Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum


    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 2:36 am

    There was more GRINDING at the MECCA than at the Foxy Lady tonight!

    Predators 5
    @
    The A-Team 2 6

    Why should it be ANY DIFFERENT?!?!

    In THE season of 6-5's, or so it seems, we have yet ANOTHER 6-5 game. We had 7 games go 6-5 or 5-6 in the regular season, and this is our third playoff match to start 6-5, so that seems to be the theme. Hopefully the trend continues. Like the first two rounds, we find ourselves GRINDING. EVERY GAME so far in the playoffs has been a BATTLE. Both R09 and Zen Archers were EXTREMELY close, and now Predators come in and do the SAME THING. These truly HAVE been some GREAT GAMES to watch.

    601: Tully's 1-0 (Tully's)
    601: Wendell's 1-1 (Even)
    CR: Tully's 2-1 (Tully's)
    CR: Wendell's 2-2 (Even)
    CR: Wendell's 3-2 (Wendell's)
    301: Tully's 3-3 (Even)
    301: Tully's 4-3 (Tully's)
    301: Wendell's 4-4 (Even)
    301: Wendell's 5-4 (Wendell's)
    301: Wendell's 6-4 (Wendell's)
    301: Tully's 6-5 (Wendell's)

    Why do I have the feeling that it will be a MADHOUSE at Tully's next Tuesday?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 2:49 am

    SERIOUSLY, THIS COMPLETELY SHOWS why A is SO AWESOME! EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MATCH IS CLOSE!!! It TRULY IS ANYONE'S GAME, EVERY SINGLE GAME. It has been that way for us for the ENTIRE regular season in the A1 division, and now having played against 3 of the top 4 in the A2 division, i can TRULY say that THIS has been one of the MOST COMPETITIVE seasons that we have ever played in. EVERY single opponenet we have faced has been good. We've won AND lost. Hell, we're a THIRD PLACE TEAM, we've lost A LOT, but HONESTLY, this is probably THE MOST COMPETITIVE season we've ever been a part of. No matter the outcome, THANKS TO ALL.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : 8 miles East of the Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  BUCKY on December 29th 2010, 9:08 am

    Nice Job Wendell's
    There were some awesome battles last night.
    Sorry I couldn't stay for the finale but I was just too tired.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 12:57 pm

    Yeah, that happens when you talk to NELLIE. Wink
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 1:00 pm

    I love this post on Sewa by Vin Morrissey:

    VMoe
    Dart Sergeant



    Joined: Jan 18, 2010
    Posts: 151
    Location: Braintree
    Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:16 am Post subject:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah we're down 6-5. Close match. We let a few get away. I think we had a bit of a hangover from our last match and felt a little out of our element last night. You could hear a pin drop most of the match. There were players hanging out in the bar not even watching the match and not just the other team but guys from our team too. One guy won a leg and not one person on his team was there to cheer for him.

    Trust me that's going to change come next Tuesday at Tullys. We need the passion, the noise, the people bumping into you as you shoot, the inadvertant shout out from the drunk at the bar to get us going:lol:


    GO TULLYS!

    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 1:18 pm

    Dude, welcome to the A-Team. Very Happy This is what we do. Darts is like our job. You do the shit you need to do and that's it. We don't go crazy celebrating. Hell, we rarely even clap. I don't need or even care if i've got people cheering me on. We are there to do one simple job, and that is win the game you play, period. As long as you do that, I could care less if you want to go smoke, watch the Bruins, play Golden Tee, or go discuss fantasy sports at the bar. I'm actally shocked that we had the whole team there at the end. Usually it's win your game and go. This isn't our lives, it's more like our profession. We've been doing this for 20 years now. We did the whole cheering and going crazy thing way back in the day. No need for it anymore. This isn't a FUN thing, it's WORK. The "fun" comes only if you win. Hopefully we'll have fun next Tuesday. Wink
    avatar
    dwalsh

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2010-05-07

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  dwalsh on December 29th 2010, 1:21 pm

    So it's work and your "profession"?? Hmmmmmm....like to take you up on that someday...say 500.00 for Charity....seeing as it's your profession.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

    Posts : 221
    Join date : 2010-05-07

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  JustTheFacts on December 29th 2010, 1:48 pm

    dwalsh wrote:So it's work and your "profession"?? Hmmmmmm....like to take you up on that someday...say 500.00 for Charity....seeing as it's your profession.

    There's a challenge..... Rolling Eyes
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 1:52 pm

    I'm saying it's my job, i'm not saying I'm GOOD at it. All I do is try to surround myself with greatness, then figure out where I should put the pieces. I'm probably the 3rd best player on the team, but I GUARENTEE you NOBODY would be a better captain. I spend HOURS researching shit. Take yesterdays match. I probably know more about Tully's than they know about themselves. For every match, I print out every single match report for the season. I then research every single players stats for both the current year, AND overall. I then break it down on how good each player is both home and away, and what position they usually play on both the road and at home. That usually gives me a pretty good indication of where each person is going to play, and how good they are statistically. If we've played them before, and are familiar with them, I then add to the mix of how good I actually think they are since statistics can sometimes lie. Then I pull out the match reports of just the games vs the opponnents we just played (in this case R09 and Zen Archers) and I look at the matchups to see who beat who to again help me gage how good a player actually is. For example, did they beat Sean Moran, or did they just beat Kevin Cotter. This allows me to try and match up my players to the guys that I hope they will play against. General rule of thumb is try and put my worst guy against thier best. A sacrifice if you will. 9 times out of 10, nobody on our team is going to beat their "ringer" so you might as well throw your worst guy to the wolves and hope you have the advantage on the rest. There's no bonus points for big wins. A 6-5 win every week wins it for you EVERY time. No need to be fancy about it. After I do that, I repeat the process with the crickets, which takes much longer because of the multiple combinations there are. After the match, I immediately go home and write down notes on each match and again rank the other team on how good they are. People often disregard the job of a captain. Anyone can just write names down on a piece of paper. To win, or at least have an advantage to put yourself in the best POSITION to win, takes a little work.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 1:54 pm

    So, to answer you question, no, I have no desire to play darts against you for money. However, I will challenge you to the most in depth and colorful spreadsheet contest any day!
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  MetalRulz on December 29th 2010, 2:03 pm

    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:I'm saying it's my job, i'm not saying I'm GOOD at it. All I do is try to surround myself with greatness, then figure out where I should put the pieces. I'm probably the 3rd best player on the team, but I GUARENTEE you NOBODY would be a better captain. I spend HOURS researching shit. Take yesterdays match. I probably know more about Tully's than they know about themselves. For every match, I print out every single match report for the season. I then research every single players stats for both the current year, AND overall. I then break it down on how good each player is both home and away, and what position they usually play on both the road and at home. That usually gives me a pretty good indication of where each person is going to play, and how good they are statistically. If we've played them before, and are familiar with them, I then add to the mix of how good I actually think they are since statistics can sometimes lie. Then I pull out the match reports of just the games vs the opponnents we just played (in this case R09 and Zen Archers) and I look at the matchups to see who beat who to again help me gage how good a player actually is. For example, did they beat Sean Moran, or did they just beat Kevin Cotter. This allows me to try and match up my players to the guys that I hope they will play against. General rule of thumb is try and put my worst guy against thier best. A sacrifice if you will. 9 times out of 10, nobody on our team is going to beat their "ringer" so you might as well throw your worst guy to the wolves and hope you have the advantage on the rest. There's no bonus points for big wins. A 6-5 win every week wins it for you EVERY time. No need to be fancy about it. After I do that, I repeat the process with the crickets, which takes much longer because of the multiple combinations there are. After the match, I immediately go home and write down notes on each match and again rank the other team on how good they are. People often disregard the job of a captain. Anyone can just write names down on a piece of paper. To win, or at least have an advantage to put yourself in the best POSITION to win, takes a little work.

    Wow.... I guess that's why they call you the king. lol! silent
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 2:06 pm

    I'm only really good at a handful of things... Bartending, Planning trips, Fantasy Sports (with a SPECIALTY in Fantasy Golf), and dart stats. GOD HELP YOU if you want to CHALLENGE me at ANY of those! king
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  MetalRulz on December 29th 2010, 2:14 pm

    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:I'm only really good at a handful of things... Bartending, Planning trips, Fantasy Sports (with a SPECIALTY in Fantasy Golf), and dart stats. GOD HELP YOU if you want to CHALLENGE me at ANY of those! king

    Wait... What have you won in fantasy sports??? Shocked Shocked Golf really doesn't count when you only have one other person to beat!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 2:30 pm

    Are you CHALLENGING ME? Golf starts next week big man, I'll send you the link. Be warned though, I don't lose when it comes to Fantasy Golf. As far as the other sports go, I've been to the CBS Baseball Championship 3 times (and got TOTALLY SCREWED by 2 points one year when they called the final Red Sox game vs Baltimore cause of rain with Papi and Brian Roberts ready to win me a CHAMPIONSHIP!). I've got NUMEROUS #1 seeds (which PAYS OUT by the way) in both football AND baseball. I WON our old Yahoo league TWICE. I NEVER LOST when we played the old "salary cap" football back in the day. I win the Pick Ems almost EVERY single year in both football and baseball. I absolutely CRUSHED the one year we played Fantasy Basketball if you remember. Just need one of those damned CBS League cups!
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  MetalRulz on December 29th 2010, 2:36 pm

    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Are you CHALLENGING ME? Golf starts next week big man, I'll send you the link. Be warned though, I don't lose when it comes to Fantasy Golf. As far as the other sports go, I've been to the CBS Baseball Championship 3 times (and got TOTALLY SCREWED by 2 points one year when they called the final Red Sox game vs Baltimore cause of rain with Papi and Brian Roberts ready to win me a CHAMPIONSHIP!). I've got NUMEROUS #1 seeds (which PAYS OUT by the way) in both football AND baseball. I WON our old Yahoo league TWICE. I NEVER LOST when we played the old "salary cap" football back in the day. I win the Pick Ems almost EVERY single year in both football and baseball. I absolutely CRUSHED the one year we played Fantasy Basketball if you remember. Just need one of those damned CBS League cups!

    OK.... let me rephrase... In the modern era of fantasy sports how many CHAMPIONSHIPS have you won? IN REAL SPORTS... not a fucking 2 man golf league. Or some lame yahoo basketball league!!! Basketball
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 2:50 pm

    First off, the golf league used to be a FIVE man league, but Brian and Eamon quit when they realized how fucking DOMINANT I am, and Fitzy...well he died. That being said, I am still looking for the elusive CBS 16 team Wendell League Cup, that is true. But i DID just win my SECOND Yahoo baseball league (with my high school buddies) this past season. Sorry E, you're not in ALL of my Fantasy Leagues. Just because you're not in it, doesn't mean they don't count.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : 8 miles East of the Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  BUCKY on December 29th 2010, 3:09 pm

    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Yeah, that happens when you talk to NELLIE. Wink

    Razz
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  MetalRulz on December 29th 2010, 3:23 pm

    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:First off, the golf league used to be a FIVE man league, but Brian and Eamon quit when they realized how fucking DOMINANT I am, and Fitzy...well he died. That being said, I am still looking for the elusive CBS 16 team Wendell League Cup, that is true. But i DID just win my SECOND Yahoo baseball league (with my high school buddies) this past season. Sorry E, you're not in ALL of my Fantasy Leagues. Just because you're not in it, doesn't mean they don't count.

    Oh SORRY... The CCHS league of fags must be a real tough league. What a Face I'm sure almost as tough as the Warriors back in the day. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 3:38 pm

    Warriors........Come out and PLAAAY!
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

    Posts : 324
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : 8 miles East of the Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  BUCKY on December 29th 2010, 3:46 pm

    Don't make me lock this thread.
    Stay on the subject at hand.

    Yours Truly
    KING FRIDAY king
    avatar
    dwalsh

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2010-05-07

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  dwalsh on December 29th 2010, 3:50 pm

    Just what I figured...nothing but fantasy in your head. Evil or Very Mad
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 29th 2010, 4:17 pm

    My whole LIFE is one big FANTASY!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 187
    Join date : 2010-10-04

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  Chris on December 29th 2010, 9:47 pm

    Hell if you get any openings in fantasy baseball or football, I'd like a crack at it. Guessing not though..
    avatar
    Drtr

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2010-08-27

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  Drtr on December 30th 2010, 12:08 pm

    Then I pull out the match reports of just the games vs the opponnents we just played (in this case R09 and Zen Archers) and I look at the matchups to see who beat who to again help me gage how good a player actually is. For example, did they beat Sean Moran, or did they just beat Kevin Cotter.

    Dave, That hurt!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

    Posts : 724
    Join date : 2010-04-30
    Location : The Mecca

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  EyesOfTheWorld on December 30th 2010, 1:15 pm

    no offense Kev, but you're no Sean Moran!

    Sponsored content

    MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE Empty Re: MMDL SS A CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT ONE

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is June 26th 2019, 12:57 pm