Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

3 posters

Sandbagging

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Sandbagging Empty Sandbagging

Post  EyesOfTheWorld June 3rd 2012, 8:51 pm

This is going to sound extremely strange because I am about to 'diss' one of our own teams, but this shit is getting out of control, and something really needs to be done. The policy of the league letting teams pick whichever division they want to be in when they are CLEARLY WAY BETTER than the division that they pick is, in my opinion, ruining the integrity of the league. This season, the top division only had FIVE teams in it. We only had 5 because teams who SHOULD be playing in it have decided that they would rather dominate the lower divisions than compete in the division they actually belong in. They do this because, quite simply, they CAN. Case and point, the Wendell's team in division 1A. This marks the THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON that they have gone to the Championship. If they win it, it will be their SECOND 1A CHAMPIONSHIP in 3 seasons. However, League rules state that you do not have to move up to the next division unless you win the Championship TWO SEASONS IN A ROW. So even if they win their SECOND CHAMPIONSHIP in 3 seasons, they will STILL be allowed to STAY in the divsion that they have completely dominated for 3 seasons in a row. Now, they will argue that they in fact do NOT dominate, but look at the facts. They have gone to the Championship EVERY SINGLE SEASON they have played in that division (3 straight). In the past 3 seasons they are 31-11 in the regular season (a .738 winning %). They have two second place finishes as well as a first place finish. They have scored THE MOST POINTS in the division EVERY SINGLE SEASON. This year they finished 1st with an 11-4 record and 74 points (NINE more points than the SECOND highest point scoring team in the division). Last season they came in 2nd with a 9-3 record and 67 points (EIGHT more points than the SECOND highest point scoring team in the division). The season before that saw them put up an 11-4 record with 75 points which again was the highest points in the division. How they can possibly say they don't dominate the division when they have scored more points than every other team every single season for 3 seasons straight, have gone to 3 Championships IN A ROW, and are looking at possibly winning their SECOND Championship in 3 seasons is beyond me. I have BEGGED them to do the right thing and move up for at LEAST ONE SINGLE SEASON, but they simply refuse. Big E's exact quote was "I'll take a trophy in 1a over a first round knock out in 1 any day of the week". The point is, where does it STOP? Are we going to have a 3 team division 1 so that everyone can drop to a division in which they can completely destroy just to they can win a piece of plastic and PRETEND like they really accomplished something? The League really needs to step up and FORCE some of these teams into the divisions that they actuually BELONG in.

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Sandbagging Empty Re: Sandbagging

Post  EyesOfTheWorld June 3rd 2012, 9:15 pm

Here's a breakdown of the last 3 seasons in division 1a for the Wendell's Just the Tip team:

Spring 2012
    *1st Place
    *11-4 record
    *74 Points (highest in division. 9 more than 2nd highest)
    *THIRD STRAIGHT Championship appearance
    *4 Players in the TOP 8 of League Points
    >#2 Hubler (86)
    >#4 E. Claflin (78)
    >#6 Perkins (72)
    >#8 A. Claflin (67)
    *3 Players in the TOP 8 of Winning %
    >#3 Hubler 74.36%
    >#6 Hunt 66.67%
    >#8 E. Claflin 62.22%
    *4 Players in the TOP 8 of Total Wins
    >#3 Hubler (29)
    >#4 E. Claflin (28)
    >#6 Perkins (25)
    >#8 A.Claflin (24)

Fall 2011
    *2nd Place
    *9-3 record
    *67 Points (highest in the divison. 8 more than 2nd highest)
    Lost in CHAMPIONSHIP
    *3 Players in TOP 4 of League Points
    >#1 A. Claflin (87)
    >#3 Hubler (70)
    >#4 Perkins (68)
    *4 Players in TOP 8 of Total Winning%
    >#3 Hubler 86.67%
    >#5 A. Claflin 80.56%
    >#7 Parker 75%
    >#8 Perkins 73.53%
    *3 Players in TOP 4 of Total Wins
    >#2 A. Claflin (29)
    >#3 Hubler (26)
    >#4 Perkins (25)

Spring 2011
    *2nd Place
    *11-4 Record
    *75 Points (highest in the division)
    *WON CHAMPIONSHIP
    *4 players in Top 12 League points including #2 Hubler & #8 A.Claflin
    *4 Players in Top 10 of Total Winning % including #2 Hubler and #5 A. Claflin
    *2 Players in Top 9 of Total Wins including #2 Hubler

Maybe it's just me, but when virtually your ENTIRE team is in the top 10 of EVERY SINGLE stat category EVERY SINGLE SEASON for THREE SEASONS in a ROW, AND your team also puts up the HIGHEST amount of points EVERY SINGLE SEASON for THREE SEASONS in a ROW, AND you go to the CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY SINGLE SEASON for THREE SEASONS in a ROW, and you WIN that Championship (possibly TWICE in 3 seasons), then maybe, just MAYBE, your team should move up to the next level. Just Sayin!
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz June 5th 2012, 12:19 am

Not sure how 5 overtimes and a match were the other team was 2men short and we won 8-0 is sandbagging. The wired illusions team didnt belong in our div. they got pounded by everyone. The grid started off the seeason poorly they are usually much better. They ended up turning it on at the end of the season to get the last spot in the playoffs.
    I remember a time when you didn't think it was fair to force teams up to Super A. this is the same thing. Oh wait it's not the same when it's not your team my bad.

1 Just the Tip 7 - 1 Wired Illusions
    2 The Grid 2 - 6 Just the Tip
    3 Dart Attack 5 - 3 Just the Tip
    4 Just the Tip 5 - 3 Anger Mgmt
    5 Just the Tip 6 - 2 Remember Us
    6 Wired Illusions 2 - 6 Just the Tip
    7 Just the Tip 4 [W] - 4 The Grid
    8 Just the Tip 4 [W] - 4 Dart Attack
    9 Anger Mgmt 4 - 4 [W] Just the Tip
    10 Remember Us 4 [W] - 4 Just the Tip
    11 Just the Tip 6 - 2 Wired Illusions
    12 The Grid 4 [W] - 4 Just the Tip
    13 Dart Attack 3 - 5 Just the Tip
    14 Just the Tip 8 - 0 Anger Mgmt
    15 Just the Tip 2 - 6 Remember Us
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld June 5th 2012, 3:15 am

When your entire team is in the top 10 of every single stat category, AND you go to the CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY SINGLE SEASON for 3 seasons in a row, winning not only your division AND the championship, then it is time to move up. You obviously don't feel the same way and would rather play weaker teams and win every time than play teams of your own level and compete. Your team could beat EVERY team in Division 1 (with possibly the exception of the Pawtucket team), but apparently in your mind, if you don't go to the Championship every single season then it's not worth it to you. That's pretty sad. Just because you went to overtime a bunch of times doesn't mean that you belong in 1A. It just means that there are MULTIPLE teams in 1A that should be bumped up to 1. Division 1 should have 8 TEAMS PERIOD! The top 8 teams in the Doublecork League. You are DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, in the top 8. If you don't believe that is true, PLEASE tell me the 8 teams that you feel are better than you.
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy June 24th 2012, 7:03 am

Sorry, I'm just reading this. haven't been on this site for awhile but Jesus fucking Christ this sounds familiar.
    Dave Isn't this exactly what Super a teams were saying to you in the MMDL. You defended playing down in a until your last breath and then pulled the trigger and pulled your team out.

You used to say why does anyone in Super A give a fuck where my team play's, Now your riding E-Trains team.
    I don't get it.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld June 29th 2012, 12:33 am

The difference here Jakesey is that my team didn't go to THREE CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW and WIN TWO out of those THREE. When we won the Championship, we moved up EVERY SINGLE TIME. Can you imagine an A team WINNING the Championship TWICE in 3 seasons (and making it EVERY SINGLE TIME), and NOT having to move up? Not only that but having virtually EVERY PLAYER on that team in the TOP 10 in every statistical category for EVERY SINGLE SEASON that they played there? Plus accruing the MOST POINTS of any team in that division in EVERY SINGLE year that they played in that division? Only to turn around and say that they would rather win Championship trophies every year than get knocked out in the Semi-finals so they don't want to move up. Then add to that fact that the top division only has FIVE teams in it and because of that has to play a 15 week season with THREE BYE weeks, only to have EVERY TEAM in the division (except ONE) make the playoffs. Don't you think it kind of takes away from the regular season knowing that you have made the playoffs before the season has even started, but yet you need to play almost 4 months of pretty much meaningless darts (with a BYE every 4th game) to get to that point? I mean FUCK! We'd be better off moving DOWN. Sure we'd cruise right to the playoffs too, but at least there would be no byes, and we'd all feel good about ourselves with our outstanding stats and we would have a very good chance at winning a huge trophy and act like we actually accomplished something. It just seems fucking stupid to me to win the SAME Championship year after year and never want to move up because you are content with beating up on teams that are weaker than you just so you can say you are the Champs. Shit, we could join the MMDL E League and be State Champs. Big fucking deal! And truth be told those guys SHOULD have won the Championship ALL THREE SEASONS. They completely choked in the Fall 2011 Championship. They win that match 8 out of 10 times. So, to answer your question, no, it's NOT the same. In fact, it's not even close. Telling us we have to move to SUPER A after a 2nd round playoff loss is WAY different then telling a team who has won the Championship TWICE (and should have been 3 seasons in a row) that they should move up. And yes, it TOTALLY effects my team. Having a 5 team top division SUCKS. It takes away from the regular season and BYE weeks completely suck. Having them in our division #1 gives us better competition, #2 eliminates our bye weeks, and #3 gives us three extra home games, so it completely benefits our team AND our bar to have them up in our level.
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy July 23rd 2012, 3:25 pm

Point well taken Dave. You did move up when you won. Almost make you want to come back to minute man huh? Mad Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content