Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+2
BUCKY
Chris
6 posters

First captain's meeting

Chris

First captain's meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: First captain's meeting

Post  Chris January 11th 2011, 3:14 pm

Eyes, curious about this..is that extra 2 miles to the Rockland matches THAT much of a killer versus going to the Polish Club?

Still getting a last minute team here and there..never know what is going to pop up.

Don't forget that, assuming they turned in teams, you'll have a Quincy, a Plymouth, and a Brockton team moving to A. Sounds like the time might be right to shake up the travel a little bit in the A divisions..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 11th 2011, 4:19 pm

Chris wrote:Eyes, curious about this..is that extra 2 miles to the Rockland matches THAT much of a killer versus going to the Polish Club?

Still getting a last minute team here and there..never know what is going to pop up.

Don't forget that, assuming they turned in teams, you'll have a Quincy, a Plymouth, and a Brockton team moving to A. Sounds like the time might be right to shake up the travel a little bit in the A divisions..

For the record, I hate going to Abington as well. That includes the Townhouse, Polish Club, and Cellar. Avon's not bad cause it's right off the highway. I'd actually RATHER play PLYMOUTH than Rockland OR Abington. Straight shot down 44. Give us the Plymouth & Brockton and A2 can have Rockland and Quincy.

With Assassins moving down and 3 division winners from B moving up, we need 4 spots to accommodate them.

I assume A2 has a MINIMUM of 2 spots. (Tully's going to SA and Gamblers going down to wherever).

If everyone from A1 returns, SOMEONE will have to move down to make room for the Assassins. (More than likely the LAST place Whitman team No Chance, or 6th place Guess What, or 5th place Tons Of Fun....maybe even TWO need to move down, OR 1 move down and another A having to move up, such as 1st place Nemesis or 2nd place Death Row or Round of Nine)

In a perfect world, Tripped moves from A1 to A2, O'Tooles moves down, and either Nemesis moves up to SA or the NEW Guess What moves to B.

Then, in A2, Predators move up to SA, and Gamblers move down to E. That gives 3 spots in A1 and 1 spot in A2. A1 takes Assassins, Plymouth, and Brockton (Yaay) and A2 gets Tripped and Pretenders. Giving us:

A1:
    Norton
    Avon X2
    Plymouth
    and either Brockton (Yaay) + Abington X3 (Nemesis, Bimbos, Tons Of Fun)
    OR Brockton X2 (Yaay & Guess What) + Abington X2(Bimbos & Tons Of Fun)

A2:
    Rockland X3 (Tripped, Bad Influence, Straight Shots)
    Quincy X2 (Fox, Pretenders)
    Hull X2 (VFW & C-Note)
    Weymouth (R09)

Very simple, and the best possible travel combinations for all.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 11th 2011, 5:01 pm

Of course the biggest single problem right now that I see is that it assumes all come back..might have to be a bye or someone from B making a jump as a non-winning team..or a poor A team staying.

What to do, what to do..can't make everyone happy..

On Hull..who are you looking at out of the VFW? They closed before Fall season..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 11th 2011, 8:41 pm

VFW...Steve's Place...whatever you want to call it....the OTHER Hull team. I like to call it that place that's WICKED far away with no easy way to get to it.

You're the AD...The meeting was LAST WEEK. #1, who DID NOT turn in a roster from last year's two A divisions, and #2 have you been in contact with them as to if they just forgot, or are not putting a team in. Like I said, the meeting was a WEEK AGO. You would think, BY NOW, you would know who is in and who is out. Hell, the 2nd meeting (when the Schedules need to be COMPLETED) is in two weeks. Time for teams to shit or get off the pot, ESPECIALLY since they are ALREADY a WEEK late.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 12th 2011, 2:04 am

Been PAST time for teams to shit or get off the pot..or take whatever is left henceforth. I'm not chasing people..got better things to do with my time.

Not to mention, I think I have a good handle on what I got so far..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 13th 2011, 3:34 pm

GOD! Without internet for TWO whole days! That was BRUTAL! Anyways, back to the matter... Which A teams DID NOT turn in rosters?
    Drtr

Post  Drtr January 17th 2011, 9:24 am

ABA, If you are setting up the 2 A divisions STRICTLY due to travel that will please Dave, However I know alot of the other teams would like to see it mixed up a little bit, by tossing some of the A1 and A2 teams in the other division, maybe playing some different squads!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 17th 2011, 11:21 am

Fuck that shit! That's what the PLAYOFF'S are for. Don't be stupid. Fucking up travel for people will just piss people off. That was the EXACT reason so many teams LEFT the MMDL to form the Patriot Dart League. The AD at the time fucked the travel up SO BAD that virtually EVERY team in this area LEFT the league (with MOST of them NEVER coming back). If you are looking to REDUCE the amount of teams you have and have people QUIT the MMDL, go with Drtr's concept of putting teams together in divisions that are no where near each other. However, if you want to keep peace, harmony and happiness in the league, keep the divisions as close to each other as you can.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr January 17th 2011, 12:15 pm

Looks like I hit the Spot!!!!!!
    Drtr

Post  Drtr January 17th 2011, 12:17 pm

Dave, Whats the difference between you playing the Bimbos or us??
    The answer is about 4mins, cause thats how far the Polish Club is from us.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr January 17th 2011, 12:19 pm

I'm not sayin switching it to completely Fuck up the travel, one or 2 teams to switch things up alittle, can you live with that?
    Or do the divisions have to remain the same forever?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 17th 2011, 1:42 pm

First off, I'm not a big fan of the division I am in to BEGIN with, but it just so happens it's the BEST possible scenario given the teams involved. As stated before, I ALREADY HATE going to Abington, but deal with it. That's about my LIMIT. Avon & Brockton - totally fine. Don't even really have a huge problem with Plymouth since it's pretty much a straight shot down 495 and across 44. I'd EVEN take QUINCY before Abington, Rockland, Hull, or Weymouth. Again, almost ALL straight highway travel. In a perfect world, we'd get the Taunton's, Norwood's, Walpole's, and Easton's of the world. Unfortunately, all the REAL competition from this area now plays in the Patriot Dart League. In fact, from what Big E says, it sounds as if the Patriot League might even be BETTER competition than the MMDL's A division right now, with the FURTHEST travel about 10-15 minutes, and most within FIVE minutes. Hell, our CLOSEST competition isn't even that far. All I'm saying is that if you start fucking up the travel WORSE than what it ALREADY is, prepare to lose teams. Weymouth needs to play Hull. They are practically the same town as far as we're concerned. If you could ever get a situation with all the Abingtons to go with Weymouth, Rockland, and Hull, that would be even BETTER!
    Drtr

Post  Drtr January 18th 2011, 6:49 am

Dave you make NO FUCKING SENSE at all, First of all, the 16 teams in A are what they are CORRECT??
    2nd-4 MINUTES and a, straight shot down rt 18, or if you come off of rt 3 you drive past OUR bar to get to the Polish Club, If your going to the Polish Club or Rockland anyway What The Hell is the difference in Weymouth?
    And if you feel you will get BETTER COMPETITION in The Patriot league, Then GO!, I wouldn't want to see that happen, because I think Your team brings good competition to the A division in The MMDL
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 18th 2011, 12:23 pm

You are making my exact point. I DO NOT WANT to have to go to Rockland, and I'd PREFER not to go to Abington. You DO know where Norton is right? It's NOWHERE near Rt 3. We would NEVER take Rt 3 to ABINGTON. In fact, if we are EVER on Rt. 3, we are TOO FAR. Anything near 95 is our PREFERRED highway. It's pretty much impossible to have this discussion WITHOUT having the 16 teams that are in the mix, and ABA seems to be quite tight lipped on who is staying and who is leaving A. All I'm saying is that out of 16 teams, I'm going to bet that Weymouth is not one of the 7 closest bars to Norton. If they ARE, then it's going to be a REAL LONG season.
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY January 18th 2011, 2:28 pm

Hell, I don't even want to drive to Norton. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 9:59 pm