Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+3
Jakesy
Chris
EyesOfTheWorld
7 posters

Do you just make rules up as you go?

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Do you just make rules up as you go? Empty Do you just make rules up as you go?

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 5th 2012, 2:22 pm

So Tully's beat Magnificent 7 for their SECOND A Championship in 3 seasons. Tons of Fun finished first in SSA2 with 110 points and Magnificent 7 finished first in SSA1 with 127 points. You would assume that ALL THREE are moving up to Super A right? After all, Tully's won the A Championship in the Fall of 2010, moved to SA for Spring 2011, then moved back DOWN to A in the Fall of 2011 and won the Championship AGAIN, so you'd have to assume that they HAVE to be in Super A right? I mean they've won the A Championship BOTH times they were in that level in the past 3 seasons. Now, as far as Tons of Fun and Magnificent 7 go, they also HAVE to move up right? That's the RULE right? I mean that's exactly what we were told last season, and the #1 reason we left the MMDL. We didn't win the Championship. We didn't even PLAY in the Championship. But because we came in first in our division, we HAD to move up. No arguments. It was the RULE. Move UP or QUIT is what we were told. No discussion. No debate. It is what it is. Since we weren't going to move up, we had NO CHOICE and were forced to leave the MMDL and join the PDL (where we are very happy by the way). I just find it ODD that the VERY NEXT SEASON, ToF and M7 win the divisions and ABA says this in regards to M7 moving up:

"Not sure yet how it's gonna play..like you said, Tully's won the area so it may just be them. But if a team is moved up and will not play..Then I will do what I must.."

Wait what? M7 WINS the B Championship in the Spring, comes in and FUCKING DOMINATES the SSA1 division in the Fall, taking #1 AND putting up a WHOPPING 127 points, then loses in OT in the A Championship, and you're "not sure how it's gonna play?" My team scores 110, and gets knocked out in the 2nd round and we HAVE to move up no questions asked, but these guys throw up 127 and lose in OVERTIME of the Championship and you're "not sure" if they need to be bumped? HUH? What happened to this "mystery rule" that was used on US the season RIGHT before? And WHY no talk of Tons Of Fun having to move up? Thought the RULE was that if you won the division, you moved up, PERIOD! Fucking MMDL making up their rules as they go once again. Just goes to COMPLETELY PROVE ME RIGHT ONCE AGAIN that the MMDL has a hidden agenda and just fucking makes shit up based on WHICH team it effects. What a load of fucking CRAP! If the Magnificent 7 AND Tons of Fun aren't in Super A next season it will speak VOLUMES on the INTEGRITY of the MMDL.

Last edited by EyesOfTheWorld on January 5th 2012, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Do you just make rules up as you go? Empty Re: Do you just make rules up as you go?

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 5th 2012, 2:52 pm

In the Fall of 2009, we came in 2nd in the SSA2 division and won the A Championship. We moved to Super A. The 1st place divisional teams (Donkeys and Assassins) didn't have to move up.

In the Spring of 2010, we came in LAST in Super A. Stealth and Zen Archers were the 1st place divisional teams. They did NOT have to move up.

In the Fall of 2010, we came in 3rd in the SSA1 division. Nemesis and The Fox came in 1st in each division. Neither moved up.

In the Spring of 2011, we came in 1st in our division for the FIRST TIME EVER in A. We lost in ROUND 2 of the playoffs. We were told we HAD to move up. It was the RULE. DIVISION WINNERS move UP. PERIOD. END OF ARGUMENT. Move UP or QUIT. We are forced to quit. We leave and so does the Fox (the other division winner)

Now, the VERY next season, Tons of Fun and Magnificent 7 win their A divisions, and it's "we're not sure who's moving up".

So let me get this straight. In the past FIVE SEASONS of the South Shore MMDL A division, we (us and the Fox) were the ONLY TEAMS EVER that were told we had to move up after winning the division because of this "mystery rule". My question is WHY does this mystery rule ONLY pertain to US and NOT the other 8 division winners in previous and current seasons?
    Chris

Do you just make rules up as you go? Empty Re: Do you just make rules up as you go?

Post  Chris January 7th 2012, 9:19 pm

I think a quote made famous by you says it all...

Too easy. Very Happy Too FUCKING EASY!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 8th 2012, 12:56 am

To easy for WHAT? To make a standardized set of RULES that apply to everyone equally? Cause apparently it's WAY too difficult for your caveman brain. Division winners move up. THAT'S the RULE. VERY SIMPLE. Either THAT or you QUIT. Period. Very simple. Very cut and dry. The MMDL had no problem telling US that exact thing after 20 YEARS of sponsorship. Almost 100 teams sponsored in that time, only to be told FUCK YOU, this is the WAY IT IS, we don't give a shit if you leave, if you win the division, you HAVE to move up, or there's the door. Was there some sort of meeting to CHANGE this policy? If Tons Of Fun AND Magnificent 7 DON'T get moved up next season, it will PROVE TO THE WORLD that the AD is a BALL-LESS SACK OF SHIT! Plain and simple. Do the right thing, or be prepared to be called out for it. That's all I'm saying.
    Chris

Post  Chris January 8th 2012, 5:12 am

I guess I'll answer that with another Eyes quote, paraphrased this time:

It's TOO EASY to get you all riled up.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 8th 2012, 12:07 pm

You should stop wasting time quoting the MASTER, and start working on your schedules. Christ, as it is, it takes you 100 hours to do something that SHOULD take 4. You'd better get going, or you're going to miss the start of the season! After all, that's what you get PAID to do!!!
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy January 9th 2012, 11:41 am

Chris, there should be no shame in admitting that they were given a set of rules and and ultimatum and those same policies have not been maintained across the board. you haven't done anything yet for the spring season so for now you have the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to see consistency too. Consistency is what will save you from ridicule going forward. If the rules are in black and white, you won't have to answer to anybody, just quote the rule. End of story. This shit is not rocket surgery or brain science.
    kirbonics

Post  kirbonics January 9th 2012, 1:32 pm

Chris I agree with "Eyes"....He has a very valid point, You best be looking at rosters also..
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 13th 2012, 9:35 am

I'm shocked to hear that about Tons of Fun and M7. Death Row has split up. I've left. Scott Conley left. Jason Spreyer left. Wayne MacDonald left. BUT, 5 player remain. They have added a player who has been out of the league for a couple years and not shooting, and one player who has played C.

Death Row won the B1 division by 1 point, and was knocked out of the playoffs in the Area Semi Final round. They have been told that becasue 5 remain, they MUST move up to A. I was told this is the RULE, and that the AD's hands are completely tied. Now I find out that this is not the case. There is no rule. At least not written. And the unwritten rule is not being applied consistently.

I'm on the AD's team now. Consider Chris a good friend. But he needs to either step up and apply the rule to EVERYONE, or make decisions based on the rosters that are presented. One or the other. Be consistent.
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy January 13th 2012, 1:09 pm

The rule actually is written buddy. If 4 or more player remain together it is considered the same team. That's what makes the tons of fun situation difficult UNLESS you follow that rule. Three players from tons are joining with four from nice splash. Using that rule, Nice Splash has EARNED the right to move down to A. While a 4 man team from Tons would have to move up, there are only THREE. Therefore the merged teams go down. Unfortunately because there are FIVE from D.R., they move up.
    Conversely, there's the round of nine situation who now have TWO Super A shooters on there roster. While it's no secret that both those shooters will not be every week players, Past precedence says R09 has to move up to S.A. (that precedence being Steve O'Rourke and Matt Dalton. Play in S.A. or don't play at all). Is that going to be fair to R09 in S.A. probably not, they'll get smashed. But will it be fair to A teams come playoff time? definitively not. But Kev man should know this coming inand adding the 2 to his roster. Being a past A.D. I can promise you he would have thrown that team in S.A.

Bottom line is Chris need to do three things and he needs to do it this season.
    1. Be consistent and stop waffling and trying to be everyone's friend.

2. Go to 8 Teams in S.A.
    and......
    3. STOP DOING HIS JOB ON THE FORUM BOARDS A-FUCKING-S.A.P.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 13th 2012, 5:31 pm

Jakesy,

You are absolutely right. There is a rule that a returning team of 5-7 players is considered the same team.

I challenge you to find me the written rule that says a team winning the division must move up, and that the area director has no latitude.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 16th 2012, 2:26 pm

I love Drtr trying to add 2 Super A shooters to go along with his other Super A shooter in Sean Moran and wanting to stay in A. Rolling Eyes Laughing Don't worry though, he's going to do the "right" thing by only playing them in the minimum amount of games so that they will qualify for the playoffs. This will ensure that he doesn't run away with the division, and therefore won't have to move UP even if they don't win the Championship. Lay low in the regular season, then play all your Super A guys in the playoffs. If you win great, if not, you can say, well, we didn't win the division, so we are staying! The guy will do ANYTHING to win a State Title, even if it means loading his team with Super A talent and sandbagging in the A division. Weak. Someone get a piece of plastic and slap this guys name on it to make him feel better. He obviouisly doesn't care about actually EARNING a title, just stack, sandbag, and PRETEND like you actually deserve it. Whatever works I guess. On a side note, I can't believe that there aren't any complaints from the North Shore about being the ONLY area with 8 teams in Super A. Why are they the only area who does that? Not only are they the only ones who do it, but they are also the area where the TOP team resides.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr January 18th 2012, 10:18 am

Dave, I am trying to replace Adam, who left the team to play closer to home, with Bna, thats all one player not 2,
    Adam won 69% last season, so the most I would be upgrading ASSUMING that Bna wins all his games is 14 points (if he came every week), we lost the division by 35 points, would everyone be happy if I replaced Adam with a few Shit bums???
    Why can't I make my team slightly better?

seeing as I lost Adam, my team just got weaker!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 18th 2012, 11:13 am

Unfortunately, precedent has been set when 2 Super A shooters want to move teams. Sean and Tom are tops in their class too.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 18th 2012, 1:20 pm

Drtr wrote:Dave, I am trying to replace Adam, who left the team to play closer to home, with Bna, thats all one player not 2,
    Adam won 69% last season, so the most I would be upgrading ASSUMING that Bna wins all his games is 14 points (if he came every week), we lost the division by 35 points, would everyone be happy if I replaced Adam with a few Shit bums???
    Why can't I make my team slightly better?

seeing as I lost Adam, my team just got weaker!

Because you can't that's why. If MY team is considered SUPER A, then your team should be as well. After all, you guys scored MORE points than us, AND BEAT us in the playoffs in the Spring of 2011. In the Fall, we were told we were a SUPER A squad and that we either had to move UP or QUIT. Now, if WE are a SUPER A squad, then the team that had MORE points than us, BEAT US head to head in the 2nd round, AND went to the Championship, must ALSO be a SUPER A SQUAD, ESPECIALLY if they are adding ANOTHER SUPER A guy to their team. Granted, Adam is a great shot, but let's face it, B-Na is BETTER. Also, the original post said you were trying to add Matt Dalton as well. Is that NOT the case? Cause HE'S a SUPER A player as well. Either way, even without Dalton, you become a BETTER team by adding B-Na. Certainly a better team than mine, and WE'RE considered SUPER A. Just MOVE UP for one lousy season. You just have to COMPLETELY WASTE 14 weeks of your time coming in LAST PLACE and getting ass raped in the Super A division, then they will let you move down next year! Big deal. It might be fun. That's what everybody always told US. It will make you better, and you will get to LEARN how to get your ass kicked over and over and over. Rolling Eyes
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 18th 2012, 1:26 pm

The REAL question is whether or not Magnificent 7 AND Tons Of Fun are moving to Super A since they won their division and that's the RULE. Or at least that was the rule that was used on US to force us to quit the MMDL after 20 years.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 18th 2012, 3:24 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Just MOVE UP for one lousy season. You just have to COMPLETELY WASTE 14 weeks of your time coming in LAST PLACE and getting ass raped in the Super A division, then they will let you move down next year! Big deal. It might be fun. That's what everybody always told US. It will make you better, and you will get to LEARN how to get your ass kicked over and over and over. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OMFG!~!~! I nearly spit my coffee out reading that! Too funny Dave!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 18th 2012, 3:31 pm

Now what I want to know, is why the forums are basically quiet when the freaking corrupt fraud of an AD in Boston put a 5th place B team in the E division for "travel reasons"

So now the South Shore E team that has the delight of getting their asses handed to them in the Championship, by a team playing 3 divisions below their caliber, gets to have wasted a season. And what do they win for their troubles? THEY GET TO MOVE UP A DIVISION!!!! YAY TEAM!!!! After winning nothing because some freaking DOUCHEBAG felt like making sure her area won something. Hey...I agree...if you cant field a team to compete at the highest level, make sure you sandbag at the bottom!

This league has just about put me over the edge in dealing with hypocrisy and double standards.....
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 18th 2012, 4:10 pm

There shouldn't even BE an E League, nevermind actual AWARDS for it!!! Are you fucking KIDDING ME?!? We WON THE STATE E TITLE!!! WOO-HOO!!! Nice, did you win the Special Olympics TOO? Good job! Fucking E league! Jesus, what kind of fucking LOSER would be happy about winning the E League?!?! YES, we're one of the top 5000 teams in the STATE!!!! There are only 4,999 teams better than us, but we have a STATE TITLE! Big fucking deal. That title doesn't mean SHIT! It's like when you give EVERY single little league team a "participation award". Completely meaningless! That's what an E State Title really is, a PARTICIPATION AWARD. It's CERTAINLY not for excelling in darts for Christ's Sake! That's the problem, everyone wants to sandbag to win an award. The league should do away with all awards under B. They are completely meaningless. Want an award, then play AT LEAST in one of the top 3 levels (Super A, A, or B) that's IT! In fact, why not eliminate everything BELOW C. 1 Super A, 4 A, 6 B, and 6 C. No more. Just 4 levels. With 4-6 divisions in EACH level, you could EASILY base divisions on travel cause each level would have 32-48 teams in it.

Rewarding lower levels for doing absolute SHIT just leads to sandbagging. The Doublecork league has a League MVP award. This year, they've decided that it can ONLY be won by the players in the HIGHEST division. You know why....because players in the highest division actually EARN the award by playing people who can actually PLAY darts, not a bunch of scrubs in the lower levels. You want awards and accolades, then play the BEST. If you can beat them, guess what, you DESERVE IT! If not, oh well, try more, and GET BETTER! E League....pfft!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 18th 2012, 4:19 pm

And that South Shore team ALREADY WON a CHAMPIONSHIP. A SOUTH SHORE E CHAMPIONSHIP. Winning your AREA should be a big deal. Not anymore. No one's satisfied with that anymore. We can't move UP, we only won the AREA, not the STATES! Boo fucking Hoo! Since when did only winning a STATE title determine how successful your season was? My team never won a STATE TITLE, and we're considered one of the BEST teams in all of the South (we must be since we are considered Super A). The most we've ever won is a South Shore A Championship, and I considered that VERY successful. The SS A Champ is MUCH more prestigous than an E State Champ! Fuck, we could have won 10 E State Championships!!!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts January 18th 2012, 6:00 pm

Just 10?????
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld January 19th 2012, 1:03 am

Yeah, you're right, we would have won it EVERY single year. Fucking E! Rolling Eyes
    Drtr

Post  Drtr January 19th 2012, 8:21 am

Dave I believe both of those teams ARE moving up
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 January 31st 2012, 2:30 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:I'm shocked to hear that about Tons of Fun and M7. Death Row has split up. I've left. Scott Conley left. Jason Spreyer left. Wayne MacDonald left. BUT, 5 player remain. They have added a player who has been out of the league for a couple years and not shooting, and one player who has played C.

Death Row won the B1 division by 1 point, and was knocked out of the playoffs in the Area Semi Final round. They have been told that becasue 5 remain, they MUST move up to A. I was told this is the RULE, and that the AD's hands are completely tied. Now I find out that this is not the case. There is no rule. At least not written. And the unwritten rule is not being applied consistently.

I'm on the AD's team now. Consider Chris a good friend. But he needs to either step up and apply the rule to EVERYONE, or make decisions based on the rosters that are presented. One or the other. Be consistent.

Matt, so what you are saying is, Death Row lost 3 good players, and should stay in B? Razz Razz Razz Razz
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 4th 2012, 5:48 pm

Chitown599 wrote:Matt, so what you are saying is, Death Row lost 3 good players, and should stay in B? Razz Razz Razz Razz

You've got that 100% right Frank!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 5:11 pm