Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

+5
dwalsh
Chris
AcesHigh
Silver Fox
EyesOfTheWorld
9 posters

This is odd...

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

This is odd... Empty This is odd...

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 24th 2011, 1:05 pm

I'm wondering WHY it wasn't announced until AFTER the first round was OVER that the Baker and Vardado division would be playing each other in the FINALS. #1 if those two divisions were going to be competing for the highest championship in the SSDA, why didn't they face each other in the first TWO rounds instead of just the Championship. And #2 why was this announced AFTER the first round was OVER (and the #1 AND #2 Super A teams were ALREADY eliminated). This seems completely shady. It's bad enough that the Bimbo's ADD TWO Super A guys (in Deree and Steve O) then DROP themselves into what seems to be a glorified B division for the summer, but then they go UNDEFEATED (thanks in part to their two newly added Super A guys going 46-9 on the season), then they set up the playoffs so that they face ONLY the teams that they DESTROYED during the regular season in the first TWO ROUNDS, THEN they announce that this week's "final" between the #4 seed Predators and the #3 seed McCrackin's really ISN'T the final because the winner of that all of a sudden now faces the winner of the Vardado division playoffs. ALL THE OTHER divisions faced EACH OTHER in the first two rounds. Nowhere else do you see a playoff ONLY in your OWN division, THEN a Championship vs a DIFFERENT division. It makes NO sense whatsoever, and it looks REALLY bad on the Bimbo's part. The co-comish PLAYS for that team. He put himself in a weak division DESPITE adding two strong Super A guys to an existing A squad, THEN positioned it so that they ONLY had to face their weak "B" division for all of the playoffs up until the FINAL game, and even THAT wasn't announced until AFTER the first round was over and the top two Super A teams were already knocked out. Meanwhile both CTUSA AND Ro9 get screwed by having to play in the Super A division. If either one of us play in the Bimbo's division, we rip it up. Well, I won't speak for Ro9, but I know MY team would have ripped it up. Hell, the Bimbo's went undefeated in that division, and I think we've beaten the Bimbo's every single time we have EVER played them. Now they get pretty much a free ride to the Championship to play either the Predators (who did not beat us all season, AND who has only beaten us ONE single time EVER) or McCrackin's who we have beaten in the past, and who we tied the last time we played this season. Pretty shady if you ask me.
    Silver Fox

This is odd... Empty Re: This is odd...

Post  Silver Fox August 24th 2011, 3:28 pm

Dave, be careful what you say about something you have very little knowledge of or know nothing about. I explained the format to all the Captains in each division about the playoff structure.(that is, the Captains of teams that were making the playoffs)this was done prior to playoffs. and though I find myself at a loss as to why I need to explain or defend myself....I will! the top two divisions are clearly seperated from the rest. in an effort to increase parity and fair play, we went to a straight on in 501 and a single cricket. we were going to have 2/3 cricket in the upper division but we had to cross over the top two divisions to play. then what happens? play 1 game or 2/3? to try and even the competition we (Chris and I) decided that it wouldn't be a fair match between the No. 1 team in the top division to play the 4th place team in the next division down. however, the teams that made it out of each division might make for a better match-up and would fight for the championship. Steve and I were not the only SA players in that division.(need a list?)the Bimbos had a great season that's true. but it was a team effort. Steve and I won a lot of games because of our partners. next time you have an issue with me, call, e-mail, text. anything but stabbing me in the back when I'm not looking.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 24th 2011, 4:01 pm

#1, I wouldn't construe this as "stabbing you in the back",it was merely a comment on the way the playoffs were set up this year, WHICH by the way, is the THIRD DIFFERENT format you've had in the 3 years of your exsistence. And, in every year, the playoff format seems to be kept hidden until the very end. The first year, my team crushed in our respective division. We were clearly better than every other team in that division. I asked early and often what the playoff format was going to be and no one would answer until it was too late for things to be changed. In the end, our division (as a whole) got screwed because, with the exception of mine, it was a bunch of B and C teams that got lined up against the Super A's, AND we had to do it from the very first playoff round. The second year, we were put directly IN the Super A division, and low and behold, the playoff format was changed so that ONLY the Super A's faced themselves in the playoffs. From DAY ONE that season I started to inquire about the playoffs because I had a feeling that things were going to be changed (which they eventually were), and I wanted to have the opportunity do bitch and complain ALL season so that I could hopefully get enough support from other teams to see that it was unfair that you guys were changing the playoff format now that we were actually In the Super A division. Because obviously, if you are IN the Super A division, you want to face the weak division first, and since it was that way the year before when we got screwed, i wanted it to remain the same now that we were actually IN the top division. Finally, this year, we are once again placed in the top division. The only difference was that THIS year, we failed to make the playoffs, and low and behold, the playoff format was once AGAIN changed for the third season in a row. THIS year, you all of a sudden, feel that it is not "fair" for the lower seeds in your division to play the higher seeds from the Super A division. Funny that when I said that EXACT SAME thing two years ago, I was basically dismissed, but now that my team is not only not in the lower division, but also out of the playoffs, you seem to agree with my original complaint. Point is, the playoff format has been changed THREE times in THREE seasons, and in every season, it was my team that got the raw deal. You say that there were plenty of SA players in your divison, and yes that is true. So why weren't WE in that division? Location wise, it would have made way more sense to have us playing Brockton teams while you guys played your fellow Abington Polish Club teams and Rockland Eagles teams, and like you said, your division was a mix of SA and A guys, and since my team was a mix of mostly A and B guys (and Super A Maguire), we could have EASILY been placed there. If that were the case, we'd STILL be playing right now. We would have torn through the divison just like your team did, and WE would have gotten directly to the Championship. I just find it a little weird that the playoffs have changed every year based on where my team has finished. In the end, I'm not stabbing you in the back. I put it right out here. It's not like I'm saying shit behind your back, I'm saying it publicly on the #1 dart TRUTH site on the web. I'm sorry if you are offended. I do like you as a gentleman, I'm just upset that my team has seemed to get the short end of the stick for three straight seasons now.
    Silver Fox

Post  Silver Fox August 24th 2011, 4:29 pm

Dave, because things aren't the way you want them or like them to be, does not mean you are getting screwed! every summer season is different, with the players going to different teams. last year the top division was clearly a cut above the rest, so I left them to fight it out between themselves. this year we got a few more teams with a little more talent, so I tried to make 2 top divisions. and as I apologised to Kevin (DRTR) for, I misjudged some of the talent in the Vardaro division. the plan was to cross over the other divisions because there was not a lot of difference in ability. the two top divisions would play amongst themselves with the 2 teams remaing playing for the championship. it's all about trying to find a way to make it fair and give everyone an oportunity to be successful. now, for the record, the Bimbos were in the so called top division last season and finished last, and we had the same team as this year. we are only trying to make it fun and also be competitive. you should appreciate our efforts more. it's not about us (me and Chris). also I would like to add, just because you did not know about the playoff structure, doesn't mean others didn't.
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh August 24th 2011, 4:57 pm

ssssshhhhhh, anyone hear that, or feel that? was that another earthquake? Oh no, wait, just more BS from SSDA.
    Chris

Post  Chris August 24th 2011, 5:51 pm

Don't forget that last year (2010), we had enough teams for 9 divisions. All other years we have had 8 divisions.

I do find it odd that the complaint is about other SA players, but Maguire (who is a SA caliber player) was on your team this season.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 24th 2011, 11:55 pm

The complaint is NOT about other Super A players. The complaint is that you guys have changed the playoff format three different times in three different years, and every single time it not only didn't benefit us, it fucked us. Three years ago we should have cruised to a Championship. We got put in a division that we clearly were better than everyone else in. Then all of a sudden, at the end of the season, our division who was mainly made up of C and D teams (with the exception of us), got matched up against the Super A division in the playoffs. Granted the other 3 teams in our division got fucked WORSE than us because they REALLY had no chance, but we also got fucked because instead of getting a guarenteed Championship, we now got matched up against the Super A's in the playoffs. The next year, we get thrown into the Super A division, and low and behold, we are playing just ourselves that year. The year before, the Super A's get to play a bunch of C and D teams in the playoffs, but now all of a sudden (now that we are IN that division), we're playing JUST Super A's. THIS year, we AGAIN get thrown into the Super A's and this time don't even MAKE the playoffs. But SOMEHOW, the BIMBO'S of all teams now has a legit shot at playing in the SUPER A CHAMPIONSHIP even though they haven't faced a Super A team ALL SEASON OR in the PLAYOFFS. How is it even possible that the BIMBO'S have a shot to be the Super A Champs, and my team doesn't even get to play a single playoff game? That's totally fucked up. Jim says he intention was to have TWO upper divisions. Well if that truly was the case, how the hell did Norton get stuck in the Baker division? We're way closer to Brockton (twice) and even Plymouth than Rockland and Abington. Not only that, but the Abington Polish Club ALREADY had two other teams in the Baker division. If both divisions were meant to be equal upper levels, then why not put all THREE Polish Clubs together? And how is it not fair to make Vardado play Baker from the get go? You guys obviously thought it was fair to play a B division against the Super A's three years ago when WE were the ones that got screwed. It's the same old BS. Change the rules and format every season depending on where my team plays and how we do. Just once, i'd like to see you guys stay consistent with something.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 12:05 am

All I ask is that one of TWO things happen. Either #1, put us in a division where the matches are close to us, even though we may lose a lot OR #2 put us in a division where there is a lot of travel, but we kill everyone. We don't mind traveling as much when we get to crush teams. You do neither. Not only that, but we get put in a division where we travel a lot and WE get killed. That's TOTALLY the exact opposite of our request. As the great Kenny Powers says, "Win, Cheat, or Quit - there IS no FUCKING LOSE - EVER!"
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 12:14 am

And for the record, had we been put in the Vardado division, we more than likely would have gone 10-0. Not only that but we would have completely cruised to the Championship match, and not only would I NOT be bitching right now, I'd probably be throwng rose petals at your feet telling you what a WONDERFUL job you guys have done. Instead, we are where we are. You guys brought this on yourselves. I COULD be your greatest ally, but you insist on trying to make me your enemy. Makes no sense.
    Chris

Post  Chris August 25th 2011, 12:17 am

3 years ago yes, we went with the same format that Mel had used for many years prior. The way it went as you said, where everyone else got clobbered round 1 and you didn't go much further, made us say that perhaps we shouldn't continue with that.

Last year, as I have already stated, we had 9 divisions versus the other years we had 8, so one division HAD to play amongst themselves. Doing a 12 team playoff bracket in 3 weeks is not possible timewise. As you stated, we chose to have the top division play themselves because having them cross over to any other division gave that other division ZERO chance to win.

This year we had 8 divisions. You brought us some of your team (who had just won the division in A), several of Big E's team, Maguire, and one other fellow (I believe a D-C player). The Bimbos added JD and Steve to their team that has 2 of out of the past 3 MMDL seasons finished in the cellar and barely made playoffs the other season, getting smashed in the 1st round. It may interest you to know that I handled the divisions up there just so Jimmy wouldn't get accused of favoring his team. Are you suggesting that the Bimbos would be able to compete with the Demonators and Nice Splash better than your team, even though they can't even sniff the playoffs in A? Ideally we'd have enough top level teams to make 2 good divisions up there but that's hard with 140 or so teams in MMDL, with 40-50 teams it is even harder.

The first year we did the league, EVERYONE in that 2nd division complained and the scoring of those playoff matches spoke loud and clear. Nobody has complained since about any of that except yourself. Then again you asked to be in the Norwood/Dedham division where you could beat up on C teams every week if I remember. It's not easy to please everyone, God knows we probably never will. But I myself have no intention of putting someone in a spot where I can look at things before week 1 and see a team cruising to a title.

Bottom line is we tried things as they always had been the first time, and it didn't work for half the playoff teams. So instead of just saying "this is how it's been" we have tried different things to foster better competition in the postseason. Maybe we still haven't found that perfect thing, but it's not like we're not trying to. Not to bust balls but let's face it, you have competed well against some of the teams you played this season such as the Predators and Seadogs/McCrackins both this season and prior.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 12:30 am

Competing means shit. Winning is the only thing that means anything. There's no fucking fun in competing. I just think it's complete bullshit that a team can win the summer SUPER A Championship by playing just ONE single playoff match against the 3rd or 4th place Super A team. That's crap. My team played 10 weeks against the Super A squads (with the exception of Ro9). We went 4-3-3 and MISSED the PLAYOFFS. Now the Bimbo's (who've never beaten us) COULD have a chance to come in and basically STEAL the Super A Championship possibly against the 4th place Super A team that never beat my team all summer. That just doesn't seem right to me.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 12:36 am

"The first year we did the league, EVERYONE in that 2nd division complained and the scoring of those playoff matches spoke loud and clear. Nobody has complained since about any of that except yourself."

The reason nobody has complained since is because they either QUIT, or they didn't have to play the Super A teams anymore. The ONLY team that got stuck playing the Super A's since then was MINE. Hence, we are the only ones still complaining. Hook US up, like you did for the rest of them, and no more complaints from me. I promise.
    Chris

Post  Chris August 25th 2011, 1:34 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Competing means shit. Winning is the only thing that means anything. There's no fucking fun in competing. I just think it's complete bullshit that a team can win the summer SUPER A Championship by playing just ONE single playoff match against the 3rd or 4th place Super A team. That's crap. My team played 10 weeks against the Super A squads (with the exception of Ro9). We went 4-3-3 and MISSED the PLAYOFFS. Now the Bimbo's (who've never beaten us) COULD have a chance to come in and basically STEAL the Super A Championship possibly against the 4th place Super A team that never beat my team all summer. That just doesn't seem right to me.

OK and you have WON against those teams, both regular season and playoffs. You're making my point for me.
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh August 25th 2011, 10:04 am

Just put Wilkie's team in the finals every summer and then,maybe then,he will be happy.One of the main reasons I don't play summer darts anymore is so I don't have to interact in person with this loser and his loser team.Thank god he is off to PDL so he can win and his loser team can feel good about themselves and their loser Captain/Owner.He'll go off to the PDL for a season or two...may even win the PDL,come back and expect the MMDL to put him and his loser team in B or C because they've been away.I used to think Dave made some good points about darts in the area,now I know he is just a whiny bitch...his team must love being led by a whiny bitch,so I will infer from that,the Nemeskal and Fernandez boys must also be whiny bitches.I've known Nemeskal a long time,don't remember him being that way when I taught him the game...so Dave please don't come back,I'd rather quit darts than play your whiny bitch ass,and all your little whiny bitch ass sycophants. Cheers mate
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 10:54 am

Whatever fatty.
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh August 25th 2011, 10:57 am

Nice comeback...ooooooooh I'm FAT? No shit.Call me 4 eyes while you are at it.Childish loser.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 11:02 am

Do you have a job yet, or are you still working on that show Storage Wars? Yeeeeeeeep!
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 12:15 pm

And don't worry. You aren't going to be "deleted" as you refer to on the 2nd most popular dart site. That's not how shit works here. Screwa is based in FUCKING AMERICA, the Land of the FREE. Say what you want...That's why they call it an OPINION. You want to call me, or Brian, or Nemeskal losers, then so be it. I can assure you, none of us give a FLYING FUCK what comes out of your mouth, you insignificant shit stain (see i can use mean words too). As they say, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but NAMES will never hurt me". I piss people off on a daily basis, a little name calling isn't going to send me away crying. Obviously JD and ABA are a little overly sensitive about their "baby" and I can understand that. If they refuse to see that they CLEARLY fucked this thing up by giving the Vardado division a cakewalk to the finals than so be it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who realizes that it's clearly stupid to make the Super A's fight it out amongst themselves, then play a FINAL against an undeserving team who wasn't tested all year long. That is pretty clear. You can debate all day about who should play in what division, but in the end, it comes down to who you know and how well liked you are. I get it. If you don't like it, then leave cause it's your league, your rules, and you are in charge. Completely fine with me, but I'm STILL entitled to my opinions just like anyone else is. If you don't want to hear them, then quite simply, don't read them. It's no skin off MY back who reads this shit. I don't make money off this site. It's completely FREE. All I gotta do is renew the name every once in a while. Small price to pay for the VOICE OF FREEDOM. And on a side note, for those of you who love to repost my stuff on the "secondary dart site", you DO realize that I'm BANNED there right? Not only did I get banned, but HUNDREDS of my posts were deleted as if I don't even exist. That guy OBVIOUSLY hates me, and you people keep disrespecting him by constantly bringing my name up, mentioning my site, and even RE-POSTING my stuff. Do you realize that that must go directly UP HIS ASS SIDEWAYS?!? What a fucking slap in the face to the guy. If you need to say something to or about me, just come here. Don't worry, everyone will still see them. People try and act like they don't read, but they do. Do you think this thread hit 150 views cause I read it 150 times? Nope. Hell, I post 1 thing about the SSDA yesterday and I get a reply from JD in about 30 SECONDS. So not only are people reading, but they're checking it multiple times a day. Word spreads FAST!
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh August 25th 2011, 3:04 pm

Sure people read this...its so fucking funny.You are a sad little man.I enjoy the back and forth...it is really frowned upon on SEWA,but I don't own that site,and his rules.Your rules are just that,your rules.So I can appreciate what you spew here.For a guy who constantly talks about winning,you have an attitude that can only be described as one of a LOSER.Too bad.
    AcesHigh
    AcesHigh

Post  AcesHigh August 25th 2011, 3:34 pm

Oh so now we're all a bunch of losers? Nice, really nice.

We're tired of the BS, fix it or leave it as is and see how many other teams get fed up over it too. It'll happen, watch.
    Chris

Post  Chris August 25th 2011, 4:47 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:"The first year we did the league, EVERYONE in that 2nd division complained and the scoring of those playoff matches spoke loud and clear. Nobody has complained since about any of that except yourself."

The reason nobody has complained since is because they either QUIT, or they didn't have to play the Super A teams anymore. The ONLY team that got stuck playing the Super A's since then was MINE. Hence, we are the only ones still complaining. Hook US up, like you did for the rest of them, and no more complaints from me. I promise.

I don't remember all of them top of my head..but I know one was Peter Jones' team. They're still playing..
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 25th 2011, 11:54 pm

WIN, CHEAT, OR QUIT! THERE IS NO FUCKING LOSE...EVER!
    dwalsh

Post  dwalsh August 26th 2011, 9:39 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:WIN, CHEAT, OR QUIT! THERE IS NO FUCKING LOSE...EVER!

Well you have the quit part down...when will you ever have the WIN part down??
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 26th 2011, 10:27 am

We've managed to somehow grab 3 Championships and about 15 division titles along the way, so it hasn't been all bad. If we were in the E's or D's, we'd probably fucking crush and win the States. In the end, it's tough to win when they're always trying to put you in a division that's higher than your actual team's level. Quite simply, when we are in a division in which we belong, we typically come in 1st or 2nd then contend for a Championship. When we aren't, we miss the playoffs. Bottom line, personally, and as a team, I've won more than I've lost, and I'm totally content with that. Winning isn't so much how good YOU are as opposed to how bad your opponnent is.
    Chris

Post  Chris August 26th 2011, 4:11 pm

dwalsh wrote:
    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:WIN, CHEAT, OR QUIT! THERE IS NO FUCKING LOSE...EVER!

Well you have the quit part down...when will you ever have the WIN part down??

I can think of others who have the quitting part pretty good too.. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 13th 2024, 8:51 am