both matches against you guys. For the record, my team is...

Dave Wilke (A-Team)
    Brian Fernandez (A-Team)
    Mike Nemeskal (A-Team)
    Mike Maguire (Team Maguire / SI Legends)
    Eamon Medeiros (A-Team)
    Ken Hernandez (A-Team)
    Eric Claflin (Just The Tip *pdl* / SI Legends)
    Chip Perkins (Just The Tip *pdl* / SI Legends)
    Tim Gaughran (A-Team)
    Mark Dolan (A-Team rookie)
    Jakesy

SSDA CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SSDA CHAMPIONSHIP

Post  Jakesy August 24th 2010, 9:35 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:So it's #2 Land Of The Free vs #1 Demonators for the SSDA SHAMPIONSHIP. And YES, it's the SSDA CHAMPIONSHIP. As far as I'm concerned, THIS is THE Championship of the SSDA. Everything else is meaningless. So Jakesy, who the hell is ON your team? We've got no internet rosters, and we've seen different players this season. Maguire said even he didn't recognize a couple of guys last night and he played in both matches against you guys. For the record, my team is...

Dave Wilke (A-Team)
    Brian Fernandez (A-Team)
    Mike Nemeskal (A-Team)
    Mike Maguire (Team Maguire / SI Legends)
    Eamon Medeiros (A-Team)
    Ken Hernandez (A-Team)
    Eric Claflin (Just The Tip *pdl* / SI Legends)
    Chip Perkins (Just The Tip *pdl* / SI Legends)
    Tim Gaughran (A-Team)
    Mark Dolan (A-Team rookie)

Hey Dave, Looking forward to tonight we'll have a lot of fun with two great teams going at it.

Steve Jacques (Prophets of Doom / Assassins)
    Gary Estabrooks (Prophets of Doom / Makin Treble)
    Kenny Chubbuck (Prophets of Doom / Dirty Water)
    Brian Ruth (Prophets of Doom / Zen Archers)
    Nick G. (Prophets of Doom / Zen Archers)
    Bob Laracy (Prophets of Doom / Donkeys)
    Pat Gannon (Prophjets of Doom / Donkeys)
    Bucky MacWilliams (Makin Treble)
    Ron Packard ( ????? / Makin Treble)
    Fred Conley ( Makin Treble)
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY August 24th 2010, 1:08 pm

Could be an upset a brewin. Very Happy
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 24th 2010, 1:51 pm

Where are you playing 1st?
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 24th 2010, 2:06 pm

Chitown599 wrote:Where are you playing 1st?

Just saw today will be at the Polish club.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2010, 2:08 am

To quote the Big Lebowski, "A wiser fellow than myself once said, sometime you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar, well, he eats you." On the SURFACE it seems to make no sense, but TONIGHT it DOES. Just one of those nights. 4-7 Demonators leading. Had MULTIPLE chances, and let a lot of games get away. Taking nothing away from the Demons. They are a great squad. It's just the typical Super A deal, if you DO get a CHANCE to win, you better TAKE it, cause you don't get MANY. Bottom line is, they are awesome, we are pretty good. If we are given the opportunity to win a game, we need to take it, cause opportuinities from the Demonators don't come often. This 4-7 loss VERY EASILY could have been a 6-5 WIN! I'm VERY happy to be coming HOME next week. All I am thinking is that 7-4 at HOME forces OT. Stranger things have happened.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 25th 2010, 7:12 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:To quote the Big Lebowski, "A wiser fellow than myself once said, sometime you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar, well, he eats you." On the SURFACE it seems to make no sense, but TONIGHT it DOES. Just one of those nights. 4-7 Demonators leading. Had MULTIPLE chances, and let a lot of games get away. Taking nothing away from the Demons. They are a great squad. It's just the typical Super A deal, if you DO get a CHANCE to win, you better TAKE it, cause you don't get MANY. Bottom line is, they are awesome, we are pretty good. If we are given the opportunity to win a game, we need to take it, cause opportuinities from the Demonators don't come often. This 4-7 loss VERY EASILY could have been a 6-5 WIN! I'm VERY happy to be coming HOME next week. All I am thinking is that 7-4 at HOME forces OT. Stranger things have happened.

Seems I missed a good match last night. I may just have to take a ride to Norton, come next Tuesday. Just in case I don't make it, good luck to both teams.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 26th 2010, 1:30 pm

I need to get the "special wings" out nice and EARLY on Tuesday night. Should be a good match. We're far from done. Just need to throw our best and get a little lucky at the same time.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 26th 2010, 1:41 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:I need to get the "special wings" out nice and EARLY on Tuesday night. Should be a good match. We're far from done. Just need to throw our best and get a little lucky at the same time.

I've come back from being down 8-3 before, so it's not impossible. If I do come to watch, I will be wanting a large order to go, as I want my boss to taste them.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz August 27th 2010, 11:45 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:To quote the Big Lebowski, .

Dude!!!

I love that movie. cheers cheers
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 27th 2010, 11:51 am

MetalRulz wrote:
    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:To quote the Big Lebowski, .

Dude!!!

I love that movie. cheers cheers

I thought he was talking about the wrestler. Surprised Surprised Laughing Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 1st 2010, 3:06 am

GOD that was GOOD TONIGHT!!! Take NOTHING AWAY, it was a 12-8 Demonators OVER Land Of The Free VICTORY! The Makin Treble/Prophets Of Doom HYBRID mix SURELY was THE BEST TEAM of the SSDA. CONGRATS to those guys for a SPECTACULAR SEASON! THEY, in my mind, which is the ONLY mind on MY SITE that COUNTS, are TRULY the BEST TEAM in the ENTIRE SSDA. THAT, in itself, should be something to be VERY PROUD of. We gave it our BEST, and NEVER laid down. We won 3 straight crickets to make it 7-9 before losing 8-12. For me, I was VERY impressed with my team's resiliance. We lost the first 2 601's to go down 4-9. We were 2-7 (WITH A 2vs1 victory, so in essence, 1-7 against them in cricket) vs them all year, so things looked BAD...They even looked WORSE, since Gary, who was 3-6 vs us OVERALL, subsituted Freddie C instead of himself in EVERY MATCH (601, CR, AND 301) of the FINAL SUPER A SSDA CHAMPIOMSHIP GAME of the season, even though they had a 7-4 LEAD against us AND Freddie C hadn't played a SINGLE GAME in the THIRTEEN matches prior. Yes, it was absolutely WITHIN the rules, and OF COURSE, I, above ALL PEOPLE will DEFEND the RULES!!! Point is, they WIN, REGARDLESS!!! Demonators are BETTER. Demonators DESERVE to WIN. Demonators DID win. BUT, if I'm Gary, and I'M CAPTAIN of a SUPER A SUMMER TEAM, WITH a 7-4 LEAD over another team in the CHAMPIONSHIP, I DON'T sit MYSELF for ALL THREE games, and bring in a "ringer" who hasn't played ONE SINGLE GAME ALL SEASON to take my spot for ALL THREE GAMES of the Championship. DUDE! At LEAST put yourself in a 601, ESPECIALLY if you are going to come to the match and SCORE a bunch of games. CONGRATS to the DEMONATORS! I AM POSITIVE that at least SOME of you will be winning a MMDL SUPER A SOUTH AREA CHAMPIONSHIP (either with Makin Treble or Prophets of Doom). We wish you our best! Congrats, and the BEST team definitely won tonight.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY September 1st 2010, 12:02 pm

I would like to say Congrats to both teams that made it to the Championship.
    I really wanted to attend but was unable to.
    Hats off to the Demonators for becoming the SSDA SA Champs.
    Also hats off to my friends from Wendell's for making it to the finals.
    Sounds like it was one hell of a battle.
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy September 2nd 2010, 9:35 am

Sorry it took me so long to get on here, busy week. First, Thank you so much Dave and The Land of the Free team for a great championship match and a great fun season. Now the match and I'll say it first. You should be the SSDA champs. You could have and probably should have won it all. You out classed us on the board both nights except for one thing and one thing only, Outs. I want to say the first night, 4 of our 7 points were attributed to missed doubles by LOF. In night two, more of the same. You had shots at both 601's and sweeping the crickets? Well that was just plain phenomenal. In 301, I think Brian vs Brian we won straight up with great darts On our Brian's part. But the next game, Nemesskal had Fred C. by the balls in game 2 and let him off the hook. Fred shot 14 darts at the out to Mike's 12. Had he won, things could've been a lot different. As far as Freddy shooting, other than the first 601, he was a non factor. He lost his cricket and SHOULD have lost his 301. Bottom line is, you guy's should be VERY proud of your performance and very easily could've been the SSDA champs. It's the old adage, "Triples for show, Doubles for dough". Thanks for being a great host Dave and thank you VERY much for the board as a trophy. Personally it meant a lot to me being that in 20 of darts, this was my first championship. It meant a lot Thank you. I will miss not shooting against you guy's in the fall. If I was garanteed I'd be shooting against the A-Team every night, I'd travel to Norton every week, You guy's are that much fun.
    O.K now let's assess the REAL reason you lost. No Bucky, No Pom-Pom's, No win. I don't know what the fuck you were doing Bucky but it couldn't have been more important than showing up in your cheerleader outfit. Shocked Shocked Thanks again guys, good luck in the fall.
    Jakesy
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 3rd 2010, 12:42 pm

Jakesy wrote:Sorry it took me so long to get on here, busy week. First, Thank you so much Dave and The Land of the Free team for a great championship match and a great fun season. Now the match and I'll say it first. You should be the SSDA champs. You could have and probably should have won it all. You out classed us on the board both nights except for one thing and one thing only, Outs. I want to say the first night, 4 of our 7 points were attributed to missed doubles by LOF. In night two, more of the same. You had shots at both 601's and sweeping the crickets? Well that was just plain phenomenal. In 301, I think Brian vs Brian we won straight up with great darts On our Brian's part. But the next game, Nemesskal had Fred C. by the balls in game 2 and let him off the hook. Fred shot 14 darts at the out to Mike's 12. Had he won, things could've been a lot different. As far as Freddy shooting, other than the first 601, he was a non factor. He lost his cricket and SHOULD have lost his 301. Bottom line is, you guy's should be VERY proud of your performance and very easily could've been the SSDA champs. It's the old adage, "Triples for show, Doubles for dough". Thanks for being a great host Dave and thank you VERY much for the board as a trophy. Personally it meant a lot to me being that in 20 of darts, this was my first championship. It meant a lot Thank you. I will miss not shooting against you guy's in the fall. If I was garanteed I'd be shooting against the A-Team every night, I'd travel to Norton every week, You guy's are that much fun.
    O.K now let's assess the REAL reason you lost. No Bucky, No Pom-Pom's, No win. I don't know what the fuck you were doing Bucky but it couldn't have been more important than showing up in your cheerleader outfit. Shocked Shocked Thanks again guys, good luck in the fall.
    Jakesy

Yeah I want that board back!!! That was going to be the new Friday night board...WTF Mad Mad Mad These old Ton Machine boards suck compared to the Blade 3's. lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 1:17 pm