Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

5 posters

Three weeks in...which is actually WEEK 2...(stupid fucking Valentines Day!!!)

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Three weeks in...which is actually WEEK 2...(stupid fucking Valentines Day!!!) Empty Three weeks in...which is actually WEEK 2...(stupid fucking Valentines Day!!!)

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 22nd 2012, 1:51 am

The Winged Buffalo 5
    @
    Full Of Bull 3

A MONUMENTAL WIN for us! Not only do we take down the reigning THREE TIME CHAMPS at their place, but we did it WITHOUT Brian & Nemeskal. People REALLY stepped up tonight. 7 of the 8 matches went 2 straight. There weren't a lot of chances given by either team. You either won fast or lost fast. Night was over by 10:15. Wicherski, McLaughilin, and Savage all had Hat Tricks. Eamon had a T80.

These guys have an 8-man roster, which is the biggest I've ever seen, but only 4 showed tonight, so it sounds like they have a lot of 'reserves'. The 4 who missed were Randy Laroche (on last year's squad), Fred Krueger (new addition), Errol Charret (new addition), & Peg Lennon (new addition).
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Three weeks in...which is actually WEEK 2...(stupid fucking Valentines Day!!!) Empty Re: Three weeks in...which is actually WEEK 2...(stupid fucking Valentines Day!!!)

Post  MetalRulz February 22nd 2012, 1:20 pm

Just the Tip came away the winners over the Grid Iron last night. Grid Iron didn't show us there best last night I guess that most of the team was pretty sick. I'm just hoping I got out of there virus free. haha

JTT - 6

Grid Iron - 2

Josh gohring and Eric Hubler both had hat tricks.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Three weeks in...which is actually WEEK 2...(stupid fucking Valentines Day!!!) Empty Re: Three weeks in...which is actually WEEK 2...(stupid fucking Valentines Day!!!)

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 22nd 2012, 1:24 pm

They were sick alright.....Sick of your SANBAGGING! tongue Twisted Evil
    Chris

Post  Chris February 23rd 2012, 10:59 am

I know it's 4 for a full team but what's the roster max? I thought it was 6?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 23rd 2012, 12:21 pm

I'm not positive, but I believe it's 9. (At least that's how many spots are available on the roster form). It is best to play with just 4 players though. That gives everyone 3 games each (and each game is a best 2 out of 3 - in Division 1 - so you get to play a minimum of 6 legs and a max of 9). This format also doesn't hurt you as much if you have to go shorthanded. If you only had 3 guys you would have to sacrifice 3 games (2 shorthanded team games and 1 forfeit in the singles), HOWEVER, it still gives you the opportunity to play 5 full games. All you need to do is win 4 out of those 5 to force an OT, and in OT, you only need 2 to play. So, if you had 3 high quality players, you would have a good chance to get to OT. Remember that in this league, WINS and LOSSES are the most important. Points are secondary. So if you can get to OT with a shorthanded team, then all of a sudden you're playing for the win at full strength. We have 7 players which is high. We had our normal 6, but I added a 7th this year because of the uncertainty with the Nemeskal situation. The 7th would only play if we were going to play short. Too many players is definitley a tougher roster to handle. When you go with 6 or more, your best players only get 2 games which hurts the team. Fortunately for us, in a 15 week season, there are multiple occasions in which all 6 cannot show so there are plenty of weeks that we only play with 4 or 5.

It also should be noted that the league charges a per player fee. Every player on the roster pays a one time $10 player fee. That is offset by the extremely low Sponsor Fee which is just $85 per team (as opposed to the $150 charged by the MMDL). In our particular case, we feel that the Sponsor fee is so low that we also pay the player's fee for all of our team members on both squads. I do not know if that is the norm for other Sponsors.
    Chris

Post  Chris February 23rd 2012, 1:39 pm

Yup, I did recall the per player fee.

Figure too if you go with 3 and only win 3, you've really only lost by 2 points. I know the W-L is first but it's not as bad as in MMDL taking a 9-3 beating.

How is Nemeskal these days?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 23rd 2012, 1:56 pm

He is in good spirits and doing well. Made week one, three weeks ago, but didn't feel that great this week. All things considered, he's doing the best that can be expected.
    Chris

Post  Chris February 23rd 2012, 2:04 pm

Excellent news. Don't think I ever met him, but I don't have to in order to say I hope he beats it. What's the plan for treatment?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld February 23rd 2012, 2:08 pm

When you go with just 4, the night really goes quick. Play, Score, Play, Score, Watch, Score, Play, Score, leave. Just a tad over 2 hours. Get there by 8, home by 10:30. Theoretically, you could play 2nd 501, 2nd cricket, and 1st 301 in less than an hour. Show up at 8:15, play up to 9 legs of darts, and be out of there before 9:15. Time wise, it's fantastic! You actually get to play MORE darts in LESS time. No sitting around forever waiting to play your game.
    mark
    mark

Post  mark February 23rd 2012, 3:55 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:I'm not positive, but I believe it's 9. (At least that's how many spots are available on the roster form)....
    It also should be noted that the league charges a per player fee. Every player on the roster pays a one time $10 player fee. That is offset by the extremely low Sponsor Fee which is just $85 per team (as opposed to the $150 charged by the MMDL). In our particular case, we feel that the Sponsor fee is so low that we also pay the player's fee for all of our team members on both squads. I do not know if that is the norm for other Sponsors.
    We used to have a maximum of 6, but that was removed a long time ago since there was really no need for it. You can have as many as you like, but having a lot of players doesn't help the team.

Sponsors don't typically pay players' fees; yours are fortunate.
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh February 24th 2012, 3:38 pm

Ha, I didn't know there was a player fee, thanks Wendell and Dave!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 10:30 am