Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

2 posters

Great Darts

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Great Darts Empty Great Darts

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 20th 2010, 1:49 am

Land Of The Free 12
    @
    McCrackins 9

Hats off to the Eagles. Great games and an incredible match. Can't say much more than that. Always a pleasure playing you guys. Just wish you played closer. Isn't there an Eagles in the Mecca somewhere? We've got tons of ELKS around here, WHERE ARE THE BIRDS???
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Great Darts Empty Re: Great Darts

Post  Chitown599 August 20th 2010, 1:57 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Land Of The Free 12
    @
    McCrackins 9

Hats off to the Eagles. Great games and an incredible match. Can't say much more than that. Always a pleasure playing you guys. Just wish you played closer. Isn't there an Eagles in the Mecca somewhere? We've got tons of ELKS around here, WHERE ARE THE BIRDS???

All I want to know is, did you get to play Kirby at all?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 21st 2010, 12:12 am

I played a Kirby, but not Paul. I took out Wire in game 5 of 301 to clinch it. Kenny took out Kirby the game before (with help from a T60 ON). All the games were really good. We lost the first 601 after having a pretty good lead blown out by T, T, T20 in 3 straight turns by those guys. We got it back the next game though to make it 7-6 us, only to watch us lose 2 straight (including only the 2nd Cricket loss of the year by me and Brian) to put it at 7-8 THEM. We were down in the 3rd cricket and on the verge of going down two matches AND that would have made it 3 straight games, which NO team had done all series, or the week earlier when we faced them in week 10. That's when Nemeskal came up HUGE with the R09 on 16's. Huge swing and rightened the ship at 8-8. Nemeskal lost a tough one to go down 8-9, but our big guns of Brian and Maguire did their jobs to put it at 10-9 us. At that point, we knew we just needed 1 for OT, and we really do have a strong OT team, so that's what I was hoping for at the very least. When Ken beat Kirby to make it 11-9 us, the pressure was totally lifted. What a difference it is to be shooting when you know if you lose, the match is over, as opposed to if you lose, then not only is it not over, but you still have a whole game to play, and even if you lose THAT one, you're still guarenteed OT. Needless to say, I prefer the latter. We both played good, but not great, and we both had chances, but I was lucky enough to be on the winning side of this one (which, in this season, has not been kind to me in 301). All in all it was a great match-up. Very similar to the one's we usually have with Death Row. The last 3 matches vs McCrackins was 6-4 US, 6-5 US, 6-5 US, we really are two very evenly matched squads (mainly because the addition of Maguire makes us significantly stronger. It will be sad to see him go.) We have always enjoyed playing the Eagles, just wish they were a bit closer. Should make for an intersesting Championship vs whoever.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content