Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

3 posters

Come on Ro9, just ONE MORE!!!

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Come on Ro9, just ONE MORE!!! Empty Come on Ro9, just ONE MORE!!!

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 27th 2012, 2:23 pm

Ro9 has gone SHORTHANDED in 5 out of 11 weeks. That puts them just ONE shorthanded game behind the 6 shorthanded matches that Mecca Swamp Box put up in Super A Spring 2010 in 12 weeks. The only difference is that the 6 short MSB games were completely meaningless because everyone made the playoffs that season. Maybe the MMDL should rethink the Super A format and switch to a format that supports 4 man teams instead of 6. It would help them in 2 ways. #1, it would reduce shorthanded matches as everyone should be able to come up with at least 4 players, and #2, some of these super stacked teams couldn't carry as many shooters as they currently do and therefore there would be more 'free agent' Super A shooters available to other teams thereby strengthening the weaker teams in the division.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Come on Ro9, just ONE MORE!!! Empty Re: Come on Ro9, just ONE MORE!!!

Post  JustTheFacts November 27th 2012, 5:50 pm

Too self serving Dave. You went short handed intentionally. RO9 is not. Just let it go. Completely different situation.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 28th 2012, 12:50 am

Not true. We NEVER PURPOSELY played short. On the games that we knew we were going to be short anyway, we went with 4 instead of 5, which is actually the BETTER way to go. It's totally ridiculous to have to play 2 vs 1 matches (ESPECIALLY in a best of 3 scenario at that level). We never INTENTIONALLY went short, but when we knew we were going to be short regardless, we went with 4 to make the night move much smoother. It's actually the more intelligent way to manage a shorthanded situation. Why completely WASTE TIME by playing 4 extra games of 2 players VS 1? The single player CANNOT EVER win in that situation when it is a Super A level AND best 2 out of 3. It is completely stupid to have to play those 4 games and add an addtional 30 minutes on to a night. So, in essence, it IS the exact same thing. Ro9 has gone short FIVE times. We went short six. They don't want to be short, but neither did we. The difference is that by us going with 4 instead of 5, the night moved faster AND it didn't effect our playoff situation because EVERYONE made the playoffs. Point is, Ro9 is getting a complete free ride for going short FIVE times (and maybe MORE) while we took a TON of shit for going short the same amount as them. What makes it EVEN WORSE is that DESPITE going short FIVE times, they are STILL in 6th place and talking about moving down. They need to STAY in Super A and never make the playoffs ever again. Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld November 28th 2012, 1:24 am

And when we went short, it had NO effect on the division. ALL teams made the playoffs, so teams that got extra points by playing shorthanded teams didn't really benefit. In Ro9's case, their 5 shorthanded games have had a HUGE impact on the playoff scenario. That's MUCH worse.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 24th 2012, 9:27 am

First of all Merry Christmas!

Dave once again you prove yourself to be a complete ass, and have NO CLUE what's going on in our league, just like when you played in it!
    My team has NO intention in moving down to A, we enjoyed our 1st season in SA, and look forward to the Spring season.
    First of all lets address the shorthanded thing since you brought it up.
    We all know what happened to Sean,
    BNA played in the Mill city League on Mon nights and could only get out one night a week, and we knew that going into the season
    Stew started a new job during the season and had to work some nights, maybe 4 Tues nights
    Bird had Shoulder surgery on his throwing arm and shot Lefty when we needed him,
    we added Sean Connolly( an old RO9 member, but he couldn't comit and only made 2 or 3 matches
    We were granted an addition to our roster after the deadline and added a guy who hasn't played darts in years and never above C division
    Sam had family health issues and missed several matched.
    NONE OF THESES ISSUES WERE EXPECTED
    all this considered we held our own, we played well and NEVER gave up.
    I think we should continue the format of 8 SA teams, it gives those teams like us a chance of getting better and playing against the Best the league has to offer
    I believe we have a VERY GOOD chance of making the playoffs next season, THAT IS OUR GOAL at the moment.
    Thanks for thinking of us Dave! It's nice to know we are being talked about!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 24th 2012, 1:38 pm

I would bet the house that you miss the playoffs in SA again next year. Have fun though. Sounds great. santa
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 26th 2012, 2:51 pm

If we miss again, we will be back for another shot, we won't quit and join a new league or complain
    If we make the playoffs, what house are you betting?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 27th 2012, 2:49 am

WHEN you miss the playoffs AGAIN, and STAY for a THIRD beating, THEN I will be impressed. Until then I view you as a team who would move down in a SECOND if they LET you. My team was in a unique situation with DoubleCork being in our backyard. It really was a complete no-brainer to join the league who's matches were less than 10 minutes away and who's format way better suited our smaller team. (I'm telling you, the 4 man minimum squads CANNOT be beat!) I also now know WHY we had to travel SO FAR to play our "level" of competition in the MinuteMan...Because they were ALL in the Patriot/DoubleCork league. This area has always had some 'talent' going back to the Mr. G's days, but it had become non-existant in the MMDL with the closest teams to us being in the C to B level. The top DoubleCork division is a PERFECT mix of mid to high A players to low to mid Super A. NO TEAM is unbeatable or head and shoulders above the rest (though Pawtucket is very close) If you guys weren't all the way in Weymouth, I would DEFINITELY suggest you join us. Unfortunately, that doesn't work out for any of us. So although you like to sound like you guys are this perfect noble squad who just LOVES the experience of getting beat every week, personally, I don't buy it. I believe it's KILLING you to HAVE to play in Super A knowing there's NO WAY you are EVER winning a STATE title in THAT division, AND knowing FULL WELL you would definitely have a SHOT in A's. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong...maybe you've changed...maybe you no longer DESIRE that STATE TITLE...maybe you've moved passed that, and play just for the love of the game and to 'learn' from the best...maybe it doesn't make a difference to you anymore...maybe...but i DOUBT it! Twisted Evil
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 27th 2012, 11:28 am

Dave, Everyone on the team would love a State Title, and it will probably NEVER happen in SA, we have given that goal up for the time being and are going to refine our game in SA for a few seasons before ever going back to A, I do believe there will be a third season and maybe even a 4th or 5th before that happens, we are in NO hurry to go back to A, so i guess we have changed our goals at the moment, first goal is SA Playoffs. we are playing for the Love of the game and enjoy playing the best, we haven't gotten our ass beat every week, and only got skunked once, and that night we had a great time, BTW how did you do personally in SA, better than 50%???
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 27th 2012, 12:56 pm

Been so long, I had to look it up. 6-4 in 301 singles for 60%, so yeah, I held my own, AND a SA playoff match (which you'll probably never see, but don't worry though, it's overrated). Either way, good luck with your new goal of playing for nothing. If you'd like to see some pretty intense darts come on down to Pawtucket tonight for night one of the DoubleCork Championship. You've probably got nothing else to do since it's the MMDL playoffs and you're sure as hell not in them.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 27th 2012, 5:08 pm

now I have a new goal, To make you eat crow!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld December 27th 2012, 5:43 pm

I'm glad to help...After all, you are going to need it considering you finished FORTY points out of 4th and 72 points behind the Meat Whistles who beat you 22-2 in your two meetings. That's going to be a tough mountain to climb, but good luck to you. Keep having fun. Rolling Eyes Laughing
    Drtr

Post  Drtr December 27th 2012, 6:16 pm

we will Thanks!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld March 16th 2013, 12:55 am

Nice job sweeping the cellar again this year.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 13th 2024, 6:41 pm