Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

2 posters

The Eleven

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

The Eleven   Empty The Eleven

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 16th 2011, 12:57 am

How fitting that we play week 11 just days after 11/11/11. That could only mean good things right? Well, in the end, things worked out REAL good for us...

Social Assassins 4
    @
    Projectile Dysfunction 4

SOCIAL ASSASSINS OT WIN (2-0)

Same deal as last week, DOWN 1-3, but took 3 out of last 4 to force OT. Which led to an OT controversey because I insisted that we were supposed to go CR first for the OT (which totally gives us the advantage). They insisted that that wasn't the case, so i actually had to pull the rulebook out and show them the page. Plus, this was our FOURTH OT, so I was pretty confident I knew what I was doing. Even explained to them that I got direct instructions from the Commish the week before when we played his team in OT, so I was POSITIVE we were playing cricket first. I think it really threw them for a loop. In the end, Brian and Nemeskal played almost flawlessly in both OT games to bring home the victory.

In full disclosure, Personeni (who went 3-0 against us week 4) was absent tonight, but honestly, I don't think he makes a difference, and there's NO WAY he would have beaten Brian in singles cricket tonight. Tod V shot some INCREDIBLE darts, including starting the game with FOUR STRAIGHT ROUNDS of AT LEAST ONE TRIP 20, however Brian matched that stretch with 3 turns of his own that went FIVE 19's, FIVE 18's, & FIVE 18's. Brian ends up wrestling the lead away, closing up, taking his own lead and winning strong. He then gets to START the 2nd leg and controls throughout. Quite simply, Brian was dominant tonight and nobody was beating him in his singles cricket. We lost both 501 games, so if Bob plays one of those we still probably lose, and we split the crickets. If Bob plays in the one we lost, then we probably still lose, the other one was VS me and Brian and I played a GREAT cricket, and well, Brian was Brian, so it would have taken some spectacular darts to beat us. We also experimented in a 5 man format to give our best guys extra games.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

The Eleven   Empty Re: The Eleven

Post  MetalRulz November 16th 2011, 1:37 pm

Picked up our second loss of the season last night.

Just the Tip - 4

Guzzlers - 4 (W)

Adam continues to shoot well and had a Hattrick and also a IH of a ton.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz November 16th 2011, 1:45 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:How fitting that we play week 11 just days after 11/11/11. That could only mean good things right? Well, in the end, things worked out REAL good for us...

Social Assassins 4
    @
    Projectile Dysfunction 4

SOCIAL ASSASSINS OT WIN (2-0)

Same deal as last week, DOWN 1-3, but took 3 out of last 4 to force OT. Which led to an OT controversey because I insisted that we were supposed to go CR first for the OT (which totally gives us the advantage). They insisted that that wasn't the case, so i actually had to pull the rulebook out and show them the page. Plus, this was our FOURTH OT, so I was pretty confident I knew what I was doing. Even explained to them that I got direct instructions from the Commish the week before when we played his team in OT, so I was POSITIVE we were playing cricket first. I think it really threw them for a loop. In the end, Brian and Nemeskal played almost flawlessly in both OT games to bring home the victory.

In full disclosure, Personeni (who went 3-0 against us week 4) was absent tonight, but honestly, I don't think he makes a difference, and there's NO WAY he would have beaten Brian in singles cricket tonight. Tod V shot some INCREDIBLE darts, including starting the game with FOUR STRAIGHT ROUNDS of AT LEAST ONE TRIP 20, however Brian matched that stretch with 3 turns of his own that went FIVE 19's, FIVE 18's, & FIVE 18's. Brian ends up wrestling the lead away, closing up, taking his own lead and winning strong. He then gets to START the 2nd leg and controls throughout. Quite simply, Brian was dominant tonight and nobody was beating him in his singles cricket. We lost both 501 games, so if Bob plays one of those we still probably lose, and we split the crickets. If Bob plays in the one we lost, then we probably still lose, the other one was VS me and Brian and I played a GREAT cricket, and well, Brian was Brian, so it would have taken some spectacular darts to beat us. We also experimented in a 5 man format to give our best guys extra games.

Glad to see all your players stayed to the end incase of a OT. Oh wait that's right Nellie was home sleeping in his chair when you won...my bad Sleep Sleep Sleep That's some real Team spirit you guy's have going there. clown
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 16th 2011, 2:29 pm

Nellie stayed till the end of regulation, then left when he realized that he wasn't going to be used in OT. He did have a big 301 win for us though. Night went by fast. We were done by 10:40 even with the two OT games.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content