Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

5 posters

Week #1

MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Week #1 Empty Week #1

Post  MetalRulz September 6th 2011, 1:07 pm

Let's do this!!! Just the Tip is @ Beckett's Pub in walpole tonight. Wow... haven't played there in a couple years, it should be fun. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Week #1 Empty Re: Week #1

Post  MetalRulz September 6th 2011, 1:13 pm

Eye's don't forget to keep track of all your teams all star points. If you don't know what they are here you go.

170 In 1
    170 Out 1
    3rd Round 301 3
    Black Hat 4
    Hat Trick 2
    High In 1
    High Out 1
    Perfect 301 5
    Round of 9 3
    Ton Eighty 4
    White Horse 3
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 6th 2011, 3:16 pm

Social Assassins make their debut at HOME vs Bull's On Parade (KC's, Pawtucket)
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 7th 2011, 12:17 pm

Well that was a pretty fun start!

KC's Bulls On Parade 4
    @
    Social Assassins 4

KC's takes tiebreaker on THIRD tiebreaking game.

GREAT MATCH. Half the matches went 3 games, with a total of 23 total dart games played including OT. STILL managed to finish by 10:45. Super competitive. I had the highest IN of the night with 156. Ken had the highest Out with 109. One of their guys got a Hat Trick. All the games were extremely close with each team splitting the 501's the Crickets, the 301's, AND the singles crickets. Back and forth the entire way. I'd say these guys were the toughest DIVSIONAL opponnet we've faced, not including Super A's. They said it was the most competitive match they've ever had. Looking forward to facing them again as well as some fresh faces.

On a side note, the format was really liked by our team. There's only 8 matches (as opposed to the MMDL's 12), but ALL of them are best 2 out of 3, so you actually get to play more darts, and you only need 4 players to show to have a full squad.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 7th 2011, 12:22 pm

Great night for Just the Tip last night!!! cheers

JTT - 7

Full Tilt - 1

oh and Adam had 2 high ins on the night. 2T0,T. I on the other hand was nice enough to give the other team their 1pt losing in the 3rd game of the last cricket.
    Chris

Post  Chris September 7th 2011, 3:33 pm

What is your PDL roster, Dave? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's no more than 6 players?
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh September 7th 2011, 10:05 pm

That was fun, they made us feel very welcomed into this league, fun night all around.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 8th 2011, 12:01 am

We have a 6 man roster, but you only need 4 for a full team. Our team is the same guys we've had for years. Me, cousin Brian, Nemeskal, Eamon, Nellie, and Ken. Unfortunately, there was not enough room for Timmy and Bucky.

Format is:
    TWO team 501's, best 2 of 3, Double In / Double Out.
    TWO team Crickets, best 2 of 3.
    TWO SINGLES 301, best 2 of 3.
    TWO SINGLES Crickets, best 2 of 3.

In the event of a TIE, there is an OVERTIME, and it consists of:
    ONE team 501, SINGLE game, Double In / Double Out
    ONE team Cricket, SINGLE game.
    If STILL tied, then there is a diddle for middle with team closest to cork getting to choose either a team 501 or a team Cricket for final game.

If every match went 3 games and you played all 3 OT games, it would be a total of 27 games.

During the regular match play, a player can play 3 different times MAX (1 team 501, 1 team CR, and 1 singles EITHER 301 OR CR).
    In Overtime, you pick two players to play 501. At ANY point in time, EVEN in the middle of a turn, you can pull a guy and substitute another guy, HOWEVER, once a guy is pulled he is ineligible to come back for ALL of OT. If you want, you could play just 2 guys in all 3 OT games.

You are ranked by Win/Loss with points being the tiebreaker. So, in the event of a 4-4 tie, whoever wins the OT gets the WIN, but you both get the 4 points.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 8th 2011, 12:04 am

I really like the fact that the OT games are all TEAM games. This being a TEAM sport, it doesn't come down to ONE single guy who can win it for any team. He's got to do it with a partner.
    mark
    mark

Post  mark September 8th 2011, 10:07 am

Nice and concise. Only thing is that you can't pull a player in OT during his throw.

It took a long time to come up with this format, but it's aged well. The only difference in the lower divisions is less best-of-three games; OT doesn't change.

And we've gotten rid of constant cork throws, coin tosses, and mugs away while balancing leg starts and preserving home team advantage - unless it gets to OT, of course, where the away team has earned the advantage.
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh September 8th 2011, 2:09 pm

Oh, I thought we were told otherwise, that you could pull a player in OT during his throw?
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 8th 2011, 2:24 pm

AcesHigh wrote:Oh, I thought we were told otherwise, that you could pull a player in OT during his throw?

You mean you haven't read the rule book? WTF get on it. lol Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 8th 2011, 2:48 pm

I was just going by what the other team told us. They said last year they pulled a guy after he shot his first dart at bull and put in a guy to hit a double bull with the last 2 darts. Now we know. It didn't actually factor in Tuesday's game.
    mark
    mark

Post  mark September 8th 2011, 4:15 pm

Ah, guess Shawn's got it wrong. It's not specifically called out in the rules or the match play sheet in the captain's kit. Guess I'll have to add it...and notify everyone in case some other people "know" the wrong rule.
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh September 8th 2011, 8:21 pm

MetalRulz wrote:
    AcesHigh wrote:Oh, I thought we were told otherwise, that you could pull a player in OT during his throw?

You mean you haven't read the rule book? WTF get on it. lol Laughing

Rule book, hell, I don't even know WTF a hat trick is, educate me old wise one! clown
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 9th 2011, 12:25 pm

Rule book, hell, I don't even know WTF a hat trick is, educate me old wise one! clown [/quote]

Ace(s) - The double one in '01
    Black Hat - Hitting 3 double bulls in one throw
    Happy Meal - A score of 69
    Hattrick - Scoring all three darts of a turn in the bull
    Round of 9 - Throwing three triples in one turn
    White Horse - Scoring three triples in Cricket (in some leagues, it has to be 3 different scoring triples)

Here you go grasshopper...The terms in Red are just terms i thought you may be interested in. Laughing Laughing
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh September 9th 2011, 12:36 pm

Thank you Old Wise One! Not sure if you are more of a Yoda or Mr. Miyagi, but thanks again!

I did like the the Aces and Happy Meal ones!

MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 9th 2011, 12:41 pm

AcesHigh wrote:Thank you Old Wise One! Not sure if you are more of a Yoda or Mr. Miyagi, but thanks again!

I did like the the Aces and Happy Meal ones!

I would say more like Buddha. Shocked
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh September 9th 2011, 5:16 pm

Dave, shouldn't you have gotten credit for the Aces (double 1's in '01)?
    mark
    mark

Post  mark September 11th 2011, 11:59 am

Our notables are (rules section 6):

• Cricket: White Horse, Round of 9, Hat Trick, Black Hat
    • '01: 170 in/out, 180, High on/out
    • 301: Perfect Game, 3rd Round
    • 501: Perfect Game

Definitions are in the rule book.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 13th 2011, 12:38 pm

AcesHigh wrote:Dave, shouldn't you have gotten credit for the Aces (double 1's in '01)?

Sorry Ace... The terms in red don't count in the league. They're just some dart terminology I thought was funny!! lol!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 14th 2011, 12:02 am

I am on FIRE with the DOUBLE 1 right now. Have Doubled IN on it FIVE times in the past 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I was actually going for the Double 18.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 6:42 am