Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

4 posters

Good Job!!!

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Good Job!!! Empty Good Job!!!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 25th 2011, 1:40 am

I'm always one of the first to criticize, so let me now be one of the first to congratulate. Nice work with the A division. Very LOGICAL division set ups. Good Job.

A1
    Steve's, HULL
    Sly Fox, QUINCY
    Tully's, QUINCY
    Eagles, ROCKLAND
    Gametime, ROCKLAND
    Moose, PLYMOUTH
    Panda Palace, WEYMOUTH
    O'Toole's, WHITMAN

A2
    Polish Club, ABINGTON (X2 Bimbos & Nemesis)
    Townhouse, ABINGTON
    Shooters, AVON (X2 Assassins & Death Row)
    Vega Club, BROCKTON (X2 Yaay & Guess What)
    Wendell's, NORTON
    Chris

Good Job!!! Empty Re: Good Job!!!

Post  Chris January 25th 2011, 3:19 am

Thanks Dave. I'd like to change it up a little in the future perhaps, just to keep a couple of fresh faces each season, but without knowing what I will get every season....

As you noticed, got a couple of changes there. The Straight Shots never turned in a team. I know their capt talked to me at the 1st fall meeting about going to B saying they got killed every week, lost players etc. 5th place and the same team to a man is what I found when I looked closer. I got an email and replied stating that I had looked at this and these were my finding etc..and traveling would have been greater even if I had been able to place them in B. Obviously common sense dictates I'd like to keep them if I can do it but I can only do so much.

No Zen Archers..wish I could say I was surprised but I'm not. They had a lot of turnover entering last fall season, were down to 6 I believe, no more than 7. Two of them were a husband and wife, rumor has it they are expecting a child so that is a problem for sure with a 7 person team at the outset. Hoping I get these guys back though, never had any issues with them and they seem like a good bunch from the one or two of them I have met.

No Gamblers either..yeah I know not an A team but just sayin.

Unfortunately, there may be changes forthcoming before the start of the season. Just rumors so far so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut.

Dave, were you there at the start of the meeting? If not, when did you get there..just curious..
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY January 25th 2011, 9:55 am

PERFECT
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 25th 2011, 12:12 pm

So that means we have two away matches now that one of our better shooters is not allowed to attend. FUCKING BULLSHIT
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 25th 2011, 1:16 pm

Dude, if B-Rod is one of your BETTER shooters, you're in trouble. I'd say he's no better than 5th on your squad. 4th TOPS!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 25th 2011, 1:18 pm

And yes Chris, I was there for the whole thing. Stuck way in the back though, the place was packed. I heard your speech from the beginning.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 25th 2011, 1:27 pm

Too bad some other people didn't hear it, or listen to it. One of my big things was do not ask me to make schedule changes, due to all the work that goes into this and that I try to be fair to everyone over the course of time...and if you feel like there's ongoing stuff pls discuss with me so I can help you if I can.

Seems like some feel that doesn't apply to them..oh waaa we have to play in Taunton we probly can't play..gimme a fucking break. This from the same team that hasn't left Quincy once in the past 2 seasons..

Makes me wonder if I'm not just talking to the frigging wall...and why do I bother..
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY January 25th 2011, 1:29 pm

And Bucky is playing for ....%$#@!& *&%*&^ #*&#$ Laughing
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 25th 2011, 3:08 pm

BUCKY wrote:And Bucky is playing for ....%$#@!& *&%*&^ #*&#$ Laughing

As long as you're playing in our division!!! Bucky's like a drum to a kid....you just can't help but beat him! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY January 25th 2011, 3:17 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:

As long as you're playing in our division!!! Bucky's like a drum to a kid....you just can't help but beat him! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hey Matt, You better check my record against Death Row last season.
    4-1 Very Happy
    Seems like I was the one doing the beating. Very Happy
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 25th 2011, 3:21 pm

BUCKY wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

Hey Matt, You better check my record against Death Row last season.
    4-1 Very Happy
    Seems like I was the one doing the beating. Very Happy

Yeah, but your loss was to Tilton!!! Shocked
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Post  BUCKY January 25th 2011, 3:28 pm

True... Laughing
    He actually shot an awesome 301 that night.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 25th 2011, 4:06 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:So that means we have two away matches now that one of our better shooters is not allowed to attend. FUCKING BULLSHIT

Only other way would be to put you guys and the Vega in separate divisions, dude. The thought was that it was best left as is..if that changes then of course we can revisit in the future..

That said obviously there would be the likelihood of more traveling for some weeks..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 25th 2011, 5:38 pm

Chris wrote:Too bad some other people didn't hear it, or listen to it. One of my big things was do not ask me to make schedule changes, due to all the work that goes into this and that I try to be fair to everyone over the course of time...and if you feel like there's ongoing stuff pls discuss with me so I can help you if I can.

Seems like some feel that doesn't apply to them..oh waaa we have to play in Taunton we probly can't play..gimme a fucking break. This from the same team that hasn't left Quincy once in the past 2 seasons..

Makes me wonder if I'm not just talking to the frigging wall...and why do I bother..

For the record, I LOVE playing in Taunton. Very Happy
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 25th 2011, 5:41 pm

The Quincy teams ALWAYS bitch. God forbid they have to leave town ONCE or TWICE. God, what would they do if EVERY MATCH was at least 40 minutes away? They bitch even with 10-15 minute road trips. They don't even know the MEANING of travel.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 25th 2011, 5:54 pm

I can see why, because some are conditioned to zero travel, but it's a numbers game. Can't give something that you don't have to give..and Jesus Christ on roller skates one of the teams that bitched up a storm hasn't left Quincy in 2 seasons (maybe more, I didn't need to go further back than that).
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 25th 2011, 6:07 pm

The Quincy teams were always catered to. That's why you NEVER saw a Quincy team in A or Super A until recently. If they didn't have an all Quincy division, they wouldn't play. Everyone ELSE has to travel, why shouldn't THEY?
    Chris

Post  Chris January 25th 2011, 7:44 pm

Some years ago I THINK Quincy had teams in Super A...and I think quite a few. This would have been back in the early 2000's so I would have to look back on the site to be sure.

Common logic is if you have a few teams in the same city or town that they stay together..and of course Quincy has so many bars that it happens there.

While it stands to reason the league isn't trying to impose hardship on anyone, competitive ability is the first thing to be looked at..then travel should be minimized if at all possible. I've never bought into the "oh after a few beers", please grow up..

Back when I started we were in Whitman..plenty of Rockland/Abington teams in our level, we never got to play them because we always went to Plymouth/Marshfield bars several times a season and I myself drove home quite a few times from those matches with a good amount of drink in my system. If it's THAT important to teams, have one guy drive or if you REALLY want to drink that bad deal with it. Having a bar owner tell me "my guys like to drink so they don't want to travel" in the past..yikes..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 25th 2011, 8:29 pm

Everyone likes to drink. Drinking's not the problem, GETTING CAUGHT is. Gotta be careful.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 25th 2011, 10:24 pm

Amen brother..I suck at not getting caught haha

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 26th 2011, 3:37 pm

Chris wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:So that means we have two away matches now that one of our better shooters is not allowed to attend. FUCKING BULLSHIT

Only other way would be to put you guys and the Vega in separate divisions, dude. The thought was that it was best left as is..if that changes then of course we can revisit in the future..

That said obviously there would be the likelihood of more traveling for some weeks..

Right...the Vega banned him...let them play in the other division. not like they're going to actually make the playoffs anyway now that Bucky's gone! Shocked Shocked Shocked
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 26th 2011, 4:07 pm

Are you crazy? The Vega is the CLOSEST away team on our schedule. No way we want to lose them. Maybe your teammate will think twice about WHERE he takes a shit next time. Gotta be the most disgusting thing I have ever heard someone do. Just HORRIBLE! Besides, like I said before, B-Rod isn't even CLOSE to one of your best guys. Scott, Joe, and Matt are all WAY ahead of him on the depth chart. In fact, his 18-22 (45%) 301 record over the past 3 seasons is the WORST on the entire team.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 26th 2011, 4:20 pm

Maybe we can get a Quincy team to fill in some far away travel spots?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 12:37 pm