Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

3 posters

Sandbagging in A's???

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Sandbagging in A's??? Empty Sandbagging in A's???

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 26th 2010, 1:28 pm

So drtr thinks we are sandbagging in A's. Oooohhhh how cute. Well, if the KING of the sanbaggers said so, it'd be hard to dispute. After all, if ANYONE knows ANYTHING about sanbagging, it would be this guy. I really have to disagree though. I mean hell it's A's!!! We're not talking about some cupcake division here. There's a HUGE difference from A to Super A. It's the BIGGEST jump in levels in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. I do think that with the new format, the Super A's will be much more competitive during the regular season, but let's get realistic, with the current teams in Super A, there's only 2 or 3 that have a chance. The A division is WIDE open as far as I can see. NO team, mine included, will have a cakewalk to the finals. It's just a much better division to be in if you want to have a fighting chance to compete for a Championship. I know that the Vega, the Bimbos, and Death Row have no issues playing us, and I'm POSITIVE that NONE of them feel that they DON'T have a chance to beat us. We've got a tight knit, strong A team that has been together for 15+ years. We took our lumps in Super A last season and finished last. Rules say last moves down. It is what it is. Looking forward to once again at least having A CHANCE to win something this season. It's always good for morale knowing you at least have a SHOT. I expect nothing less than a fun competitive season with some good folks. An hey, if we win the division and/or area and have to move up, then that's what we have to do. We've always followed league rules (unlike many OTHER teams). In three seasons of SUPER A, we were the ONLY team from the South to actually MOVE UP after winning the Championship. None of this, "we're taking the season off" or "we're splitting up" so we don't have to move up bullshit. We moved up, got our asses handed to us, and wasted our time for 16 weeks, and now we're back where we belong. More than happy to be back in A's, and if SOME people think we're sandbagging, then oh well. Sorry you FEAR US. We'll try and take it easy on you.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Sandbagging in A's??? Empty Re: Sandbagging in A's???

Post  Chitown599 August 26th 2010, 1:38 pm

Dave, i am one player who disagrees with forcing teams to move up, into a division they have no business playing in, as your team. No disrespect intended, but as I said last season, you do not have a S.A. team, and shouldn't have been forced to play in S.A.
    While I will admit, that you do have a couple of good players, that is not enough to compete with true S.A. teams. I am glad you will be back where you belong this fall season, and hope before the next season begins, the MMDL BOD, will have figured out a better way for all concerned. Good luck this fall.

Drtr

Post  Drtr August 27th 2010, 7:57 am

Eyes Did you read the friggin post, stop putting words in my mouth you DOUCHE!!!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 27th 2010, 12:05 pm

"So, EYES's team is in the Final in the highest division in the summer, but he bags it in the Spring to finish last and will move down next season?" -drtr

I read this as, we purposely threw games in the Spring so that we could DROP down a divsion in the Fall to essentially sandbag. If that was not what was meant then, my mistake. Either way, you don't know what you are fucking talking about. #1, we are an A team and absolutely belong there, and #2 nobody "bagged" shit. We tried to win every single game that we played. Sure there were instances where we went short, but #1, the guy who didn't show on occassion wasn't going to win shit anyway cause he's really a B player and easily the worst on our team, and #2 it didn't make a single fucking difference cause EVERY TEAM MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!! Whether I showed with 7 or 3 EVERY SINGLE week, we would have taken last, made the playoffs, and still got knocked out to Creegans 12-7 in the first round. All the away games were almost 45 minutes away, and DID NOT COUNT FOR SHIT. Who cares if we showed up with 5 guys and knocked AN HOUR off the night.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr August 27th 2010, 12:37 pm

Dave I agree your team is an A team, 100% so, well my team is a true B team, we can compete with some of the A teams but we catch shit from you all the time about being in B, why is that?
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 27th 2010, 12:52 pm

You reap what you sow. You've been banging the sandbagging drum for years calling my team out in particular, so it only makes sense that I would call you out. Remember, when you point your finger, there are three fingers pointing back at you. It's to be expected. You'll be fine in A's. It's a glorified B division.
    Drtr

Post  Drtr August 27th 2010, 2:49 pm

I think we have both pointed the finger over the years, and i do think my B team will be ok in A
    Drtr

Post  Drtr August 27th 2010, 2:50 pm

Oh Ya, I'm pointing my finger at you right now! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 28th 2010, 12:44 am

Pull my finger. Twisted Evil
    Drtr

Post  Drtr August 28th 2010, 8:48 am

LOL!!!
    In all seriousness, Good Luck this season!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content