Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

3 posters

Week 8

MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Week 8 Empty Week 8

Post  MetalRulz October 26th 2011, 1:28 pm

Just the Tip - 8

Full Tilt - 0

Unfortunately the other team was short handed. So it was pretty much a blood bath. They're a good bunch of guys, but it wasn't much fun playing a team short handed. No
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Week 8 Empty Re: Week 8

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 26th 2011, 2:23 pm

Goddamned motherfucking sandbaggers!!! Laughing
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 26th 2011, 2:51 pm

In other news....

In the Super Elite Dart Master Champions division...

Social Assassins 4
    @
    Bulls On Parade 4

OT LOSS.

We lost to these guys the first time around in the THIRD game of OT (Cricket - Their choice)

This time around we lost to these guys in the THIRD game of OT (Cricket - Their choice)

De Ja Fucking Vu.

A tough fucking battle. We were actually lucky to field a full team for this one. We've been going with 6 all year long, but amazingly, with a 20 minute road trip (the longest one of the year), HALF the team tried to bail. Nemeskal and Ken were out, and Nellie didn't want to go, but he was 'convinced' to do so for the sake of the team. Very tight games, and unfortunately a long night on our furthest road trip of the season, with a tough loss on the 11th match of the night.

I did have a question about the overtime, which nobody on the other team knew either. Who starts each game? I thought it should be cork determines the start of each OT game, but they thought it should stay in the same order as the regular match which meant AWAY starts the 501 game, and HOME starts the cricket game. Which is what we ended up doing. We then compromised and threw cork for the final game, and let the winner choose the game AND start. I just think that letting the HOME team automatically start the cricket game is a HUGE advantage. In my opionion, starting a cricket game is a MUCH bigger advantage than starting a 501 game (especially with the double in).
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz October 26th 2011, 4:02 pm

I did have a question about the overtime, which nobody on the other team knew either. Who starts each game? I thought it should be cork determines the start of each OT game, but they thought it should stay in the same order as the regular match which meant AWAY starts the 501 game, and HOME starts the cricket game. Which is what we ended up doing. We then compromised and threw cork for the final game, and let the winner choose the game AND start. I just think that letting the HOME team automatically start the cricket game is a HUGE advantage. In my opionion, starting a cricket game is a MUCH bigger advantage than starting a 501 game (especially with the double in).[/quote]

Break out the rule book bitch! Shocked
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 27th 2011, 10:36 am

I couldn't find it in the rulebook.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 27th 2011, 10:56 am

This is an issue that you have no idea about. You don't even know what Overtime IS, as you are winning 8-0 EVERY week in the Little Miss Kitty division!
    MetalRulz
    MetalRulz

Post  MetalRulz October 27th 2011, 11:38 am

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:I couldn't find it in the rulebook.

They didn't teach you how to use a glossary @ that little fag prep school of yours. What a Face
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 27th 2011, 11:46 am

I've read the book cover to cover, including the glossary, MANY times, I just can't find it. If you know where it's located in the book, please let me know. All I can find is the format of the overtime, and that 3rd game is diddle. I can't find anything else that actually states who starts each game. If you continue with regular match order, then AWAY starts the 501, and HOME starts the cricket. If that's the case, then we did it right. All I am saying is that whoever starts the CRICKET has a much bigger advantage than whoever starts the 501, and in a crucial overtime situation, I would rather see that determined by something like a diddle rather than soley the location that the match is being played at. You don't need to worry though cause when you move up next year you STILL won't be seeing OT games, just for a different reason.
    mark
    mark

Post  mark October 27th 2011, 12:57 pm

Good question.

The tie breaker in the rules (10.1 on page 24) for a team match is a "Team Set" of Cricket, 501, choice. "Team Set" leg starts are defined in rule 7.9.3.3 on page 18. (And yes, both are in the index.)

Note that it's not 501, Cricket, choice. Looks like the match report incorrectly lists the format in reverse - the rules, however, apply.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld October 27th 2011, 1:23 pm

It's good to know that cricket is supposed to be the FIRST game of the tiebreaker. We played 501 first in both our OT matches this year (as written on the scoresheet). So, just to clarify, the VISITNG team starts the 1st game of OT (which is CRICKET), and the HOME team starts the 2nd game of OT (which is 501). If a 3rd game is needed, the AWAY team decides who diddles for cork 1st and the winner of that diddle choses the 3rd game AND starts.

So, in our case, we played in the wrong order, but the correct teams started each game. I think we need a re-do. Wink Smile
    mark
    mark

Post  mark October 27th 2011, 2:36 pm

Ah, well, the match play form in the kit is also wrong. In any case the rules win...unless both captains have a tacit or express agreement on an alternative method, such as that listed.

Captains have the authority in this league (agreement mandated) to change things depending on the specifics of the match in progress. Especially in the super special kicka$$ division.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content