Screwadarts.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Screwadarts.com

Dart Forum

5 posters

Super A drama

EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Super A drama Empty Super A drama

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 5th 2010, 11:55 am

So three whole teams signed up for Super A. Wow, there's a shocker! Can't believe that NOBODY saw this coming. Oh wait, I DID. Kudos to Jakesey for actually putting his darts where his mouth is and stepping up. What kills me is all this "talk" from people saying well we WOULD move up but we only have 5 guys....or we want to move up but we're not quite ready. Here's a NEWSFLASH for you people. It doesn't matter if you are ready or if you think your team is good enough to compete because NOBODY has a chance against Makin Treble anyway!!! All we need is bodies. Three teams that are willing to play MEANINGLESS darts for four months. That's it. Just teams that don't care about winning at all and are willing to play darts with absolutely no chance at winning shit. My team did it last season, and now we need some more volunteers to "fall on the sword" and give up their season while the rest of us actually try and compete for a Championship in A. This notion of abandoning Super A and putting the Super A's is ridiculous. If you are going to do that, just take teams and move them up. It's the same difference. Putting the Super A's in A will just mean that all the A's will now want to go to B and so on down the line. Personally, I think ANYONE who was on that Stealth team that went to the STATE FINALS after winning their division and area should be in Super A regardless of the team they are on. The notion of "breaking up" just to stay in A is bushleague. If you want to break up, fine, but if you want to still play, the team you join has to go to Super A and waste their season like mine had to do last Spring. Either way, Super A should be here to stay. Hell, I just saw that Drtr just volunteered for SA. More power to him. If he says he wants in, then by god, let him in. He has just as much of a chance to get crushed as anyone, and if he doesn't care, then by all means let him go. My team cares and we're all set with being the sacraficial lambs. If we're going to play darts that don't count for anything, we might as well just play in a house league and save our 45 minute road trips, and save our lungs from these cancer coffins that we play at (which should be illegal by the way). The only reason we play in the MMDL is so that we can actually have a chance to win something that seems worthwile.
    Jakesy

Super A drama Empty Re: Super A drama

Post  Jakesy August 11th 2010, 12:03 pm

Thanks Dave, and believe me it wasn't easy getting enough players to move up with me. I'm looking forward to it. While we don't plan on getting crushed we certainly know we won't touch Makin Treble. What i'm really happy to hear is that while they will be moving A teams up, yours won't be one of them, they are sticking to the rules. The Ironic thing is The Assassins will probably be one of them, now I'll get to shoot against my old team. Laughing Laughing It should be a lot better than your expirience because they say it will be 6-8 teams which means there will be competitive matches other than Making treble. Good luck in the fall, you should be the odds on favorite for an A championship. Then I'll see you up in S.A. in the spring. Mad Mad
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 11th 2010, 12:30 pm

Well, if that's all true, then it's great news! More competitive matches in Super A AND I get what I want. Is that really so hard? You see, we all CAN get along. I totally can't see how they'll be able to come up with 8 teams per area though. 6 would be a MAJOR stretch, but MAY be possible. 8 doesn't realistically seem doable though. 6 will make it so that the regular season actually MEANS something though with not all teams making the playoffs. However, I forsee battles between 5th and 6th to purposely try to lose games at the end of the season so that they are the one's who get to move down (unless you let BOTH 5th and 6th move down while forcing up the A Area Champ, AND a division winner) That might be the best call actually. The only other possibility is that you go with just 4 teams in each area, but only let the top two make the playoffs.
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy August 11th 2010, 12:43 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Well, if that's all true, then it's great news! More competitive matches in Super A AND I get what I want. Is that really so hard? You see, we all CAN get along. I totally can't see how they'll be able to come up with 8 teams per area though. 6 would be a MAJOR stretch, but MAY be possible. 8 doesn't realistically seem doable though. 6 will make it so that the regular season actually MEANS something though with not all teams making the playoffs. However, I forsee battles between 5th and 6th to purposely try to lose games at the end of the season so that they are the one's who get to move down (unless you let BOTH 5th and 6th move down while forcing up the A Area Champ, AND a division winner) That might be the best call actually. The only other possibility is that you go with just 4 teams in each area, but only let the top two make the playoffs.

It's definitely 6-8 Dave, per Adam. They're going to just force teams up, adhere to the rules and if people want to leave so be it. It will sting at the beginning but in the long run, will make it fair to all. Then no more situations like the one you had to deal with. With the new format it will be a lot more competitive. M.T. will be untouchable for the most part in 2-3 Cricket but very human in a single 501 D/D and 2/3 301. I don't fear any one of them in 301 or 501 and plan to steal a few crickets too. You just make sure you do the right thing if you win it all in the fall come spring time. Wink
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 11th 2010, 12:53 pm

Oh, don't you worry. I ALWAYS play by the rules, and no one can dispute that. I just get ticked when the rules get changed mid-stream. If the rules state the Area or division winner has to move up, then we do, and always have. When the rules state that the last place team gets to move down, then that should be honored as well. If the rules state that you only need 3 players and everyone makes the playoffs, then don't complain when a team shows up with 4 or 5 guys to play a match that doesn't count for shit. They're not MY rules, I just play the hand I'm dealt.
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy August 11th 2010, 12:58 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:Oh, don't you worry. I ALWAYS play by the rules, and no one can dispute that. I just get ticked when the rules get changed mid-stream. If the rules state the Area or division winner has to move up, then we do, and always have. When the rules state that the last place team gets to move down, then that should be honored as well. If the rules state that you only need 3 players and everyone makes the playoffs, then don't complain when a team shows up with 4 or 5 guys to play a match that doesn't count for shit. They're not MY rules, I just play the hand I'm dealt.
    Ha Ha, That you do...... with a vengeance Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Jakesy

Post  Jakesy August 17th 2010, 7:29 am

Good news for the A team. The Assassins volunteered to move up to Super A, You just increased your odds of having a shot at a State title there David
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 17th 2010, 10:37 am

State??? Not so sure about that, since we can't even play those guys in the States. The Area just got easier though, i'll admit that.
    EyesOfTheWorld
    EyesOfTheWorld
    Admin

Post  EyesOfTheWorld August 17th 2010, 10:55 am

So Jakesy, who's the 6 Super A squads?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts August 18th 2010, 1:18 pm

EyesOfTheWorld wrote:State??? Not so sure about that, since we can't even play those guys in the States. The Area just got easier though, i'll admit that.

Death Row may have something to say about that......
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 19th 2010, 11:34 am

JustTheFacts wrote:
    EyesOfTheWorld wrote:State??? Not so sure about that, since we can't even play those guys in the States. The Area just got easier though, i'll admit that.

Ya, they will say, great season guys. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts August 19th 2010, 2:09 pm

Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

Don't bet on it Frank! We've dropped our two weakest shooters (and no Frank, I'm still on the team Shocked ) And we've added a strong shot. This will help round out our lineup a bit. We won't run away with anything, but we won't be pushovers either. We've finished 3rd with those 2 guys on the team, and only the Assassins and Wendells ahead of us (albeit by alot). I like our chances to compete.
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 19th 2010, 2:35 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

Don't bet on it Frank! We've dropped our two weakest shooters (and no Frank, I'm still on the team Shocked ) And we've added a strong shot. This will help round out our lineup a bit. We won't run away with anything, but we won't be pushovers either. We've finished 3rd with those 2 guys on the team, and only the Assassins and Wendells ahead of us (albeit by alot). I like our chances to compete.

I was just busting you, that's all. Any team that Scott puts together will always be competitive.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post  JustTheFacts August 19th 2010, 2:53 pm

Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

I was just busting you, that's all. Any team that Scott puts together will always be competitive.

I know it Frank! Just a little back and forth my friend. I'm very used to you busting my chops buddy! Very Happy
    Chitown599
    Chitown599

Post  Chitown599 August 19th 2010, 3:17 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

I know it Frank! Just a little back and forth my friend. I'm very used to you busting my chops buddy! Very Happy

It's all in fum Matt, it's all in fun
    saytinh3330

Post  saytinh3330 October 14th 2010, 9:31 am

Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:
    Chitown599 wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:

It's all in fum Matt, it's all in fun

That's funny when reading this reply. I like our chances to compete.

Halong bay cruises-Vietnam holiday packages-Nha trang travel guide

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 8:05 am