Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

3 posters

NEW Super A in the Fall

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

NEW Super A in the Fall Empty NEW Super A in the Fall

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 25th 2010, 11:11 am

The board has finalized a NEW Super A format. It's now THREE 501 doubles matches (DI/DO - SINGLE game). THREE CRICKET doubles matches (best 2 out of 3). Followed by SIX 301 singles matches (best 2 out of 3). Switching to the SINGLE game 501 matches could possibly reduce the match by 6 entire games, which could save anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour on the night. cheers It should also give weaker teams a chance to "steal" a game since it's only one single game. Finally, the switch back to all 301 singles matches should also give the weaker teams a better chance to win a game if they can just hit their "on" an take off. EVERYONE has seen a weaker shooter catch lightning in a bottle in a 301 game, especially if their opponnet is a little off or has some trouble with the in. The new format should make Super A much more fun in the fall for the weaker teams. They also want to expand the division to 6 or 8 teams AND intend on moving the division and/or area winner up each season from A. Not sure if they intend on moving all 3 up if they are all different (ie, the AREA winner isn't a division winner)
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

NEW Super A in the Fall Empty Re: NEW Super A in the Fall

Post  MetalRulz May 25th 2010, 12:40 pm

Sounds much better. So you requesting SA next season? Laughing Laughing Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 25th 2010, 12:55 pm

No, SI Legends will be taking our spot. Twisted Evil
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld May 25th 2010, 1:14 pm

Seriously though, I don't believe Super A needs us. Sounds like Derek's team is staying (at least for now), and Kirby is putting a team in from the Plymouth Moose Club. Jakesy has said he was definitely going to go to Super A in the fall, with or without the Assassins. Suzanne's STEALTH team WON their division and is now in the Championship, so they should also be a no brainer. Other choices are the Zen Archers who also won their division and finished the season with 101 points (almost 10 points HIGHER than the next highest scoring team in the ENTIRE SS A division) and Sidelines who though they didn't take their division, they DO have a chance to take the AREA Championship and they beat BOTH the Zen Archers AND the Assassins which are two very formidable squads in order to get there. Finally, the Donkeys could be considered if they are indeed reforming in the Fall. That's 9 teams right there without us. It would also enable us to go back to playing our other Wendell's team, Bucky's Vega team, and Scotty's Death Row team which we have great times with. We did our time this season. We should be able to go back to A and compete for a title. If we win the division/area again, then we'll move up as we did the season before.

South 2010 Super A Fall ???
    1) Makin Treble
    2) Scallywags
    3) SeaDogs
    4) Kirby's Moose Team
    5) Jakesey's Squad
    6) Stealth
    7) Zen Archers
    Cool Sidelines
    9) Donkeys

Personally, I think Super A should be no more than 6 teams per area. The 7th and 8th teams probably will end up having seasons that they hate. Plus, I think that all areas should try and have the same amount of teams and I don't think that Boston OR Central could EVER pull 8 teams for Super A, but they would have a chance at 6 (escpecially considering they all have 4 right now)
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy June 28th 2010, 3:14 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Seriously though, I don't believe Super A needs us. Sounds like Derek's team is staying (at least for now), and Kirby is putting a team in from the Plymouth Moose Club. Jakesy has said he was definitely going to go to Super A in the fall, with or without the Assassins. Suzanne's STEALTH team WON their division and is now in the Championship, so they should also be a no brainer. Other choices are the Zen Archers who also won their division and finished the season with 101 points (almost 10 points HIGHER than the next highest scoring team in the ENTIRE SS A division) and Sidelines who though they didn't take their division, they DO have a chance to take the AREA Championship and they beat BOTH the Zen Archers AND the Assassins which are two very formidable squads in order to get there. Finally, the Donkeys could be considered if they are indeed reforming in the Fall. That's 9 teams right there without us. It would also enable us to go back to playing our other Wendell's team, Bucky's Vega team, and Scotty's Death Row team which we have great times with. We did our time this season. We should be able to go back to A and compete for a title. If we win the division/area again, then we'll move up as we did the season before.

South 2010 Super A Fall ???
    1) Makin Treble
    2) Scallywags
    3) SeaDogs
    4) Kirby's Moose Team
    5) Jakesey's Squad
    6) Stealth
    7) Zen Archers
    Cool Sidelines
    9) Donkeys

Personally, I think Super A should be no more than 6 teams per area. The 7th and 8th teams probably will end up having seasons that they hate. Plus, I think that all areas should try and have the same amount of teams and I don't think that Boston OR Central could EVER pull 8 teams for Super A, but they would have a chance at 6 (escpecially considering they all have 4 right now)

Makin Treble - check
    scallywags - split
    seadogs - split
    Kirby's Moose - check
    Jakesy's - stil trying to form maybe free agents will form
    stealth - split
    Sidelines - split
    Donkey's - check
    Zen Archers - Rumored to be splitting, up in the air
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld June 28th 2010, 5:37 pm

Split doesn't mean not playing, it just means there should be even MORE Super A teams. Sounds like Scallywags and TKO's have sort of merged (which sounds like their Summer team + Wire). I'm sure whoever's left out of the Seadogs will be remaining in Super A. I still think the Assassins should give it a shot with you and Kevin running your mouths all season long last year, plus you've got Anvil, Gannon, and Wilinson who could all hold their own in Super A. ANYONE who played on Stealth this past season should either be in Super A OR not allowed to play the fall and take the season off. Should be AT LEAST SIX Super A teams in the South, but I severely doubt it. People would rather sandbag.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 8:45 am