Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

4 posters

*Week Four*

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

*Week Four* Empty *Week Four*

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 28th 2011, 9:49 am

Well, that "B" shooter Bob Personeni came in and kicked our ass tonight. He won all 3 of his games, including taking out our best shooter (Brian) in singles. That puts him at 91-8 (92%) over EIGHT seasons in singles matches, and 233-61 (79%) Overall. It's good to know that if the MMDL considers him a "B" player, then we should DEFINITELY be allowed to go to C or D if we ever decided to return.

Projectile Dysfunction 6
    @
    Social Assassins 2

Definitely got our first taste of the upper eschilon of this division. This undefeated squad completely rolled us, and most of the matches weren't even that close, with only 2 games of the 8 going 3. Definitely one of the best teams we have ever played. Better than almost every Super A team we have ever faced in the MMDL, and definitely better than EVERY 'A' team we have ever come across. Granted, as a whole, we didn't play nearly a good as we can last night, but even if we did, we would have been looking at O.T. at best. Time to re-group and figure out what we need to do to beat these guys.

The GOOD news was that we were completely done by 10:10PM. Thank-GOD cause HALF our team was completely wiped out from our 4 day trip to Buffalo for the Wendell's Pats trip. Let's just say that after the weekend we just had, we didn't have our normal drinking shoes on last night, and our minds and darts were definitely not up to par.
    dwalsh

*Week Four* Empty Re: *Week Four*

Post  dwalsh September 28th 2011, 11:14 am

Well if Bob came in and kicked all your asses,that just tells me more about your team than it does about Bob.Sounds like you are enjoying the"best league in Mass."Isn't that all that really matters??
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 28th 2011, 11:38 am

Sounds like you don't have a lot of respect for Bob, or give him a lot of credit. All I know is that if you can post a 92% winning record in singles and only lose 8 games out of 100 in four years, you've got to be pretty good. I've played a lot of darts in 20 years, and his team that played us last night would have walked away with the MMDL SS A Championship the last 4 seasons. Can't say they would be able to do that in the Super A's, but they'd definitely be in the mix. And from what I am told, the Double Trouble team of McLaughlin, Laroche, Wicherski, and Parker is even BETTER. The 4 man format is the way to go. The MMDL should SERIOUSLY consider this for the Super A division. No longer could you STACK your team 7 or 8 guys deep, because NO Super A guy wants to have to sit out games. Instead of having the top 16 players on the South Shore sitting on 2 or 3 teams, you now have them spread out on 4, 5, or 6 teams, and the ENTIRE division is competitive instead of only the top 2 or 3.

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on September 28th 2011, 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 28th 2011, 11:40 am

And to answer your question, yes, we ARE enjoying ourselves in the BEST League in Mass. thanks.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts September 28th 2011, 12:05 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:The 4 man format is the way to go. The MMDL should SERIOUSLY consider this for the Super A division. No longer could you STACK your team 7 or 8 guys deep, because NO Super A guy wants to have to sit out games. Instead of having the top 16 players on the South Shore sitting on 2 or 3 teams, you now have them spread out on 4, 5, or 6 teams, and the ENTIRE division is competitive instead of only the top 2 or 3.

LOVE this idea!

You're still an asshole.....but i love this idea Cool
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 28th 2011, 3:23 pm

You're still an asshole.....but i love this idea Cool [/quote]

hahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 28th 2011, 3:34 pm

Just the tip - 5

The Guzzlers - 3

Was some real close matches. We finally got our first regular season win against these guy's. There were 2 notables Josh with a high in 101 for the guzzlers and i had a RO9.
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh September 29th 2011, 10:55 am

Like your format alot and think the 4-6 man roster is the way to go in Super A in the MMDL...ALWAYS HAVE.As far as Bob goes,have known him forever and he is a good shot...just do not think he is as overwhelming as you make him out to be.LaRoche has been a great shot for many years,haven't seen him since playing him in Somerset years ago.Ask Bob and he'll tell you he was way better in the 90's than he is today,because he played all the time.His brother Artie was a beast back then as well.I respect everyone when I toe the line against them,even you Dave.Just don't like you and the games you play....you'll survive,I'll survive...enjoy your season.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 29th 2011, 3:38 pm

MetalRulz wrote:Just the tip - 5

The Guzzlers - 3

Was some real close matches. We finally got our first regular season win against these guy's. There were 2 notables Josh with a high in 101 for the guzzlers and i had a RO9.

Jeez! The Division 1A CHAMPS from last season (who DIDN'T move up) are now 4-0, in first place, and their worst guy is putting up Ro9's! You guys really ARE taking SANDBAGGING to a NEW level! Good Work. We can't wait to move down next season. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 29th 2011, 4:10 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:
    MetalRulz wrote:Just the tip - 5

The Guzzlers - 3

Jeez! The Division 1A CHAMPS from last season (who DIDN'T move up) are now 4-0, in first place, and their worst guy is putting up Ro9's! You guys really ARE taking SANDBAGGING to a NEW level! Good Work. We can't wait to move down next season. Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's just just like your team...The worst guy hittin a RO9!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 29th 2011, 11:35 pm

Eamon didn't hit a Ro9.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz September 30th 2011, 9:29 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Eamon didn't hit a Ro9.

What you talking about? He is a much improved player he would kick your ass! Shocked
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld September 30th 2011, 11:36 am

He has beaten Jakesey before, and that guy is a Super A player.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 4:02 am