Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+2
Chris
EyesOfTheWorld
6 posters

WEEK ONE (A FRESH START)

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

WEEK ONE (A FRESH START) Empty WEEK ONE (A FRESH START)

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 1:35 am

Oh how you've got to LOVE week 1! GOD, it seems like an ETERNITY since we last played darts! Fucking A, one more Tuesday night at home with the wife, and she might just realize that we really don't have all that much in common, and the only reason she's even with me is because she hardly ever sees me, so it kind of seems like she actually does like spending time together. Then she gets TOO much and realizes that we have no common television interests and all I want to do is have sex. So THANK GOD the season has FINALLY arrived, and my marriage doesn't have to be tested anymore. I find that pretty much the whole team kind of feels the same way. In fact, even though Mark has CANCELLED DARTS for Valentines Day next week, we're gonna run a LOD because our wives have already had more than enough of us over the last two months. In any case, on to the week one scores...

Bar Nuts (Catman, Mansfield) 2
    @
    The Winged Buffalo (Wendell's, Norton) 6

A good start to the season. Even though we all know that Laroche's Gaff's team has pretty much guarenteed themselves ANOTHER Championship this season (since the rule about making them break up was apparently waived ONCE AGAIN at the second captain's meeting that I was unable to attend), we all had a good night of darts. My only suggestion would be that since we keep waiving the rule about teams having to break up for a season after winning two, three, or four years in a row, then maybe we should get rid of the rule that says no team ever has to move up if they win the Championship. I mean, what's the motivation to move up if you don't HAVE to? Obviously teams want to face the weakest competition they can to make themselves feel better. Come on, a SIX team division 1? Not ONE team has moved UP in 3 seasons, and we've actually had teams move DOWN? At some point you have to force people up. There are 24 teams in FOUR DIVISIONS and THREE LEVELS?!?!? Ridiculous. Should be TWO levels TOTAL. 8 teams in Division 1 and 16 teams in Division 2 (two groups of Cool. That's it. 6 Division 1, 6 Division 1A, and 12 Division 2 just promotes people to play as low as they possibly can. The MMDL has 24 teams in ONE DIVISION ALONE never mind three. No reason so have THAT few teams broken up into THREE levels of players, ESPECIALLY since we are ALL local. You are either the top division or the bottom division that's it. The worst from the top gets to move down, and the best moves up, and everyone else either tries to get better or just has a 'fun' night out. Giving big trophies to teams that win the lowest division in a league that ONLY has 24 teams total doesn't solve anything. Hell, maybe everyone should get a 'participation trophy' like they give 8 year olds in little league.
    Chris

WEEK ONE (A FRESH START) Empty Re: WEEK ONE (A FRESH START)

Post  Chris February 8th 2012, 10:24 am

How many seasons have they won it now?

mark
    mark

Post  mark February 8th 2012, 11:27 am

This season is a stepping stone for changes I'll be making for next season.

I was talked into having three levels a few years back by the 'tweeners as I called them.

No one wants to be forced up into the top division which is why the rules were changed.

I refused to allow the waiver, but the captain asked if the captains could vote on it anyway - which I did - and there were no dissenting votes.

Don't care what other leagues do. I'll be upsetting folks once again when I roll out next season's changes anyway, so we can all look forward to that. Smile
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 12:30 pm

Well, either way, we're in for the top division. I just wish that more teams would step up to the plate. You can't hit that home run unless you actually take a swing at the ball. I just can't believe how many teams win the Championship, and don't want to test themselves for at least ONE season by moving to the next level. How will you ever know how good your team actually is or what they are capable of if you never even give it a shot? And for the record, I don't really think Laroche's team is unbeatable. Yes they are on a smoking run here, and yes they've won 3 in a row in their current form, and yes they went UNDEFEATED last year, but we were 5-5 with them at one point in last year's playoffs, so it's not like they don't ever lose. You may have to play next to perfect to beat them, but everyone has a down day every once in a while, and you just have to learn to capitalize on that. As far as the REST of Division 1 goes, I believe it is COMPLETELY WIDE open, and EVERY team should have at least a CHANCE to make the playoffs. I also believe that some of the teams in 1A, COULD compete in 1 if they just gave themselves a chance. Sometimes they just need a little push.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz February 8th 2012, 2:37 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Well, either way, we're in for the top division. I just wish that more teams would step up to the plate. You can't hit that home run unless you actually take a swing at the ball. I just can't believe how many teams win the Championship, and don't want to test themselves for at least ONE season by moving to the next level. How will you ever know how good your team actually is or what they are capable of if you never even give it a shot? And for the record, I don't really think Laroche's team is unbeatable. Yes they are on a smoking run here, and yes they've won 3 in a row in their current form, and yes they went UNDEFEATED last year, but we were 5-5 with them at one point in last year's playoffs, so it's not like they don't ever lose. You may have to play next to perfect to beat them, but everyone has a down day every once in a while, and you just have to learn to capitalize on that. As far as the REST of Division 1 goes, I believe it is COMPLETELY WIDE open, and EVERY team should have at least a CHANCE to make the playoffs. I also believe that some of the teams in 1A, COULD compete in 1 if they just gave themselves a chance. Sometimes they just need a little push.

I call BULLSHIT!!! you have no idea what the talent is like in 1a div. you've never played there. I can tell you that from what i've seen playing in both div. that they got no chance up there.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 3:07 pm

I know that your team AND the Fish and Game team could compete. No offense to Mark, but both those teams are better than his, and he's in division 1. You could also beat the Catman team that we faced last night, and if you had a REALLY good night, you could MAYBE beat my squad, and you guys didn't even take 1st or win the Championship last season, so there's got to be teams even better than yours in that division. You mean to tell me that you feel that there is no way in hell you guys could EVER beat my team? Weak! Embarassed
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 3:18 pm

And you played in Division 1 ONE SINGLE season, THREE SEASONS AGO. Not only that, but you played in it WITHOUT your BEST player Hubie who has played SUPER A in the MMDL. You dropped to division 1A, added Hubie, and have gone to the CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY SINGLE SEASON SINCE, and WON it ONCE! When you add a SUPER A talent in place of your WORST player (Scottie) on a four man team, you become a completely different squad. Hubie is Super A, Adam is an A player, and you and Chip are definitely high B talents. To say that you couldn't win a single match in division 1 is completely ridiculous. You could EASILY compete for 4th or 5th place.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 3:22 pm

What was your score last night by the way?
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz February 8th 2012, 3:36 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:And you played in Division 1 ONE SINGLE season, THREE SEASONS AGO. Not only that, but you played in it WITHOUT your BEST player Hubie who has played SUPER A in the MMDL. You dropped to division 1A, added Hubie, and have gone to the CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY SINGLE SEASON SINCE, and WON it ONCE! When you add a SUPER A talent in place of your WORST player (Scottie) on a four man team, you become a completely different squad. Hubie is Super A, Adam is an A player, and you and Chip are definitely high B talents. To say that you couldn't win a single match in division 1 is completely ridiculous. You could EASILY compete for 4th or 5th place.

Here is the thing.... Who wants to compete for 4th or 5th place? NOT ME!!! We have our own nice Div. with great competition every season i've been down here. So mind your own business. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 3:46 pm

Oh, I see, forget actually MAKING the playoffs, it's not worth it to you unless you fucking crush your opponents every season and go to the Championship EVERY single season. Fucking Sandbagger. Do you realize how fucking LAME and FAGGY you sound when you say you don't want to 'compete' for a 4th place spot in the highest division, and are just content with playing weaker teams and going to the Championship in the lower division EVERY single year? Jesus, you are a fucking embarassment! Embarassed
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz February 8th 2012, 3:57 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Oh, I see, forget actually MAKING the playoffs, it's not worth it to you unless you fucking crush your opponents every season and go to the Championship EVERY single season. Fucking Sandbagger. Do you realize how fucking LAME and FAGGY you sound when you say you don't want to 'compete' for a 4th place spot in the highest division, and are just content with playing weaker teams and going to the Championship in the lower division EVERY single year? Jesus, you are a fucking embarassment! Embarassed

When did we Crush in the playoffs? We won, but NEVER CRUSHED!!! And last season we got crushed in the finals...So go fuck yourself!!!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 4:19 pm

And by "being in a competitive division", I assume you mean "being in a division in which we are able to beat everyone all the time" right? You've gone to the CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY SINGLE SEASON you've been in Division 1A. You have WON the thing once ALREADY. You went 11-4 in the Sping of 2011 and WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. You went 9-3 in the Fall of 2011 and lost in the CHAMPIONSHIP. 20-7 with TWO Championship appearences and ONE WIN in back to back seasons doesn't sound "competitive" it sounds like "sandbag domination"

In the Spring of 2011, you had FOUR players (of your 5 man team) in the Top 10 of Total Winnning % including #2 Hubie (79%) and #5 Adam (67%). Hubie and Adam ALSO cracked the Top 10 of TOTAL WINS with Hubie at #2 (33) and Adam at #9 (24). You went 11-4 and WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

In the Fall of 2011, you had FOUR players (of your 5 man team) in the Top 8 of Total Winning % including #3 Hubie (87%) and #5 Adam (81%). You also had THREE out of the TOP FOUR players in the division in Total Wins. #2 Adam (29), #3 Hubie (26), and #4 Chip (25). You went 9-3 and went to the CHAMPIONSHIP for the SECOND SEASON IN A ROW (and fucking completely CHOKED. Should of had BACK TO BACK Championships, but you guys fucked the dog somehow)

So, I'm not sure how you classify "competitve". This sounds more like "crushing", than competitive. You could "compete" in Division 1. You fucking "crush" in division 1A, so don't ACT like you guys are all the same level as the rest of the division 1A'rs. You're team CLEARLY is having your way with that division. You've NEVER finished lower than 2nd, you've gone to the Championship EVERY single season, AND you have ALREADY won it. What more do you need to fucking step up and play with the REAL MEN of the league? You clearly have the team to do so. Stop being such a pussyshit and At LEAST TRY to fucking play with the big boys.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 4:23 pm

So what was your score last night???
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz February 8th 2012, 4:27 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:And by "being in a competitive division", I assume you mean "being in a division in which we are able to beat everyone all the time" right? You've gone to the CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY SINGLE SEASON you've been in Division 1A. You have WON the thing once ALREADY. You went 11-4 in the Sping of 2011 and WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. You went 9-3 in the Fall of 2011 and lost in the CHAMPIONSHIP. 20-7 with TWO Championship appearences and ONE WIN in back to back seasons doesn't sound "competitive" it sounds like "sandbag domination"

In the Spring of 2011, you had FOUR players (of your 5 man team) in the Top 10 of Total Winnning % including #2 Hubie (79%) and #5 Adam (67%). Hubie and Adam ALSO cracked the Top 10 of TOTAL WINS with Hubie at #2 (33) and Adam at #9 (24). You went 11-4 and WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

In the Fall of 2011, you had FOUR players (of your 5 man team) in the Top 8 of Total Winning % including #3 Hubie (87%) and #5 Adam (81%). You also had THREE out of the TOP FOUR players in the division in Total Wins. #2 Adam (29), #3 Hubie (26), and #4 Chip (25). You went 9-3 and went to the CHAMPIONSHIP for the SECOND SEASON IN A ROW (and fucking completely CHOKED. Should of had BACK TO BACK Championships, but you guys fucked the dog somehow)

So, I'm not sure how you classify "competitve". This sounds more like "crushing", than competitive. You could "compete" in Division 1. You fucking "crush" in division 1A, so don't ACT like you guys are all the same level as the rest of the division 1A'rs. You're team CLEARLY is having your way with that division. You've NEVER finished lower than 2nd, you've gone to the Championship EVERY single season, AND you have ALREADY won it. What more do you need to fucking step up and play with the REAL MEN of the league? You clearly have the team to do so. Stop being such a pussyshit and At LEAST TRY to fucking play with the big boys.

I'm not falling for your Stat manipulations!!!! We didn't choke we were out played...I fully admit it!! the other squad was on fire.

I liked it better when you were in minute man!!! When you going back? I'm guessing when you figure out Mark will not bend to your manipulations!!! affraid affraid affraid
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 4:32 pm

We're not going back, we just might drop down to fucking beat your asses and embarass you. Oh wait, you've ALREADY embarassed YOURSELVES by HIDING in the lower division and beating up weaker teams. Maybe we'll just move down to put you guys in your place. I'm sure you'd just drop to Division 2 though. Fucking pussy! Evil or Very Mad
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 8th 2012, 5:38 pm

This just in...JTT barely wins 7-1 this week. Was SUPER competitive though.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz February 8th 2012, 6:09 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:This just in...JTT barely wins 7-1 this week. Was SUPER competitive though.

And in old news Eyes is a DOUCHE BAG!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 10th 2012, 11:42 am

Please don't stop....this was just getting entertaining.

I agree with Eyes. JTT should move up. How has Eyes manipulated? He moved up every time he was told to in the MMDL. He left when he was told he had to stay in Super A after finishing last. Many wont agree with me, but i have seen the behind the scenes workings of the MMDL. Adam doesn't like Eyes and he is the SUPREME RULER of Super A. leaves Chris out to dry like a mother fucker.

Having said that...based on the rules, I think JTT is doing exactly what you would do Dave. If they are not forced up, they will play where they are. You've said it over and over...you dont care about the competition, you care about winning. I believe i paraphrase you very well when i say "I would rather beat the fuck out of an E level player 2 straight, then "just barely lose" in 3 to a Super A player."
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 10th 2012, 2:06 pm

Actually, we left when they decided to all of a sudden move the A DIVISION winner up rather than just the Area CHAMPION. I've always maintained that winning a division means absolute shit, which it does. A 4th place team from one division could be better than the 1st place team of another, it totally depends on the teams in the division. I have always believed that the AREA CHAMP should ALWAYS move up, and we did when we won the Area that single time. If you win the Championship, you should definitely move up for AT LEAST ONE season, just to see how you do. If you come in last, then by all means, you should be able to move back down. We played Super A twice and finished dead last both times, and moved back down. It was when they wanted to move us BACK up without winning (or even going to) the Championship that we decided to leave. Also, the difference between the highest level in the MMDL and the highest level of the DCL is that in the MMDL all the Super A squads were 40-60 minutes away. It created a huge travel burden on us by moving us up. In the DCL, there is virtually NO difference in the travel schedule from division 1 to 1A. All the teams in BOTH divisions are 5-15 minutes away. There's also not as big of a talent gap between 1 and 1A in the DCL as there is from A to Super A in the MMDL.

You are correct when you say I want to win and would rather beat weaker players rather than lose to better ones, but that doesn't mean I would actually do it. Even at the highest level, I hope to play the weakest guys on each team week after week. By the rules, we could play in any division in the DCL, but we CHOOSE to play in the highest one. We do this because we know we can compete there. Not necissarily guarentee ourselves a Championship spot every year, but can definitely have a shot at going to the playoffs, and we feel that we COULD have a chance to win it all given the right circumstances. JTT definitely has the talent to compete as well. They could EASILY make a run for 4th at the very least. They've also ALREADY WON the Championship in 1A. They've got nothing left to prove down there. Winning the division 1A Championship is like winning 7th place. Sure you get a trophy, but does it really mean anything? It's like winning the States in the E division...big deal! Yeah, you beat all the teams in division 1A, but there are still six teams above you in the higher division. You would THINK that after you beat all those mediocre teams you would want a shot at the real squads. At LEAST ONE shot to see where you stand.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 10th 2012, 5:24 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Actually, we left when they decided to all of a sudden move the A DIVISION winner up rather than just the Area CHAMPION. I've always maintained that winning a division means absolute shit, which it does. A 4th place team from one division could be better than the 1st place team of another, it totally depends on the teams in the division. I have always believed that the AREA CHAMP should ALWAYS move up, and we did when we won the Area that single time. If you win the Championship, you should definitely move up for AT LEAST ONE season, just to see how you do. If you come in last, then by all means, you should be able to move back down. We played Super A twice and finished dead last both times, and moved back down. It was when they wanted to move us BACK up without winning (or even going to) the Championship that we decided to leave. Also, the difference between the highest level in the MMDL and the highest level of the DCL is that in the MMDL all the Super A squads were 40-60 minutes away. It created a huge travel burden on us by moving us up. In the DCL, there is virtually NO difference in the travel schedule from division 1 to 1A. All the teams in BOTH divisions are 5-15 minutes away. There's also not as big of a talent gap between 1 and 1A in the DCL as there is from A to Super A in the MMDL.

You are correct when you say I want to win and would rather beat weaker players rather than lose to better ones, but that doesn't mean I would actually do it. Even at the highest level, I hope to play the weakest guys on each team week after week. By the rules, we could play in any division in the DCL, but we CHOOSE to play in the highest one. We do this because we know we can compete there. Not necissarily guarentee ourselves a Championship spot every year, but can definitely have a shot at going to the playoffs, and we feel that we COULD have a chance to win it all given the right circumstances. JTT definitely has the talent to compete as well. They could EASILY make a run for 4th at the very least. They've also ALREADY WON the Championship in 1A. They've got nothing left to prove down there. Winning the division 1A Championship is like winning 7th place. Sure you get a trophy, but does it really mean anything? It's like winning the States in the E division...big deal! Yeah, you beat all the teams in division 1A, but there are still six teams above you in the higher division. You would THINK that after you beat all those mediocre teams you would want a shot at the real squads. At LEAST ONE shot to see where you stand.

Thanks for clarifying. Couldn't agree more. But at the end of the day...it is JTT's choice based on the rules. Bust the fuck out of their balls....but if the consensus on the team is to stay in 1a...then it is their right. even if it's not right. right? right.
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh February 15th 2012, 12:11 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:Please don't stop....this was just getting entertaining.

I agree with Eyes. JTT should move up. How has Eyes manipulated? He moved up every time he was told to in the MMDL. He left when he was told he had to stay in Super A after finishing last. Many wont agree with me, but i have seen the behind the scenes workings of the MMDL. Adam doesn't like Eyes and he is the SUPREME RULER of Super A. leaves Chris out to dry like a mother fucker.

Having said that...based on the rules, I think JTT is doing exactly what you would do Dave. If they are not forced up, they will play where they are. You've said it over and over...you dont care about the competition, you care about winning. I believe i paraphrase you very well when i say "I would rather beat the fuck out of an E level player 2 straight, then "just barely lose" in 3 to a Super A player."

You really have no clue as to what you are talking about...how far up Dave's ass do really want to be?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 15th 2012, 1:22 pm

dwalsh wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:Please don't stop....this was just getting entertaining.

You really have no clue as to what you are talking about...how far up Dave's ass do really want to be?

1. His opinions are unpopular. 2. He is a dick and arrogant as hell online. 3. He manipulates the rules to his teams advantage.

All points conceded. But he didn't take his ball and leave until the unwritten rules were changed that would have forced his team into another meaningless season.

I don't know what i'm talking about in what capacity? That Adam controls Super A? This was told to me by Dan D and our AD. Super A decisions are his. That he left Chris hanging out to dry? It's my opinion based on what i know. I'm entitled to it. You don't have to like it or agree with it. Doesn't really matter does it?

As for Dave and his ass.....not really my thing. Thanks though.....
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh February 15th 2012, 3:26 pm

If it's not your thing then get out of his ass.Yes Adam is in charge of Super A...has been for some time...rules were not changed...Dave took his ball and left..that's all and at some point he'll wear out his welcome in this league as well.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 15th 2012, 3:47 pm

dwalsh wrote:If it's not your thing then get out of his ass.Yes Adam is in charge of Super A...has been for some time...rules were not changed...Dave took his ball and left..that's all and at some point he'll wear out his welcome in this league as well.

Rules were completely changed to purposely fuck us over. We left because in MY world, I do the FUCKING, not the receiving. Now go back to your cock-gobbling of the MMDL. Maybe they'll give you a reacharound for your feeble attempts to try and defend them. The DCL is the best dart league in Mass right now. Better awards, better format, better travel. Hands down.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts February 15th 2012, 4:02 pm

dwalsh wrote:If it's not your thing then get out of his ass.Yes Adam is in charge of Super A...has been for some time...rules were not changed...Dave took his ball and left..that's all and at some point he'll wear out his welcome in this league as well.

So if I agree with someone, I am "in their ass". Thank you for clarifying. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 12:06 pm