Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+4
MetalRulz
FlyinMonkey
BUCKY
EyesOfTheWorld
8 posters

Banned from Sewa AND the MMDL boards???

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Banned from Sewa AND the MMDL boards??? Empty Banned from Sewa AND the MMDL boards???

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 6th 2010, 11:44 am

So, after ripping our place, claiming that we have the "worst board and set up in the league", Derek gets on the Sewa site and says this, in response to a picture of me going up...

"Wow i almost punched my screen ......seems as though EYEs got some new boards in huh??"

to which i replied on the MMDL boards...

"Congrats to the Creegans team for their 13-5 win over us. We wish you the best. Hope you enjoyed your night. I also hope the set up was satisfactory for you playing on a brand new board (as we do EVERY SINGLE SEASON), and I hope the waitress did not sweep your leg in the ONE match that you guys lost at our place. I hope the conditions didn't keep you from a 13-4 win."

THAT response led to a PM from Skiz, the MMDL 'commish' saying that I was "baiting" Derek and that this would be my last warning before being banned on their site as well. So, apparently it is completely OK for Derek to trash our team, our town, our bar, and ME personally, but anything said in retaliation or in me DEFENSE pointing out his LIES and cowardice will not be tolerated. We need to PROTECT the AGGRESSOR who is trying to sabotage and undermine the MMDL with his new Premiere League. Forget the Sponsor of 20 years who's sponsored almost 100 teams through the years. Let's take the side of some DICK who's played less than 4 years in the league and who is NOW trying to set up a league to directly compete with the MMDL. Good move.

In any case, this was my response to Skiz...
    "Adam, seriously, what is your problem? My post was merely trying to prove that we as a sponsor buy BRAND NEW BOARDS EVERY single season, CONTRARY to what a certain individual has to say. Why is it every time I speak up to defend myself or point out the LIES that others state, you are all over me? Derek is a big boy. He can handle himself. He has proved to be a complete liar and has done nothing but try and antagonize me by spewing lies about my place and disparaging my town. Why do you continue to stick up for him? Would it be OK for me to come on here and attack YOUR sponsor, and spread lies about your bar, while attacking your town? I do not know why it is ok for him to do it, and I cannot figure out why YOU, in particular, continue to back someone like that. I've had MANY conversations with people over the past few weeks. Smitty, Nichole, John Bullock, Jim Deree, Avery, as well as all "my people" like Bucky, Metal, and Ace. Every one of them has backed me & has told me to my face that DEREK is the problem and that what happened at Sewa was completely WRONG of them. Now you are trying to do the same thing here. What is your issue? I've been playing darts as a captain and sponsor in the MMDL for 20 years. We have one of the BEST set-ups in the entire state. We are overly generous to our away teams. We've never had a single issue with any team until Derek came around, and even at that, he had no issues with us to our face, but attacks us online and in private in a very cowardly way. I am not the one you should be talking to here. The guy you should have an issue with is the guy who's singlehandedly trying to destroy the Super A division that your board has put into place."
    BUCKY
    BUCKY

Banned from Sewa AND the MMDL boards??? Empty Re: Banned from Sewa AND the MMDL boards???

Post  BUCKY May 7th 2010, 8:43 am

Nice Job Dave.
    I couldn't agree more.
    You know, I have never had a problem with Derek personally, but I just can't figure out why he is so obsessed with busting your balls.
    FlyinMonkey

Banned from Sewa AND the MMDL boards??? Empty Re: Banned from Sewa AND the MMDL boards???

Post  FlyinMonkey May 7th 2010, 9:28 am

You were not banned from the MMDL Boards. Adam warned you, Big Deal. I'm sure Derek has been warned many of a time on SEWA as I am sure most of us have. I have handed out more than a few warnings in my time on both SEWA and the MMDL Forums and even recieved a few. The MMDL BOD has not banned you from the MMDL forums and won't unless you show cause. Which I personally do not feel you have as of yet. The MMDL Forums are for members and as such are not as strictly moderated. We hope they will never have to be.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz May 7th 2010, 11:53 pm

Monkey .... i think the ?????'s means the mmdl forum could be next not that he already got the boot.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 8th 2010, 7:47 pm

Yes, I do realize that I am not banned from the MMDL boards. That has been made perfectly clear to me. It has also been made perfectly clear that I am on very thin ice, so I am attempting to keep my MMDL postings to a minimum talking only about league matters and scores. All my "defense" from the haters will be posted here where I am completely free to defend the TRUTH and speak my mind.
    AssOfTheWorld
    AssOfTheWorld

Post  AssOfTheWorld May 10th 2010, 1:45 pm

SCREW SEWA! Very Happy
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 May 13th 2010, 1:50 pm

AssOfTheWorld wrote:SCREW SEWA! Very Happy

With this very intellegent post, I am sure SEWA has the same opinion of you, AOTW. I don't know if you have ever visited SEWA before, but it isn't rated the number 1 dart site for nothing. SEWA is a place to go for all sorts of things like, how to improve your game, tournament schedules, and results, to exchange ideas on the game, and much more. What it is not, is a place to go to whine, cry and complain. Good old fashion banter is fine.
    SEWA is a family oriented dart site. A place you don't have to worry about what your kids may read. There are Moderators in place of all levels to ensure the site stays that way.
    Contrary to what Dave would have everyone to believe, Erik does a great job with SEWA. Sure, at times he may go a bit overboard, but you know what, it is his site, and he pays all the bills. Just like I am sure Dave will do on this site. With that said, you are entittled to your opinion, but if it's made from hearsay, I would suggest you check it out on your own.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz May 13th 2010, 2:43 pm

I agree Chi. I've gotten tons of info from SEWA. There is much more to it then just the MMDL forum. That being said I do like AOTW's avatar!!! Laughing Laughing
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 May 13th 2010, 6:59 pm

MetalRulz wrote:I agree Chi. I've gotten tons of info from SEWA. There is much more to it then just the MMDL forum. That being said I do like AOTW's avatar!!! Laughing Laughing

I agree. Very nice avatar. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Gate Keeper

Post  Gate Keeper May 15th 2010, 2:27 am

I agree if everyone just posted on the minuteman forum again, I wouldn't go to Sewa. Everyone is so negative it sucks, and eyes being banned was stupid. The people who I liked reading their stuff the most were all banned, or sick of being warned so they either left or don't write much anymore. Whats wrong with getting all sides of an argument in?
    Gate Keeper

Post  Gate Keeper May 15th 2010, 2:53 am

My prediction is Kirby will be the next to get banned from Sewa. He's been stirring the pot way too much lately. God forbid anyone write something interesting to read.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 May 15th 2010, 6:40 am

Gate Keeper wrote:

I agree if everyone just posted on the minuteman forum again, I wouldn't go to Sewa. Everyone is so negative it sucks, and eyes being banned was stupid. The people who I liked reading their stuff the most were all banned, or sick of being warned so they either left or don't write much anymore. Whats wrong with getting all sides of an argument in?

If you truly believe that SEWA has nothing to offer anyone, I know over 3,000 people who disagree. If you go to SEWA just for controversy, and baiting, than yeah, it's not for you. I can see why you would get bored. However, if you went to SEWA for advice on your game, equipment, practice games, or just to talk about darts, than SEWA is the place to go.
    As for the banning of Eye's being stupid, I guess that depends on who is looking at it. Have you read all Dave's posts before he was banned. He went on the MMDL and ridiculed Erik. On SEWA, he was warned quite a few times to stop baiting and bashing people.
    Personally, I like Dave in person, but not so much on the internet. He is 2 completely different people. Like I have told Dave before, there are other ways to get your point across, without baiting and swearing. He chose to stay his course, and ultimately got banned. He says it was because he wasn't able to defend himself, but that's not true. It was because of the way he chose to defend himself. He said he was the only person punished, but that's not true. I myself told Derek to stop his assault on Eye's. I told them both to grow up and stop acting like children. And that was after they brought their personal war over to the MMDL site. If you don't like someone, keep it private. The open forum not only does not care about people's dislike for each other, they don't want to be part of their childish rants.
    With that said, if you really don't like SEWA, why do you keep going back to it? In your own words, everyone is so negative, which by the way, I totally disagree on. There is way more positive stuff going on on SEWA than negative. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. This is my opinion only.

Respectfully Chi
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 15th 2010, 10:48 am

Enough with the "baiting" talk ok? Seriously, we're grown men here. He baited me...ooooo.....I didn't WANT to respond, but I couldn't help myself....I was BAITED. Rolling Eyes Come on. SERIOUSLY? That is PRECISELY what the internet is for. Saying something with the SOLE purpose to get a REACTION out of someone. THAT is EXACTLY what makes the boards interesting. No one cares about the best way to take out a 93. They want to hear some good ole back and forth bantar and ball busting. Shock and awe baby! Shock and awe! affraid Baiting goes both ways. It's not a one way street. You say something, and that causes someone else to reply. That's not baiting, it's just conversation with the intent to grab attention and illicit a response. You respond if you WANT to, not cause you were "baited". Only the weak can be baited.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz May 16th 2010, 11:33 am

I have to agree with eye's on the baited issue. We're a little to old to be tricked into posting something we really shouldn't have.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 May 17th 2010, 1:57 pm

Baiting has nothing to do with tricking someone into posting something they shouldn't, it is posting something where you leave the person you are posting about no choice but to defend himself. All I read is how Dave couldn't defend himself, for this and that. Well, there is a perfect example of an adult, screaming he can't defend himself, (ie, he just got baited).
    Dave and Derek have been baiting each other from day 1. The only reason Derek is still a SEWA member, is because he listened when he was told to stop. Dave not only didn't listen, but he went to a site that Erik does not visit, and started bashing him too.
    I mean come on folks, lets not complain about not being able to defend yourself on a site, then turn around and bash someone on some site that said person never visits. As it turned out, someone brought it to his attention, and the rest is history.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 17th 2010, 2:11 pm

That's my point Chi - I don't claim to have been "baited". I post what I want, when I want to. I take total responsibility for my actions. No one "baits" me into speaking out, I do it because I want my voice to be heard. The whole "baiting" thing is a totally LAME excuse. Baiting and sarcasm are the CORNERSTONES to an entertaining message board. Some people accept that and can handle it, others can't.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 May 17th 2010, 2:33 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:That's my point Chi - I don't claim to have been "baited". I post what I want, when I want to. I take total responsibility for my actions. No one "baits" me into speaking out, I do it because I want my voice to be heard. The whole "baiting" thing is a totally LAME excuse. Baiting and sarcasm are the CORNERSTONES to an entertaining message board. Some people accept that and can handle it, others can't.

I agree Dave, but baiting is baiting. If nothing negative was said about you on SEWA, you would still be a member. But since you and Derek started your back and forth war of words, which any way you say it, it's called baiting, because you wouldn't have said everything you did had Derek not said anything about you.
    You like to call it speaking your mind, but in truth, you were made to say the things you did, to defend yourself. So excuse or not, that is what you were, baited. It happens to everyone, myself included. Oh, and I call it speaking my mind too.
    kirbonics

Post  kirbonics May 19th 2010, 10:48 am

Gate Keeper wrote:My prediction is Kirby will be the next to get banned from Sewa. He's been stirring the pot way too much lately. God forbid anyone write something interesting to read.

I miss the Eyes postings had a good time over the years going back and forth with him, All my postings with him were always in a busting balls manner, and his with me..
    Why would someone want to ban me from sewa???
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz May 19th 2010, 1:01 pm

I agree Dave, but baiting is baiting. If nothing negative was said about you on SEWA, you would still be a member. But since you and Derek started your back and forth war of words, which any way you say it, it's called baiting, because you wouldn't have said everything you did had Derek not said anything about you.
    You like to call it speaking your mind, but in truth, you were made to say the things you did, to defend yourself. So excuse or not, that is what you were, baited. It happens to everyone, myself included. Oh, and I call it speaking my mind too.[/quote]

I see your point Chi. I guess i wasn't looking at it quite like that.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 May 19th 2010, 2:03 pm

MetalRulz wrote:I agree Dave, but baiting is baiting. If nothing negative was said about you on SEWA, you would still be a member. But since you and Derek started your back and forth war of words, which any way you say it, it's called baiting, because you wouldn't have said everything you did had Derek not said anything about you.
    You like to call it speaking your mind, but in truth, you were made to say the things you did, to defend yourself. So excuse or not, that is what you were, baited. It happens to everyone, myself included. Oh, and I call it speaking my mind too.

I see your point Chi. I guess i wasn't looking at it quite like that.[/quote]

I try to look at things from all angles. By the way, love the avatar.
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz May 20th 2010, 12:08 pm

I try to look at things from all angles. By the way, love the avatar.[/quote]

I'm trying to compete with AOTW....I'm still just not there yet. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    AssOfTheWorld
    AssOfTheWorld

Post  AssOfTheWorld May 21st 2010, 12:36 pm

Hahah definitely close to topping mine... that ass is just heavenly though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content